Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    I'm beta testing this product as well. Basing comparison with Verichat. I have noticed that when I do log on that it does not update my online buddies. It comes up empty. I know I have buddies that are online because if I switch over to my PC then I see them. I would hate to have to add them on Causerie, then it just creates another extra group on my PC AIM.

Another feature I do like on Verichat that Causerie does not support is file transfers.
    Quote Originally Posted by aznmode
    I'm beta testing this product as well. Basing comparison with Verichat. I have noticed that when I do log on that it does not update my online buddies. It comes up empty. I know I have buddies that are online because if I switch over to my PC then I see them. I would hate to have to add them on Causerie, then it just creates another extra group on my PC AIM.

Another feature I do like on Verichat that Causerie does not support is file transfers.
    Aznmode, What is your device - id? I don't see you anywhere in the logs Please email me. About AIM Problem, we had this problem but we fixed it right away. We have users who can download HUGE list.

There are many features like multiple Accounts login, IRC, Jabber, font support, HTML editor, skins, archiving, mail notifications, and mainly bots which our competitor(s) doesn't currently provide. We are working on conferencing and file transfer and should be there soon in release 2 which is due in Oct 2nd week.

Thanks.

Mike
    Thanks Mike for the help earlier. I'm now able to see all my online buddies. I was testing all buddy list functions and I just wanted to point out the Call feature is AWESOME! It will search your phone dir to match the full SN and eliminate letters one by one till it is down to several letters that matches the dir. If none matches, which is usually the case since AIM user do not normally use their real names when choosing a SN, you are still able to manually assign the right name. If there are multiple numbers ie. work, mobile, home etc. then those are picked up as well and categorized. Very neat feature.

I do just want to point out that the email function crashes my Treo. This was the only thing I wasn't able to test =( out of the buddy features.

Another great feature I like is that it keeps me logged on to Yahoo. Unlike Verichat which logs me off as soon as I leave the program. It will also notify me once I receive new Yahoo mail. Pretty cool!

I haven't played around with the BOTS options too much yet since my main concern with this program is its chat feature. (which I will be doing after I'm done with this post)

Overall I am very pleased and impressed with this product. Other features I would like to see in the future:

1. Sound and vibrate alert while ON or while running in the backround.
    2. Being able to tell whether a buddy is on a PC or a phone.
    3. Ability to eliminate or resize the fonts or the gaps between each buddies.
    4. File transfer

Now I just hope when Mike do decide on pricing that it's within reason =)

Another great feature I like is that it keeps me logged on to Yahoo. Unlike Verichat which logs me off as soon as I leave the program. It will also notify me once I receive new Yahoo mail. Pretty cool!

Don't know about this. VeriChat keeps me "always-on" on Yahoo just fine. You probably have a misconfigured VeriChat.
    There's only 1 setting for always-on on Verichat. Unless I'm missing something. I have the current version. Everytime I leave Verichat and then go back to the program, only my AIM is logged on and my Yahoo icon becomes grayed out. I also added my SN for AIM and Yahoo so I know if I am on or not. What are your exact settings?
    There's only 1 setting for always-on on Verichat. Unless I'm missing something. I have the current version. Everytime I leave Verichat and then go back to the program, only my AIM is logged on and my Yahoo icon becomes grayed out. I also added my SN for AIM and Yahoo so I know if I am on or not. What are your exact settings?
    Do you have Yahoo set to sign in automatically?
    Quote Originally Posted by webslappy
    my big questions are:

1) how is Causerie on battery life? I like Chatter but it drains my battery.
    2) how much $ - is this a one-time or yearly fee
    Ditto. The Chatter Battery life issue is killing me. And it doesn't look like it'll ever get fixed. I'm also curious about the price/fee structure.
    Quote Originally Posted by HailRedskins
    Ditto. The Chatter Battery life issue is killing me. And it doesn't look like it'll ever get fixed. I'm also curious about the price/fee structure.
    What network are you on? Sprint or Verizon? these are both more aggresive at maintaining network connections than other GSM networks, it seems. You may have similar problems with Causerie, as it is checking back with the server at pre-defined intervals (starting at 5 sec) to look for incoming messages. While they back off to a final value of 10 minutes, it will still fire up and check periodically.

I don't know how that will compare to battery usage by Chatter. (By the way, Marc is not currently starting IM accounts anyway, so, for now, it is truely ChatterEmail.)
    Quote Originally Posted by jaytee
    What network are you on? Sprint or Verizon? these are both more aggresive at maintaining network connections than other GSM networks, it seems. You may have similar problems with Causerie, as it is checking back with the server at pre-defined intervals (starting at 5 sec) to look for incoming messages. While they back off to a final value of 10 minutes, it will still fire up and check periodically.

I don't know how that will compare to battery usage by Chatter. (By the way, Marc is not currently starting IM accounts anyway, so, for now, it is truely ChatterEmail.)
    Tmobile using the unlocked GSM Treo 600
    I just got my Causerie beta so I'll let you know how it is w\ battery life.
  11.    #51  
    MantraGroup is conducting an informal survey on the beta testers' forum of what the price point should be. Looks like it's going to be an annual subscription, though.
    HailRedskins - FWIW, I have NO problems at all with TMO and Chatter, using both IM and Email heavily. Strange...

Marc
    Same here... TMO and Chatter. How do you have your notifications setup and how many emails / IM's do you get per day?
    Wow Marc, that's impressive. I'm using Chatter and Causerie with VZW and my battery got wrecked today when I was using both of these apps. In about 3 hours time I lost almost 40% of my battery. IM usage was moderate/light. Email usage was also moderate/light. Perhaps I should ask you folks what your settings are?

Mine were as follows:
    Chatter - Online, background notifications off, 2 Qsyncs in 3 hours, about 5 emails sent and 7 received.
    Causerie - 1 Yahoo IM session for 15 min., 1 AOL chat session for 10 min. Bot connection for about 5-7 min. Causerie on in background for 3 hours as well.

Prior to running this "3 hour test" I made a couple of voice calls - 3 minutes each. My battery was at 95% before I began the session. It was at 49% when I ended. Withing the 3 hours, there was probably constant heavy use for 30 min.

Quote Originally Posted by mblank
    HailRedskins - FWIW, I have NO problems at all with TMO and Chatter, using both IM and Email heavily. Strange...

Marc
    My battery lasts with ChatterEmail running all day from 6:40 am to 7 p.m. Maybe 30 minutes of phone calls, extensive use of PIM throughout the day...and laterly quite a bit of warfare incoporporated. Plus, SnapperMail set to q15 min
    La Vie En Diaspora: Enfin, une émission qui raconte votre vie aux Etats-Unis

Treo 600 in December '03, Treo 650 in February '05, HTC TyTN Pro in August '06, and back to Treo 750 in January '07, find me at MyTreo.net

About me: story of the 100thMonkey
    Quote Originally Posted by illustreous
    Wow Marc, that's impressive. I'm using Chatter and Causerie with VZW and my battery got wrecked today when I was using both of these apps. In about 3 hours time I lost almost 40% of my battery. IM usage was moderate/light. Email usage was also moderate/light. Perhaps I should ask you folks what your settings are?

Mine were as follows:
    Chatter - Online, background notifications off, 2 Qsyncs in 3 hours, about 5 emails sent and 7 received.
    Causerie - 1 Yahoo IM session for 15 min., 1 AOL chat session for 10 min. Bot connection for about 5-7 min. Causerie on in background for 3 hours as well.

Prior to running this "3 hour test" I made a couple of voice calls - 3 minutes each. My battery was at 95% before I began the session. It was at 49% when I ended. Withing the 3 hours, there was probably constant heavy use for 30 min.
    Verizon is known to be bad for hanging onto the network connection. Causerie will start checking the server at 5 second intervals and back off to 1 minute (maybe 5 minute?) intervals. You can set this via a preference on causerie. I wouldn't be suprised if that didn't contribute to your battery drain.

You might try first Chatter, then Causerie, then both.. for a better test.

My battery also last all day with several phone calls, ChatterEmail, Snapper checking frequently (manual), and either ChatterIM, Causerie, or Chatopus... (and sometimes a few program upgrades along the way)
    Quote Originally Posted by jaytee
    Verizon is known to be bad for hanging onto the network connection. Causerie will start checking the server at 5 second intervals and back off to 1 minute (maybe 5 minute?) intervals. You can set this via a preference on causerie. I wouldn't be suprised if that didn't contribute to your battery drain.

You might try first Chatter, then Causerie, then both.. for a better test.

My battery also last all day with several phone calls, ChatterEmail, Snapper checking frequently (manual), and either ChatterIM, Causerie, or Chatopus... (and sometimes a few program upgrades along the way)
    SMS feature as an option is being added to eliminate battery drain. Causerie should come for more than a day. The auto mode starts with 5 secs and then 30 sec and then stabilizes at 1 min intervals. Timer is reset to 5 secs if you there is a message transfer.

There will be a new release with the best battery life correcting the bug in the auto mode. It would be available over the air tomorrow for download.

Thanks.

-- Mike
  18.    #58  
    How will the SMS feature function? Do I use the Treo's (in my case) built In SMS application instead of the Causerie front-end?
    shopharim, Causerie Messaging Server would push you a SMS if there is a new message but you would still be able to use the UI.

-- Mike
    Quote Originally Posted by causerie

...snip

There will be a new release with the best battery life correcting the bug in the auto mode. It would be available over the air tomorrow for download.

Thanks.

-- Mike
    I'm ready
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast