Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Hello, I got my Technician upgrade - cool. I noticed that the registration doesn't stick (perhaps it is in UNsaved preferences) so when you restore (from a hard reset) or upgrade you need to re-enter the registration code.

Is possible to fix that or is that planned behavior? Thanks, again.
  2.    #42  
    Quote Originally Posted by Beryl
    Hello, I got my Technician upgrade - cool. I noticed that the registration doesn't stick (perhaps it is in UNsaved preferences) so when you restore (from a hard reset) or upgrade you need to re-enter the registration code.

Is possible to fix that or is that planned behavior? Thanks, again.
    It has been planned behaviour - though I've changed my mind (some will say 'at last') and from the next version, the reg code should stick.
    Hobbyist Software
    VLC Remote - Control VLC from your Pre
    Remote - Control iTunes from your Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by confusedvorlon
    from the next version, the reg code should stick.
    YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Treo 680 GSM since July 2007
    Treo 600 GSM from November 2003 through July 2007
    AT&T (formerly Cingular, formerly PacBell PCS) since September 1998
    Quote Originally Posted by confusedvorlon
    Given that phone technician is going to replace the ring for this and future calls - why do you care about the volume of the internal ringer (which will never be heard?)

Forgive me if I'm being dense - I really don't understand the issue.

Phone technician replaces the system ringer. Therefore the volume you see next to the system ringer is irrelevant - isn't it?
    I seem to be having the same issue. I also only use Phone Technician's Funky RInger, set to an MP3. With a call, Phone Technician plays the ring I set. Then it appears to set the ringer volume to 1 (lowest). On the next call, Phone Technician is silent and I miss the call. So, no, the system ringer volume isn't irrelevant because it seems to also control the volume of Funky Ringer. I can use the side volume controls to reset the volume and then Phone Technician will play -- with one call. The next call after that and again Phone Technician is silent.

I don't think this happened when I first purchased Phone Technician, so it could easily be a conflict with another program, but I haven't installed a new program since Phone Technician. I did put a new memory card in the phone, though, and replace the battery.

I'm using version 1.51 on a GSM Treo 600.
    Last edited by Preston; 04/30/2005 at 01:48 AM. Reason: Additional info added
  5. BJB
    I know this is an OLD thread but I am having a similar volume issue apparently with phone technician. The ringer volume goes to 0 or 1 randomly every few weeks.

I use PT with mplayer as the MP3 player and tell it to use "std preference".

Any ideas? I also run butler.

BJB
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123