Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Anyone tried the Sametime integration? Does it work? Any details?
    can you add the ability to rename buddies to the name of your choice? (for example, so that JBD343134 can be renamed to John)
    Quote Originally Posted by doubleu
    can you add the ability to rename buddies to the name of your choice? (for example, so that JBD343134 can be renamed to John)
    not right now but they said it will be coming... my favorite feature of Trillian on my PC
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    ugh, i should read their forum first (http://www.mantragroup.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=7)

thx scotty
    Global Posts
    32 Global Posts
    In AIM buddy list. How about to look at buddy's away mesasge and profile? I not have to send the message and read away message.
    Quote Originally Posted by esoffron
    Anyone tried the Sametime integration? Does it work? Any details?
    Greetings esoffron! Let me know if you would like to try SameTime on Causerie. Please send us an email to support@mantragroup.com about SameTime, I will send you some information about the app and what we need (IP Addresses etc).

Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by doubleu
    We are planning to directly import your desktop nick names. This should really help as we don't have to create nick names again on PDAs. HTH. Let me know if you have any questions.
    How are you going to import my desktop nicknames from my Linux box running GAIM? or my MAC box running ___ ?

Please do not tie people to a single proprietary OS to let them change the buddy aliases! Much better to allow it to be customizable in the application.

P.S. There should be a way to go from the pop-up chat box directly to the chat inside causerie

P.P.S. What is the text input limit in the pop-up box? It seems too small.
    Yahoo and MSN store the nicks on the server and should be visible/configurable from any computer independent of OS. For rest of the IMs, we will provide an ability to change nicks.

Popup Box can be clicked. This should take you to the Chat directly.

pop-up box dynamically adjusts the size. It can show 3 -4 lines maximum with links, numbers etc in it.

Let me know if you have any questions.
    There is an AIM addon program called DeadAIM (http://www.jdennis.net/) which allows you to create aliases for each user, logs IM exchanges, etc.

Any chance you could import those aliases for the screen name conversions?
    Wiscer, I am not sure if this would be possible.

DeadAIM is a different program (I am not sure if they give out API to access the nicks) and integrating it with AIM on the handheld would delay the connection process.

Thanks.
    There is an option for you to save your alias' in a backup file within the DeadAim program. Possibly Causerie could read this file? The backup file is plain text, two columns, first column is AIM id, then a tab delimiter, then second column is the alias. You could at minimum have an option to import the aliases as a setup option.
    Quote Originally Posted by causerie
    Yahoo and MSN store the nicks on the server and should be visible/configurable from any computer independent of OS. For rest of the IMs, we will provide an ability to change nicks.
    Yea! Thanks.

Popup Box can be clicked. This should take you to the Chat directly.
    I don't understand.. or maybe didn't explain well. When I get a popup chat, I can talk to the other person in the popup. Is there a way to go directly from there to the main Causerie application, without deleting the popup and manually opening the Causerie application?

pop-up box dynamically adjusts the size. It can show 3 -4 lines maximum with links, numbers etc in it.
    When I said the test input area was too small, I meant I could not enter enough text in before it stops accepting it. If I try to type in a very long sentence (or maybe several sentences) the app will eventually stop accepting characters.

Let me know if you have any questions.
    Who me? I never ask questions
    Last edited by causerie; 10/01/2004 at 03:55 PM.
    I dont know if it was mentioned, but is there/ will there be a way to log in under invisible mode?

MI
    Mict, we might add this option in future for Yahoo and MSN not in 1.5. We are planning to work on voice next.

-- Mike
    Jaytee,

You will see all of these fixed in 1.5 which should be out soon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wiscer
    There is an AIM addon program called DeadAIM (http://www.jdennis.net/) which allows you to create aliases for each user, logs IM exchanges, etc.

Any chance you could import those aliases for the screen name conversions?
    We have added nicks in 1.5. I am not sure about DeadAIM compatibility.
    I think I've got the settings right but I can't get the app to make noise to indicate I've got a new message when it's in backround mode or the screen is turned off. This is key! Thanks

PS anyone know what happens if you're running causerie and chatterEMAIL in the backround at the same time. Since both are "always-on" do they conflict somehow?
    Last edited by Conqueror; 10/03/2004 at 07:29 AM.
    Two things about this app confuse me.

First is that while it does keep me logged in when the screen is off it does not do any sort of notifications.

Also when I run it in background mode, I can't restart the main app without it needing to re-login to my accounts. I loose any open chats and the like. It does let me chat via the background mode screen, but if I switch to Causerie I get "working" then re-logging in.

Any idea how much bandwidth it eats just keeping me logged in?
    Quote Originally Posted by Conqueror
    I think I've got the settings right but I can't get the app to make noise to indicate I've got a new message when it's in backround mode or the screen is turned off. This is key! Thanks

PS anyone know what happens if you're running causerie and chatterEMAIL in the backround at the same time. Since both are "always-on" do they conflict somehow?
    Conqueror - You have to choose a sound in Alert preferences and enable sounds in Misc Preferences.

ChatterEmail and Causerie has no known problems in the background.
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast