1.    #1  
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkC
    So Excited
    Also here at The Register...

Can't wait to get mine either (biggest understatement of the year)...

Cheers, A.
    if that isnt news! great work, tks.

actually I was betting that the official announcement of this goodie would be today, sept. 13th ...
    The best news about this is that HTC is now manufacturing the Treo. HTC has been the manufacturer (and in many cases the designer) of all the Ipaqs. Their build quality and component sourcing is top notch, They are probably the most experianced manufacturer of PDA devices on the planet.
    here some HTC infos:

http://www.areamobile.de/php/pages/v...orP.php?uid=13

right bostonnerd, lots of goodies being made there

so one may risk to buy an early production model
  7.    #7  
    Estimates on the time from shipping to P1 to shipping to customers, anyone?
    Quote Originally Posted by beelzebueb
    here some HTC infos:

http://www.areamobile.de/php/pages/v...orP.php?uid=13

right bostonnerd, lots of goodies being made there

so one may risk to buy an early production model
    I doubt you will see the same reoccurring hardware/manufacturing defects that were seen in the past.
    On the digitimes link, near the bottom from May 10:

"HTC likely to manufacture the Palm upgrade of the Treo600 (May 10)"

I could not read it because I do not have a subscription, but detectives should have a subscription, no?
    Dear all,

Hey mama...*Garfield sashay* Hey mama...

Anyone watched the Garfield movie?

This rock man. Treo 600 price gonna take a deep plunge into the cess pool.
    maybe the build quality will be better, I hope
    La Vie En Diaspora: Enfin, une émission qui raconte votre vie aux Etats-Unis

Treo 600 in December '03, Treo 650 in February '05, HTC TyTN Pro in August '06, and back to Treo 750 in January '07, find me at MyTreo.net

About me: story of the 100thMonkey
    This is great news on a number of fronts. Expect the build quality to be improved. Also HTC manufacturer almost all the top range Pocket PC Phones which are then rebranded by OEMS, think XDA, O2, MDA, blah, blah.

Should also mean the cost of manufacture comes down by using such a large manufacturer, whether we will see that in lower prices remains to be seen.

Cheers
    VikingBrad
  13.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by VikingBrad
    This is great news on a number of fronts. Expect the build quality to be improved. Also HTC manufacturer almost all the top range Pocket PC Phones which are then rebranded by OEMS, think XDA, O2, MDA, blah, blah.
    IIRC, the original XDA had problems with the paint peeling off. Hopefully, that's a lesson they've learned by now!
    WOW! I actually find it interesting that the same ODM will be producing both the Treo 650/Ace and the most uber WM MDA III... I wonder which one of these will HTC make more of and which one it will make the most profit off?

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Global Posts
    320 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkC
    IIRC, the original XDA had problems with the paint peeling off. Hopefully, that's a lesson they've learned by now!
    The XDA II doesn't seem to have this problem!