Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Does causerie use SMS or just straight data? This way I can message while I am on the phone. Everything else looks great, but this feature would be so useful.

Derek
    Quote Originally Posted by webslappy
    my big questions are:

1) how is Causerie on battery life? I like Chatter but it drains my battery.
    2) how much $ - is this a one-time or yearly fee
    Hello Webslappy,

We are making Causerie work with SMS as an option. The feature is not currently present but we would have it by our release date.

Causerie is a subscription based product and there are 3 different versions (Lite, Standard and Express). We also provide discounts for more than 1 yr licenses. There MAY be a one time fee too as an option..

Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by computerfixitguy
    Does causerie use SMS or just straight data? This way I can message while I am on the phone. Everything else looks great, but this feature would be so useful.

Derek
    Derek,

Causerie will use SMS or data as an option.

We are also coming with alerts soon to be tied up with Causerie like new email alert, SSO (yes, SSO - Simple Sign On), SMS chat etc. This will be push vis-a-vis pull in Bots. It should be present in release 2.0 and we are working towards it.
    Global Posts
    419 Global Posts
    I'm sorry, but what doe this app do that VeriChat doesn't ? I see lots of comparrison to Chatter, but it seems more like a VeriChat competetitor to me.
    Ok, this maybe a dumb question, but can any of the chat or IM applications help
    solve the problem I have with limited data for SMS. In other words, SMS through
    Tmobile is limited up to a certain amount of data I can recieve....I think it is between
    140 characters to 160 characters.

Would this application help sovle this problem?

Thanks,

Rbatsun - out
    Quote Originally Posted by KKenna
    I'm sorry, but what doe this app do that VeriChat doesn't ? I see lots of comparrison to Chatter, but it seems more like a VeriChat competetitor to me.
    It's a competitor to both, and other IM products that allow connectivity to multiple IM services. I think the IMbot feature is a differentiator for sure as well as IRC and Jabber support with respect to Verichat. I'm sure there may be others as well but have not tried Verichat myself.

I made the reference to competition with Chatter since Marc, the developer of chatter, asked what Causerie was early on in the thread
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    scottymomo - I would very much like to stop using Chatter for IM myself, and I am hoping that Causerie (terrible, terrible name) will fit the bill. In that sense, I don't consider Chatter a competitor; I'm hoping it's more of a replacement...

Marc
    Quote Originally Posted by mblank
    scottymomo - I would very much like to stop using Chatter for IM myself, and I am hoping that Causerie (terrible, terrible name) will fit the bill. In that sense, I don't consider Chatter a competitor; I'm hoping it's more of a replacement...

Marc
    If it does fit the bill, do you think you will stop development on the IM side of chatter (knowing the email portion of chatter is at the forefront these days)?
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    I really haven't worked on the IM side of Chatter since February. I'd prefer to offer my users a good alternative to Chatter's IM to continuing to work on IM myself.

Marc
    I hope this is not the beginning of the end of IM Chatter. Been a Chatterer since the T300 and it's perfect for IM. I can't see pay a yearly subscription for a IM app when Chatter does it so well. NO KNOCK ON Causerie. I'm sure it's a great app and will only get better with time but the pay one-time subscription is the selling point for me.
    New buyers of Chatter don't get the IM features.
    Quote Originally Posted by Predator-1
    I hope this is not the beginning of the end of IM Chatter. Been a Chatterer since the T300 and it's perfect for IM. I can't see pay a yearly subscription for a IM app when Chatter does it so well. NO KNOCK ON Causerie. I'm sure it's a great app and will only get better with time but the pay one-time subscription is the selling point for me.
    Hello Predator,

We are contemplating with one time fee and subscription based product.

Frankly, users will end up paying more for updates than subscription based products if you want the latest features like alerts etc.

Something to think about.

-- Mike
    This, of course, depends on the frequency and depth of updates.

Quote Originally Posted by causerie
    Hello Predator,

We are contemplating with one time fee and subscription based product.

Frankly, users will end up paying more for updates than subscription based products if you want the latest features like alerts etc.

Something to think about.

-- Mike
    I tried causerie and it looks great and am pretty sure it would serve as a good alternative for chatter. The best part about the app is the bots concept which give the ability to get information from multiple places to a single point access (like stocks, dictionary, weather etc). the UI is also cool. way to go causerie.

-- Socrates
    I'm hoping to try Causerie but nobody has got back to me yet.
    You know, maybe not, but how about a name that is not French? I really do not wish to say this, but I am not a fan of anything French. Not even french fries. Nope, not at all. How about something like, "Wanna Babble?" or something original that is non-french.

Ben
    Quote Originally Posted by bclinger
    You know, maybe not, but how about a name that is not French? I really do not wish to say this, but I am not a fan of anything French. Not even french fries. Nope, not at all. How about something like, "Wanna Babble?" or something original that is non-french.

Ben
    Bad experience with a French girlfriend?
    "Oooh oooh aaah aaah! Slap!" - MAdMoNKEY
    Quote Originally Posted by bclinger
    Ben
    Nice to see some very open minds here on the board. Any other languages/countries you're not a "fan" of? Might help to keep that in mind when us developers are naming our apps.
    Quote Originally Posted by silverado
    Nice to see some very open minds here on the board. Any other languages/countries you're not a "fan" of? Might help to keep that in mind when us developers are naming our apps.
    I don't particularly like Esperanto.
    "Oooh oooh aaah aaah! Slap!" - MAdMoNKEY
    Quote Originally Posted by MAdMoNKEY
    I don't particularly like Esperanto.
    LOL... Thanks for letting me know
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast