Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1.    #21  
    Quote Originally Posted by nuflat
    when the ringer volume is reduced to 0, I don't hear anything, not even the funky ringer. I have to use the volume buttons to turn the volume back up to hear the funky ringer.
    Now we're getting somewhere - that's not how it's supposed to work....
    If turning the volume up makes the ring work - then I'm almost 100% sure that funky ringer is not running.

To get phone technician to work - first ignore all normal phone settings - they are not relevant.

Now go into phone technician, select the ringer you want (including volume etc.). This is what you should get every time a call comes in. Test the ringer by pressing the test button.

One thing to remember:
    phone technician and pocket tunes must be in RAM (not on sd card)
    Hobbyist Software
    VLC Remote - Control VLC from your Pre
    Remote - Control iTunes from your Pre
    Ever think about combining Butler and Phone Technician into one program (might reduce the confusion as both have similar but very different effects on the ringer).
  3.    #23  
    Quote Originally Posted by drrjv
    Ever think about combining Butler and Phone Technician into one program (might reduce the confusion as both have similar but very different effects on the ringer).
    I think they're pretty different: Butler alerts you about stuff after it's happened, phone technician replaces the system ringer!

Two other major reasons for keeping them seperate:

1) Butler is now too complex for me to manage well - every change seems to cause knowk on bugs. Adding new functionality became a major issue

2) Lets me generate more cash without having to charge more for people who only want butler or phone technician.

That's it!
    Hobbyist Software
    Global Posts
    321 Global Posts
    Ok now I think we are on the same page. So the Funky Ringer operates independently of the volume controls. So you cannot use the volume buttons on the side of the Treo to control the volume of an incoming call while using the Funky Ringer. If that is the case, is there any way to incorporate the buttons into the program so they can control the volume of the funky ringer vs having to go into the program and change it?

I also think it would be a good idea to combine both programs.
    Global Posts
    328 Global Posts
    Tried to download Butler 2.01 from Palmgear today. I get a zip file that's only 184 KB, with nothing in it.

Any other sources?
    Confused -

This is the first use of Butler as I am a new 600 user. I mainly will use it to block SMS pop-ups. However, I have found that is does not actually keep my SMS pop-up from happening, but only makes it go away after 2 seconds.

I have continued to test between my phone and my wifes, and not matter what main screen my 600 is set to the SMS will pop up and display the message for 2 seconds and then it will disappear.

Was this the intended functionality or should the pop up not appear at all?

Thanks,

Sully
    Quote Originally Posted by indysully
    Confused -

This is the first use of Butler as I am a new 600 user. I mainly will use it to block SMS pop-ups. However, I have found that is does not actually keep my SMS pop-up from happening, but only makes it go away after 2 seconds.

I have continued to test between my phone and my wifes, and not matter what main screen my 600 is set to the SMS will pop up and display the message for 2 seconds and then it will disappear.

Thanks,

Sully
    Behaves the same way for me.
    Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    I finally have Butler working. One question. When I'm inmy daily calendar screen how can I get the vol. buttons to scroll up and down so that I can view my day without using the stylus. Currently if I press the vol buttons it scrollsto the next or previous day. The other concern is when I'm looking at my contact list the Treo 600 and Butler as well will not allow me to scroll up and down, highlight a contact etc. Am I missing something?The navigation button will scroll, but can't highlight a contact.
    I have found that is does not actually keep my SMS pop-up from happening, but only makes it go away after 2 seconds.
    Quote Originally Posted by lb505
    Behaves the same way for me.
    Works fine for me. No SMS popup...just the flashing asterisk in the top left corner.
    Treo 680 GSM since July 2007
    Treo 600 GSM from November 2003 through July 2007
    AT&T (formerly Cingular, formerly PacBell PCS) since September 1998
  10.    #30  
    Quote Originally Posted by nuflat
    I guess I am not making myself clear here. What I want to do is be able to use this program with a midi or MP3 file for the ringer (so when someone calls, it uses that file for the ringer) and not have an issue of my volume of that ringer being set to 1 after the call. I don't want to use any of the ringtones from the treo, I want to use my own. I don't want the program to turn the volume to 0 and only give me reminders. I just want it to play a ringtone in place of the treo's internal ringtones. It sounds like the program does not have the capabilty to do this. All it is doing is reducing the internal ringtone volume and playing the file you choose in funky ringer. That would be fine if it reset the volume to what it was before it reduced it, but obviously that is not happening.
    Given that phone technician is going to replace the ring for this and future calls - why do you care about the volume of the internal ringer (which will never be heard?)

Forgive me if I'm being dense - I really don't understand the issue.

Phone technician replaces the system ringer. Therefore the volume you see next to the system ringer is irrelevant - isn't it?
    Hobbyist Software
    Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gator12
    I finally have Butler working. One question. When I'm inmy daily calendar screen how can I get the vol. buttons to scroll up and down so that I can view my day without using the stylus. Currently if I press the vol buttons it scrollsto the next or previous day. The other concern is when I'm looking at my contact list the Treo 600 and Butler as well will not allow me to scroll up and down, highlight a contact etc. Am I missing something?The navigation button will scroll, but can't highlight a contact.
  12.    #32  
    All butler does is send an up (or down) key - After that, it's really up to the individual app how it handles that.

Not much help for you I'm afraid - I'd try contacting the maker of the app in question.
    Hobbyist Software
    confusedvorlon,

I sent you an email question through palmgear last week but have not received a response. Is there a better method of contact?
  14.    #34  
    Quote Originally Posted by PabloTX
    confusedvorlon,

I sent you an email question through palmgear last week but have not received a response. Is there a better method of contact?
    Palmgear is a good method. I usually respond within a couple of hours. I suspect that for whatever reason, the email didn't reach me - could you re-send, or use PM here.

Thanks
    Hobbyist Software
    Thanks. I'll send a PM
    I sent the PM last Wednesday, but did not receive a response to it either. Should I try another method, just wait a little longer, or post the question here?

Thanks.
  18.    #38  
    Confused -

Thanks,

Sully
    That's more or less the intended functionality - I can't stop the screen from popping up, but close it as aoon as possible. Having said that 2secs is too long - I normally get something more like a quarter of a second
    Hobbyist Software
  19.    #39  
    Quote Originally Posted by PabloTX
    I sent the PM last Wednesday, but did not receive a response to it either. Should I try another method, just wait a little longer, or post the question here?

Thanks.
    Hi Pablo - I did reply, but for some reaason it doesn't seem to have been 'accepted' by the server. My apologies - have now replied again.
    Hobbyist Software
    Thanks for the response!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast