1.    #1  
    Idk how many ppl saw this cool as hell "How To" but they show how to turn any iPod into an Universal Remote. How cool would it be if We (T|C) turned this into an App or "how to" for the Treo 600.

It would be and idea to be just used with pTunes.. but i have bigger and better plans in my head. What if a program was writen so that each one of the five way buttons, and the numbers on the keypad were used in a Treo friendly Program. And take that a step farther, what if you can press R and your DVR/VCR/Whatever started recording!

The downfall of this is that you would have an ugly attachment on the side or back of your Treo, but to me this is a small price to pay. Another problem I see is that you would have to "tell" the Treo that you are in headphone mode instead of earphone mode. How many Palm users (b.c this would work fine with other palm handhelds with headphone jacks also... just not as well w/o a keyboard) would use this program?

Timmay!!
    Last edited by bigredgpk; 09/11/2004 at 11:30 AM.
    Iím a lucky man to count on both hands
    The ones I love..

Visor Pro -> Visor Edge -> Treo 180 -> Treo 270 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> T|T2+SE T68i -> Treo 600 -> T-Mobile MDA -> Treo 755p -> Treo 800w -> Treo 755p -> PALM PRE -> Palm Pre 2 -> HP Palm Pre 3

Twittering about
  2.    #2  
    btw here is the link to the artical I got the idea from...

http://features.engadget.com/entry/6336778455600767/
    The ones I love..

Visor Pro -> Visor Edge -> Treo 180 -> Treo 270 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> T|T2+SE T68i -> Treo 600 -> T-Mobile MDA -> Treo 755p -> Treo 800w -> Treo 755p -> PALM PRE -> Palm Pre 2 -> HP Palm Pre 3

Twittering about
    Global Posts
    479 Global Posts
    There's already a program called OmniRemote for the palm that allows you to do this, been out for 7 years, I think. A quick google search should find it for ya.
  4.    #4  
    The problem with Omni remote is that the IR on the Treo has a range of two feet. It is a very short and impractial solution. My idea would use a peice of hardware that would connnect to the headphone jack of the treo.

Timmay
    The ones I love..

Twittering about
    I thought someone was coming out with a SD-like card for this to increase the power and range?
    For fun & profit & Christ,
    TWF in Chicago
  6.    #6  
    Yes this is true... but seeing how the Treo's SDIO is not up to snuff i am not banking on this to work on the Treo 600.

Timmay
    The ones I love..

Twittering about
    actually if you are wondering if ther is an attachment for the treo to become a useful remtoem, ther is. Omniremote I believe has an attachment for palm os devices that attach to the cradle port and allow it to become a real learning remote. basically your just adding on a more powerful IR port and it works with their software