Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Butler 2.0
    - Added sms popup suppression
    - Added history to volume button switcher - you can now switch back through recent apps and forwards again

Phone technician 1.3
    - Auto install option for NotCarKit

ArrowLauncher
    - Beam and Delete icons now enabled
    (you will have to update the new simple skin if you're using it)

- Oh - And Arrow Launcher now reduced to $6. I can't understand why everyone isn't buying this - I can't live without it!

Enjoy!
    Hobbyist Software
    VLC Remote - Control VLC from your Pre
    Remote - Control iTunes from your Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by confusedvorlon
    Butler 2.0
    - Added sms popup suppression
    - Added history to volume button switcher - you can now switch back through recent apps and forwards again

Phone technician 1.3
    - Auto install option for NotCarKit

ArrowLauncher
    - Beam and Delete icons now enabled
    (you will have to update the new simple skin if you're using it)

- Oh - And Arrow Launcher now reduced to $6. I can't understand why everyone isn't buying this - I can't live without it!

Enjoy!
    Thanks CV!

BUY ARROW LAUNCHER!!!! IT IS AWESOME
    When downloading from Palmgear Butler PRC is still labled 1.92 and Phone Technician PRC is labled 1.21, have they not been upgraded yet at Palmgear??
    I just got Butler 2.0 from Palm Gear.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by hcain
    When downloading from Palmgear Butler PRC is still labled 1.92 and Phone Technician PRC is labled 1.21, have they not been upgraded yet at Palmgear??
    It works fine for me - probably just needs to propogate through servers. Give it time!

Or you could try a hard reload (Shift refresh on IE I think)
    Hobbyist Software
    confusedvorlon,

Alarm is not working (correctly) for me with the new 2.0.
    I set up both alarms (10 minutes apart) for say 8:00am and then 8:10am.
    I have one more event for the night, my ChatterEmail is configured to sleep (not fetch emails automatically) from 12:00am to 6:30am.

This morning Butler 2.0 did not trigger the alarms (either), but when I took my Treo out of the cradle at around 8:45am and turned it on, right after I clicked on an application button suddenly Butler woke up (45 minutes late).
    Any idea why Butler is pausing/missing the alarm time?
    If you have a debug/log mode that I can activate to provide you with more information?

Thanks,
    Ix.
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by ixtab1970
    confusedvorlon,

Alarm is not working (correctly) for me with the new 2.0.
    I set up both alarms (10 minutes apart) for say 8:00am and then 8:10am.
    I have one more event for the night, my ChatterEmail is configured to sleep (not fetch emails automatically) from 12:00am to 6:30am.

This morning Butler 2.0 did not trigger the alarms (either), but when I took my Treo out of the cradle at around 8:45am and turned it on, right after I clicked on an application button suddenly Butler woke up (45 minutes late).
    Any idea why Butler is pausing/missing the alarm time?
    If you have a debug/log mode that I can activate to provide you with more information?

Thanks,
    Ix.
    I have only one guess - Chatter, or some other app was freezing the palm. Something you did when you removed the treo from cradle released it from the freeze (possibly by causing a reset).

It's a little far fetched I admit - but I can't think of anything else. I didn't touch the alarm functionality at all in release 2.0

Can you see if this is repeatable? Can you also check the reset log (dial *#err) to see if it offers any clues.
    Hobbyist Software
    Hi,

I checked it did not reset (I could actually see the screen with the last app - Takephone and then I clicked on an application button, Calendar, I think) and only then the alarm sounded), an additional indicator is that I have my Treo to lock on reset (mSafe) so on every reset I have to type credentials (meaning there's no way I can not know about a reset event), so it seems like Butler was waiting for some trap/event before it could trigger it's own event.

It happened twice already (always overnight)

Strange.
    Ix.
    confused...great job! One regression I noticed in 2.0--Butler seems to go off again when running Webviewer (i.e. a Java-based program). This didn't happen in the previous version, and I believe this was an issue you had fixed a few versions ago.
    "Oooh oooh aaah aaah! Slap!" - MAdMoNKEY
    Quote Originally Posted by MAdMoNKEY
    confused...great job! One regression I noticed in 2.0--Butler seems to go off again when running Webviewer (i.e. a Java-based program). This didn't happen in the previous version, and I believe this was an issue you had fixed a few versions ago.
    I noticed this same issue regarding the alerts going off in webviewer (in addition, my other alerts were not working properly).
    "Oh - And Arrow Launcher now reduced to $6. I can't understand why everyone isn't buying this - I can't live without it!"

- I bought it, and use it quite a bit, but I really would like to see the "sort by category (i.e., application, contact, mp3, etc.). I believe you see a whole new market open up, because somefolks want to browse quickly between items...
    My led flashes fast when browsing with webviewer with Butler2.0, and I do have the "ignore alerts in java" option selected in Butler preferences.
    I love ArrowLauncher too. It is very similar to Quicksilver and Launchbar on the Mac, which are also indispensible. I don't see much reason for sort by categeory.
  14.    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by jsgreen
    My led flashes fast when browsing with webviewer with Butler2.0, and I do have the "ignore alerts in java" option selected in Butler preferences.
    I think this is fixed in Butler 2.01. Stupid mistake on my part.
    Hobbyist Software
    You know, I too agree with the need for a category option. I could do without the caveman metaphor decor, in exchange for some large, clear catergory buttons. I bought Arrow but don't use it for this reason.
    Global Posts
    321 Global Posts
    I have been having an issue with my ringer volume being reset to 1 bar causing me to miss calls. Someone else did also and they emailed Hobbyist and got this reply: re: Phone Technician. If you use Funky Ringer, it will take the place of the normal ringer functions of the Treo. Thus, turn off Funky Ring Tones if you want the regular ringer to work. Use Butler as a reminder (without affecting initial ringer) if need be.

If this is the case, what good is the program for using the Funky ringer which I want to use if it resets my volume to 1 bar each time? I turned off that function just as a test, and have not had an issue with the volume being reset since then.

Any Ideas?
  17.    #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by nuflat
    I have been having an issue with my ringer volume being reset to 1 bar causing me to miss calls. Someone else did also and they emailed Hobbyist and got this reply: re: Phone Technician. If you use Funky Ringer, it will take the place of the normal ringer functions of the Treo. Thus, turn off Funky Ring Tones if you want the regular ringer to work. Use Butler as a reminder (without affecting initial ringer) if need be.

If this is the case, what good is the program for using the Funky ringer which I want to use if it resets my volume to 1 bar each time? I turned off that function just as a test, and have not had an issue with the volume being reset since then.

Any Ideas?
    I don't think I understand the problem here, funky ringer (in phone technician) replaces the normal ringer. As it's a replacement, it stops the normal ringer from playing (by reducing it's volume to 0)

When there was a bug earlier, it sometimes ended up with the funky ringer and the built-in ringer playing at the same time. this was not good!

What are you suggesting I should do?
    Hobbyist Software
    Global Posts
    321 Global Posts
    when the ringer volume is reduced to 0, I don't hear anything, not even the funky ringer. I have to use the volume buttons to turn the volume back up to hear the funky ringer.
    Use Butler and not Phone Technician. Then you get your normal first ring with subsequent reminders. Phone Technician turns the vol to 0 and only gives you the reminders.
    Global Posts
    321 Global Posts
    I guess I am not making myself clear here. What I want to do is be able to use this program with a midi or MP3 file for the ringer (so when someone calls, it uses that file for the ringer) and not have an issue of my volume of that ringer being set to 1 after the call. I don't want to use any of the ringtones from the treo, I want to use my own. I don't want the program to turn the volume to 0 and only give me reminders. I just want it to play a ringtone in place of the treo's internal ringtones. It sounds like the program does not have the capabilty to do this. All it is doing is reducing the internal ringtone volume and playing the file you choose in funky ringer. That would be fine if it reset the volume to what it was before it reduced it, but obviously that is not happening.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast