Global Posts
    99 Global Posts
    Hello all. Are there any freeware programs out there that would allow me to send and receive instant messages from AIM users? Thanks
    Global Posts
    99 Global Posts
    Thank you very much....
    Quote Originally Posted by TR30
    Has anyone ever had luck with this program? My buddy list never comes up and when i enter buddy's in by hand they never show up as online... I just ended up buying VeriChat

Timmay
    Iím a lucky man to count on both hands
    The ones I love..

Visor Pro -> Visor Edge -> Treo 180 -> Treo 270 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> T|T2+SE T68i -> Treo 600 -> T-Mobile MDA -> Treo 755p -> Treo 800w -> Treo 755p -> PALM PRE -> Palm Pre 2 -> HP Palm Pre 3

Twittering about
    I haven't used AIM Palm too much, but the few times that I did, I haven't had any problems with it. My BL came up just fine. I never did add buddies on the Palm version (usually I do that through Windows), so I can't confirm that problem.
    DON'T USE THE FREE UK VERSION. Do a seach - there is a well-documented problem that can cause a reset loop. If you want to use the AIM palm client instead of chatter/verichat/others, then pay the $20 to AOL... Beats spending a weekend fixing your Treo...
    Global Posts
    379 Global Posts
    I have been using AIM for several months on my palm, the free one, and have had no problems what so ever, the only time I entered a buddy on the palm and they never showed up as on line I had misspelled their user name, my fault, so I am kind of glad they never did show up as on line! that could have been interesting ;-)
    I have used the free version and have had problems. I used it for months before the problem occurred. It was not pleasant. I was forced to do a hard reset. Apparently, there are ways to on do a soft reset and survive, but I didn't know that (or had forgotten how) by then.

People keep coming on saying, "I've been using it for months...no problem". Then about a week (or a month later) they come back and say, "Opps... it just crashed on me.." As people have advised, bite the bullet and get Verichat or some other IM client that works (I don't hink Marc is accepting Chatter IM accounts right now.) It'll be worth it in the end.

(If you like jabber, and don't mind messing about, your might try chatopus also.)
    Causerie is coming soon as well. Not free, but looks promising.
    Global Posts
    379 Global Posts
    But I have been using Blazer and had it crash had to do a hard reset, downloaded various Palm programs that crashed every single time, had to remove those as soon as I got the phone up and running, had it crash just going from one aplication to home or another aplication via the smart buttons, it seams like every program weather it came with the treo or not has the ability to crash it so I guess we have two choices live with the little once in a wyle crashes, learn to do a warm reset, or go back to our palm IIIes and nokia phones.
    Terry