1.    #1  
    Does any know of a third party service that can grab my corporate webmail and then I can access this service (POP,IMAP) from my phone using Snapper or the Palm default mail program?

I have searched and read the archives in the forums and canít find any way to access webmail (I have tried some of the suggestions but no luck). Iím currently with T-Mo and their My Email service can do this but Iím frustrated with their coverage and slow and spotty network.

If there was a third party service similar to My Email, I could switch to Verizon or Sprint and have better download speeds. I have used a VPN client software in the past but my company changed to an IPSEC server which requires a few more passwords to log in but Iím not able to send them my phone to them to configure.

I have tried services like GopherKing and others but so far no webmail access.

Thanks.
    what kind of servers are you running at work? are they exchange, lotus notes/domino, groupware, or something else? do you know if they have public facing pop3/imap mail servers?
    Treo 800w 8/08
    Nokia N800
    previously: Treo 700wx 12/06, Sprint 6700 3/06; Treo 650 11/04; Treo 600 1/04 (gone); Samsung i500 (gone); Hitachi G1000 11/03 (gone); Nokia 7110 5/00(best phone ever)
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by Kenundrum
    what kind of servers are you running at work? are they exchange, lotus notes/domino, groupware, or something else? do you know if they have public facing pop3/imap mail servers?
    They are exchange servers and have no public facing to pop3 or imap.
    Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    I'm also interested in this.

I know the latest Snappermail 2.o includes IMAP4 - and I've asked our IT people if I can get MSExchange mail with it - but no response yet...
    Global Posts
    239 Global Posts
    I've been following this topic for awhile now and, unfortunatley, there is no great solution that I have heard of yet. There are two solutions:

1) You can put an application on your desktop to push/forward your exchange email to you. This requires you leave your computer in the office, turned on and connected to the exchage server while you are away. In my case, I have a home office with a VPN. Also, I use a laptop which I need when I travel. Not a good solution for me. Some aps allow you to have up to six proxy mechines that will act as a sarogates for you on the network while you are out. You may want to look at LeeDirbyshire or Gopherking. Or,

2) You have to get your IT department to put software on the corporate Exchange server. From the little research I have done, Good looks the best. Unfortunately, I work for a small company and I am the only one pushing for this capability. Doesn't look like it's happening soon.

Hopefully, your situations are different and a solution will present itself.

Good luck,

Mac
    "I Sync, therefore I AM!"

BellSouth became Cingular, left for ATT, who became Cingular, who became ATT. Is that right?
    Visor Pro > Vx > Treo600 > Treo650 > Treo680 > Tilt!
    I am hoping this will work and am going to get my IS guy to try and set it up. The Adobe manual for Snapper sure claims that you can get your corporate e-mail off of an Exchange server, and that it synchs the ones you have viewed.
    Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    I access OWA using WebPro with no problems. It's still a lot of vertical scrolling, and I wish I could get the msgs in Snapper or ChatterEmail, but it definitely works.

might be an option for you.