Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Yes, I would like to know too. Considering a TL or RL in 2004-5. Thanks, Joe

I know the bluetooth gps units are out there. My question is if the profiles in the treo 650 will support connecting to a bluetooth gps unit. And beyond that can the 650 connect to both a bluetooth and a handfree boom a tthe same time. :-D
    I have Cingular. I leased a 2004 Acura TL in May. Went to a Cingular store and got a Siemens S56 phone and a third line for 9.99 on family talk. When I get in the car, I forward my treo number to the Siemens and dial out through the TL hands freel bluetooth link.
    From Palm's site:
    Bluetooth wireless features and profiles on Treo 650

The Treo 650 smartphone's Bluetooth 1.1 implementation supports these Bluetooth profiles:
    GAP (Generic Access Profile: core Bluetooth support)
    HSP (Headset Profile: answer/end calls, make outgoing calls, adjust volume)
    HFP (Hands-Free Profile: reject call, mute, auto-answer, voice tags, last number redial)
    SPP (Serial Port Profile: Bluetooth support for serial data connections, treating Bluetooth links as virtual COM ports)
    GOEP (Generic Object Exchange Protocol: vCal, vCard and other files exchanged with Bluetooth devices)

Treo 650's Bluetooth implementation does not support these Bluetooth profiles:
    HID (Human Interface Device: connect to Bluetooth keyboard and other input devices)
    FTP (File Transfer Profile: appears as external hard drive on a Windows or Mac computer)
    A2DP (Advanced Audio Distribution: playing music wirelessly. This is Bluetooth 1.2, and the Treo 650 smartphone is Bluetooth 1.1)
    All other Bluetooth profiles not specifically listed above

I'd have liked to have seen HID, but oh well.
    Quote Originally Posted by BryanRagon
    My question is if the profiles in the treo 650 will support connecting to a bluetooth gps unit. And beyond that can the 650 connect to both a bluetooth and a handfree boom a tthe same time. :-D
    The Treo 650 does support SPP, which is what all (I believe) GPS units communicate with.

However, I don't know if it can support multiple connections. That is a very good question.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12