Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. JFW
    JFW is offline
    JFW's Avatar
    Posts
    1 Posts
       #1  
    Why does GoToMyPC not work on a Treo600? And is there any hack to make it work?


    Thanks
  2. #2  
    Bump.

    I've been trying to find an answer as well. Does anyone know??

    Quote Originally Posted by JFW
    Why does GoToMyPC not work on a Treo600? And is there any hack to make it work?


    Thanks
  3. #3  
    Isn't it only for Pocket PC?

    Perhaps you could use either Win-Hand or VNC.
  4. #4  
    I just spoke with a tech guy at GTMPC. He reiterated what is already known: there is no support for Palm OS. Furthermore, he said that they're working on getting Palm support; however, he was told this over 6 months ago.
  5. #5  
    I use PalmVNC. Is that an good enough alternative?
    Browse over to my new forum. http://www.palmfanatic.com

    "The wireless telegraph is not difficult to understand. The ordinary telegraph is like a very long cat. You pull the tail in New York, and it meows in Los Angeles. The wireless is the same, only without the cat. " - Albert Einstein

    Palm IIIxe - Kyocera 7135 - Treo 600 - Treo 650 -> Palm Vx - Tungsten T3 - Treo 700p
  6. #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by illustreous
    I just spoke with a tech guy at GTMPC. He reiterated what is already known: there is no support for Palm OS. Furthermore, he said that they're working on getting Palm support; however, he was told this over 6 months ago.

    That is what the GTMPC told me 6 months ago as well......
  7. #7  
    I don't understand firewalls well enough so maybe someone can explain how this works relative to GTMPC.

    My law firm has about three dozen GTMPC licenses. Of course, I have one of these and use it to connect via my Mac or any remote computer through the web. The beauty is that a desktop client is not necessary (like the days of Citrix, PC Anywhere) - however, a fast internet connection generally is.

    What information/access would I NEED to get PalmVNC to connect to my work PC? With GTMPC I don't need to bug the IT guys (unless they take my license away). If I decide to go the PalmVNC I'd like not to bug them either. They get irritated very quickly.

    Does anyone else here work at a firm such as mine where they need access to work email (via Groupwise), documents (DOCS Open) and billing/time management software (Elite Enterprise)? FWIW, we do not support BB Enterprise server either.

    Quote Originally Posted by BLUES
    I use PalmVNC. Is that an good enough alternative?
  8. LTE
    LTE is offline
    LTE's Avatar
    Posts
    5 Posts
    #8  
    Try Sprint Business Connection. Access to e-mail, calendar, and files on your PC from your Treo. Also enables web access to your mail from any PC browser. To get the latest version submit a request to ooobeta@seven.com Works well across all operator networks including international.
  9. #9  
    I use I'm InTouch, which can be found at http://www.01com.com/. It costs $100 per year which is less than GoToMyPC and it works perfectly with my Treo 600. I used GoToMyPC for the last year but grew frustrated over the fact that they never provide Palm access. I'm InTouch is as easy to use as GoToMyPC and cheaper. I have no relationship with them other than being a customer. You can't do remote control from the palm, although you can from another PC. From the Palm you can do anything Outlook can do and you can upload and download files.
  10. #10  
    It's too bad that we don't use Outlook here. I read up the info on the site. I'm still a little skepical about security. In the meantime I've downloaded the 30-day trial. I'll have to read up some more before I install.

    Thanks for the tip.

    Quote Originally Posted by norcalredfire
    I use I'm InTouch, which can be found at http://www.01com.com/. It costs $100 per year which is less than GoToMyPC and it works perfectly with my Treo 600. I used GoToMyPC for the last year but grew frustrated over the fact that they never provide Palm access. I'm InTouch is as easy to use as GoToMyPC and cheaper. I have no relationship with them other than being a customer. You can't do remote control from the palm, although you can from another PC. From the Palm you can do anything Outlook can do and you can upload and download files.

Posting Permissions