1.    #1  
    My company is wanting to start encrypting email communcation, and right now we trying to figure out if there are email clients for the Treo600 that would support x.509 certificates.

I do see that PGP has a handheld app that bolts onto other email clients (at least thats how i read it)

has anyone used either option? experiences?

thx
    Chris
    VeriTouch will be introducing reprise email (r), a highly-secured encrypted IMAP email client for the Treo600, and we will be needing 50 Beta Testers for the new product.

You may contact me directly at:

gb@veritouch.com

Thank you very much,

Gary E. Brant, CEO
    VeriTouch Ltd.
    New York
    Quote Originally Posted by veritouch
    VeriTouch will be introducing reprise email (r), a highly-secured encrypted IMAP email client for the Treo600, and we will be needing 50 Beta Testers for the new product.

You may contact me directly at:

gb@veritouch.com

Thank you very much,

Gary E. Brant, CEO
    VeriTouch Ltd.
    New York
    Is your encryption scheme public? Does it meet current U.S. standards? Or is it proprietary?
    Shneor
    Pre 3 on T-Mobile, 32gb Touchpad
    Quote Originally Posted by shneor
    Is your encryption scheme public? Does it meet current U.S. standards? Or is it proprietary?
    Why would it be public?

Does Verisign publish its source code? Does RSA? Am I missing something?

There are no "U.S. Standards" for encryption.

The challenge of any cryptographic algorithm is to protect data. We do that in a unique, and yes, proprietary process.

If you want to protect the contents of a message that is transmitted via the Internet, we know of no stronger set of tools in the world.

Gary E. Brant, CEO
    VeriTouch Ltd. - New York
    gb@veritouch.com
    Every X.509 certificate vendor uses publicly available and testable key algorithms like triple DES, AES, etc. No one in the PKI community willl trust proprietary algorithms.
    Shneor
    Pre 3 on T-Mobile, 32gb Touchpad