Page 1 of 7 123456 ... LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I think it's what I've been waiting for. I use Trillian on the PC. It looks like the Palm version is now here.

Includes support for SameTime? suh-weet. No, I don't care for it personally, but it is my company's standard.

What's the price point?
    Last edited by shopharim; 09/10/2004 at 07:58 AM. Reason: Title too long
    I have sent you a PM about SameTime.

Thanks

-- Causerie Team
    What is causerie???
    Quote Originally Posted by mblank
    What is causerie???
    Competition for chatter (from the IM perspective)..check the TC home page.
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    Looks great! I can honestly say that I would LOVE to have it myself.

Marc
    Looks pretty cool if you IM on your phone, which I dont. But what the hell is the name supposed to mean?
    “There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.”
    — Ed Howdershelt
    "A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have."- Thomas Jefferson
    French for "talk"

This is one of the questions, lot of people ask us and we recommend them to ask one of our bots 'dictionary' to get the meaning. Causerie, according to Webster means
    "an informal conversation".

-- Mike
    now that of course makes sense. I'll have to use it on conversation today.
    “There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.”
    — Ed Howdershelt
    "A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have."- Thomas Jefferson
    Global Posts
    192 Global Posts
    Can we beta test?
    Quote Originally Posted by AirData
    Can we beta test?
    That would be great

When you log into Causerie, will it show (at least for AIM) that you are mobile?

Hello AirData and Scottymomo,

I just sent you a PM about the beta testing.

We restricted the beta testers to 50 and already, there are lot more than that trying. There will be a public beta release soon but if you would like to beta it before that, please email us at support@mantragroup.com.

Thanks.

-- Mike
    Okay, I have/had a chance to beta test Causerie. I must say it has me hooked. Before I did not IM a lot, now it is every day while I am on the go (at work, out shopping with the wife and she does take a long time to buy nothing!) to keep me entertain. I also look up my worthless stock with Causerie as well as the latest news. What I like the most about Causerie is it ability to give me most of the infomation that I have to go to multiple website are now in my hand. Like FedEx tracking, this came in handy when I order a new laptop battery from Canada last week when I was on a biz trip. Don’t forget it has a Treocentral IMbot that pulls up their news article (they just need to post new article more often).

One more thing it has a history book. You can go look back at the history of a IMBot or IMchat (AOL, Yahoo, etc.) for your reference, and you can copy also. This my become a big need for some of you.

Delric
    Yep, got included in the beta testing this afternoon and like it a lot, despite a few things that weren't working for me, primarily my AIM buddy list not coming in where Yahoo and MSN came in fine...we'll be providing feedback to them because it looks like a real good start and I live on IM all day

Does the SameTime client in Causerie have some sort of client that you load on your PC at work to proxy the IM conversation via HTTPS (sorta like the BC client from Sprint / Seven), or do you have to have internet / VPN access set up to your SameTime server in order to use it? I'd certainly be interested in beta testing (and probably purchasing) if I could access our corporate SameTime server from the road...
    I don't suppose anyone knows if Causerie supports .mac names on the AIM network. AOL's own Palm programs don't, but the Vision web AIM does.
    Quote Originally Posted by rch33k
    Does the SameTime client in Causerie have some sort of client that you load on your PC at work to proxy the IM conversation via HTTPS (sorta like the BC client from Sprint / Seven), or do you have to have internet / VPN access set up to your SameTime server in order to use it? I'd certainly be interested in beta testing (and probably purchasing) if I could access our corporate SameTime server from the road...
    Hello rch33k,

SameTime can be accessed in 2 flavors. We host Causerie Messaging Server in your company's domain if there are many users or your server name has to be specified during your account setup and Mantra's server will establish the proxy for you. For security and customized bots, we recommend route1. Security is not possible with route2.

Please send us an email to support at mantragroup.com and sales guy would get back to you on Monday with data sheets etc.

Thanks.

-- Mike
    Quote Originally Posted by snahabed
    I don't suppose anyone knows if Causerie supports .mac names on the AIM network. AOL's own Palm programs don't, but the Vision web AIM does.
    Hello,

Causerie can be tweaked to support MAC AIM also. However, we do need some information and some beta testers in this front.

Please send us an email to support at mantragroup.com. Thanks.

-- Mike
    Overall very impressed with the application. I have tried several others, but your functionality is impressive.

Is there a way to get information on your support for Sametime?
    my big questions are:

1) how is Causerie on battery life? I like Chatter but it drains my battery.
    2) how much $ - is this a one-time or yearly fee
Page 1 of 7 123456 ... LastLast