1.    #1  
    I know Palm OS doesn't multitask per-se but can I be playing an mp3 in PTunes and use Blazer to browse the web at the same time?
    I'm 95% sure I have done this, but it's slowed down due to both apps running.
  3.    #3  
    Blazer was just an example, basically can I run ANY other app while mp3s are playing? Obviously I haven't bought the Treo yet or I would simply try it.

Thanks!
    yes, you can run pockettunes and do anything else (except make a phone call). If you make a phone call, pockettunes will pause and then pops back up when the phone call is ended.
    A suggestion. Real Player (Free) is less processor hungry than pTunes of AeroPlayer. I suggest using this when you want to do other things on the Treo while playing MP3s in the background. You get better responsiveness.

I frequently use my Treo this way. In fact I do worse than that in terms of over0taxing it. I listen to Shoutcast stations in the background and I surf the web at the same time or check my email. I am both multi-tasking the Treo and using two applications to access the Internet at the same time.

Geeky detail: Your Treo is actually triple or quadruple tasking while doing what I described because the phone is also running and listening for wireless commands and the basic background processes of Palm OS are also running - the clock, alarm event timer etc.
    I've been told by the PocketTunes guys that they're working on making the upcoming version(s) of pTunes less processor intensive. They know it grabs much of the processor now and they're addressing it. So they say. I love the app & await this improvement.
    Any anticipated release date for the next PTunes?
    Hey guys and gals.. newbie here ) Was just wondering how many mp3s you can save on the treo600? And also listen to shoutcast stations with it? How cool is that!!
    I do indeed listen to shoutcast on my PC it's pretty good..

kev69
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by kev69
    Hey guys and gals.. newbie here ) Was just wondering how many mp3s you can save on the treo600? And also listen to shoutcast stations with it? How cool is that!!
    I do indeed listen to shoutcast on my PC it's pretty good..

kev69
    How many mp3s you can save depends on what size expansion card you buy. The built-in memory of the 600 isn't big enough to put more than a few songs on it. So, you put them on the Secure Digital expansion card. They come in various sizes, 32MB up to 1GB as of now. I believe with the Deluxe verion of Pocket Tunes you can listen to Shoutcast.
    Hey Adam thnx. for the quick response. and OK on the size of mem / expansion card. How abt. the game situation for the treo 600 ?? Lots or ??? not so??

Look forward on seeing the response..

kev69
    Hey Adam, Was just looking through and noticed the " game " wasn't really answered, as I don't own a treo as of yet, is there any 1/2 way decent games on the treo? Not that it matters but my buddy owns a blackberrie and he's been playing and talking abt. " brick breaker " is there any like that?? Just a thought .
    kev
    Yes, you can play tunes in the background anf do everything but the phone.

With pTunes you want to use the most basic skin (which is no skin I believe) and no equalizer. Otherwise you get lag on surfing or other functions.

I JOYFULLY read my AvantGo news sites on the bus commute to work while listening to 1 gig card's worth of tunes.
  13.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by kev69
    Hey Adam, Was just looking through and noticed the " game " wasn't really answered, as I don't own a treo as of yet, is there any 1/2 way decent games on the treo? Not that it matters but my buddy owns a blackberrie and he's been playing and talking abt. " brick breaker " is there any like that?? Just a thought .
    kev
    There's thousands of applications available, some free and some you pay for. Check out www.palmgear.com, that has tons of downloads on it. So does this website ub "treo Store". There are a number of other websites that have tons of Palm apps as well. Other people on this board might know better.