Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I have a 2004 Acura TL which has integrated Bluetooth allowing for hands-free use of a phone. However, for it to function, it requires a Bluetooth phone with the "hands-free" profile (not just the more common "headset" profile, which is all my current Sony Ericcson p900 has...)

Does anyone know if the upcoming Treo 650 will have the handsfree Bluetooth profile?
    Global Posts
    172 Global Posts
    I guess I need to know that, too. should get my TL by the end of the week, and was hoping to upgrade my 300 to an Ace--and get my wife off Nextel with a new Ace.

My 300 has a yellow line across the screen, and I have a Best Buy warranty covering it, but have been waiting for the Ace. Would probably be a showstopper for me if it won't integrate with the TL.
    Ditto. Planning on upgrading from the 600 to the Ace as well as purchasing a TL when my current lease expires in December. A lack of compatibility will certainly make me reconsider all my options.
    I just have this feeling in my gut that palmone will only include bare minimal profile support will be included. Of course I can't tell since I can't seem to find out about what profiles palm supports in their other handhelds.
    "The danger from computers is not that they will eventually get as smart as men, but that we will agree to meet them halfway." -Bernard Avishai
    "Computers are a lot like air conditioners - they both work great until you open windows." -Anonymous

Global Posts
    172 Global Posts
    Are the profiles something that a third party could do...or are you stuck with what it comes with?
    We do not know for sure if it even has built in BT.
    The phone presented as the 650 in the photos does have bluetooth (there's a connection icon in the top right screen). We don't know what vesion (speculated to be 1.1) or what level of support.
    "The danger from computers is not that they will eventually get as smart as men, but that we will agree to meet them halfway." -Bernard Avishai
    "Computers are a lot like air conditioners - they both work great until you open windows." -Anonymous

Global Posts
    320 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by F1Turbo
    Are the profiles something that a third party could do...or are you stuck with what it comes with?
    Pretty much stuck with what it haves, you can replace the BT stack (drivers) but it is messy, people on xda-developers are trying to replace the MS BT stack with the Widcomm one, and have had some success but haven't got handsfree or headset working yet....

I might point out considering how closed PalmSource is becoming it would probably be a MORE difficult on a Palm PDA, plus you don't have another Palm phone with all the profiles to copy from as the people on xda-developers are copying drivers from the hp6315
    http://qualweb.bluetooth.org/Templat...&ProductID=886

Bluetooth stack for Palm OS 5.x, 6.x or later.

Bluetooth identifier :
    B00743

Created Date :
    2002-09-09

Spec version :

PRD version :

Product ID :
    Bluetooth Stack for Palm OS

Software Version :

Hardware Version :
    N/A

Qualified Product Notice :
    QPN_096-CTCMrev2.pdf

Compliant Portion :
    CPD_096-CTCMrev2.pdf

Qualified profile :
    -*DUN-DT
    -*GAP
    -*LAN-DT
    -*OBEX
    -*OPP-Client
    -*OPP-Server
    -*SDAP
    -*SDP
    -*Serial-DevA
    -*Serial-DevB

Interop Devices :
    -*-

Product Type :
    Subsystem

List Date :
    2002-09-09

Product Contact Person :
    Thomas Junillon

Email :
    thomas.junillon@palmsource.com

Phone :
    +33 4 99 52 43 50

Company URL :
    http://www.palmsource.com

BQB :
    Eriksson, Lars
    Qualified profile :

-*DUN-DT: DUN: DialUp Networking (Profile) (DUN-DT = = DUN-Data Terminal = = Client]

-*GAP: Generic Access [GAP: Generic Access Profile]

-*LAN-DT: LAP: LAN Access Profile (LAP-DT==LAP-Data Terminal==Client)

-*OBEX: OBject EXchange protocol - describes how to send and receive an OBEX object (file)

-*OPP-Client: OPP-Client [OPP: Oject Push Profile]

-*OPP-Server: OPP-Server [OPP: Oject Push Profile]

-*SDAP: Service Discovery Application Profile

-*SDP: Service Discovery Profile

-*Serial-DevA: Serial-DevA [SPP: Serial Port Profile (Serial Dev-A==Client]

-*Serial-DevB: Serial-DevB [SPP: Serial Port Profile (Serial Dev-A==Client, Serial Dev-B==Server)]

Thanks,
    Peter
    No BT 1.2 and no handfree profile equals crippled device.
    Global Posts
    320 Global Posts
    Yeah I must agree that lack of handsfree profile on my XDA II has been a real drawback when it comes to usage with bluetooth carkits....
    That is old documentation (2002-09-09). The BT Qualification Process has to be completed for each new product (Prep > Test > BQB Assessment and Listing > Maint.) This is probably the listing for the early development of the 5.X and 6.X OS's.

If you search the Qualified Products page on BT's qualweb palm, you can see the Zire72 came out in 4-28-2004 with different BT profiles than the one for the early OS.
    Global Posts
    598 Global Posts
    I'm hoping it for with my 04 TL too. The iPaq 6315 doesn't work at all, doesn't have the right profile. I'm not holding my breath for the Treo 650 to be TL compatible.

Joe
  15.    #15  
    For what it is worth, the upcoming Motorola MPX220 will supposedly have the handsfree profile.

http://www.motorola.com/motoinfo/pro.../0,,53,00.html

http://www.howardchui.com/modules.ph...icle&artid=172
    Verizon has already blocked certain bluetooth functionality on their newest bluetooth phone. Read here:

http://www.blueserker.com/html/modul...rder=0&thold=0

I'm sure they'll probably do the same when the Treo 650 arrives - if it arrives. The only available configuration that Verizon enabled is the headset function. File transfer and/or syncing was disabled to force you to use their pay service. Even if you take pictures, you cannot download them unless you pay Verizon. Verizon claims it was for safety measures. I'm sure.
    How about bluetooth gps units? That's the big one I'm waiting for. Bluetooth gps, with 320^2 pixels.... sweet!
    there's at least hope that if the hardware is there then software can be made to use it. . . whether by palmone or some cracker with some time on his hands.

I own an 04 TL, too, and my information from Sprint is that the 650 will have the handsfree profile.
    What is this info from sprint that you have. Do you have other info besides the handsfree profiles?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast