1.    #1  
    Hey guys...well this is just such a n00b question but im gonna ask it anyways. Feel free to laugh at me

okay, as i posted before i am getting a new treo

now...when i get it i want to start fresh....with the exception of being able to send my contacts back to my phone.

Now my profile right now is kalladin; and well im gonna have to call my next treo kalladin as well (as i believe butler is profile name dependant)...

So yeah the overall question is;

Given that my new phone will be under the profile of kalladin how i do;
    Sync only the contacts from my old phone (which go to outlook), and not have any of my old apps installed (as i want to make sure i dont send over corrupt files)

i hope this question makes sense...and well i really much appreciate your insight and such

thanks guys!
    Rename your backup folder and sync.
    there should be sticky on this. as far as i know u can choose what you want hotsynced and what you don't in hotysync manager. correct me if i am wrong but this is the similar to what you would do if you format your hard-disk and want to keep original contacts and all the info via a hotsync. in your case, do a DESKTOP OVERWRITES PDA. in the case of a formatted PC, do a PDA overwrites DESKTOP.
    WASHINGTON (Reuters) - A tragic fire on Monday destroyed the personal library of President George W. Bush. Both of his books have been lost. Presidential spokesman Ari Fleischer said the president was devastated, as he had not finished coloring the second one...