Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Sick of accidentally tapping the Welcome or Tutorial app on your device? Don't use the SMS application? Agendus so much better than Calendar? Why should unused applications clutter up your Treo launcher then?

Try Obfuscate! It's free, but donations gladly accepted! :-)

Cheers,
    Gavin.
    Quote Originally Posted by pocketscience
    Sick of accidentally tapping the Welcome or Tutorial app on your device? ...
    Any file manager like Filez or SuperUtility will hide application icons. Even ZLauncher does this by tap and holding the icon, select info from the dropdown box, and checking hide.
    Browse over to my new forum. http://www.palmfanatic.com

"The wireless telegraph is not difficult to understand. The ordinary telegraph is like a very long cat. You pull the tail in New York, and it meows in Los Angeles. The wireless is the same, only without the cat. " - Albert Einstein

Palm IIIxe - Kyocera 7135 - Treo 600 - Treo 650 -> Palm Vx - Tungsten T3 - Treo 700p
  3.    #3  
    Sorry - you missed the point - this app is for apps in ROM - not apps you have installed. Filez etc CANNOT hide ROM apps. That's where Obfuscate comes in.

Cheers,
    Sick of accidentally tapping the Welcome or Tutorial app on your device? Don't use the SMS application? Agendus so much better than Calendar? Why should unused applications clutter up your Treo launcher then?

Cheers,
    Gavin.
    Nice... but doesn't hide "Documents" (not shown on menu)...
  5.    #5  
    Is Documents in the ROM? It's not on my Treo (Australian model). Obfuscate will only display ROM-based applications.

Cheers,
    Gavin.
    Quote Originally Posted by stuartr
    Nice... but doesn't hide "Documents" (not shown on menu)...
    Tell us about your ..."documents."

Obfuscate rocks! Also: it has a cool name.
    Quote Originally Posted by snerdy
    Tell us about your ..."documents."

Obfuscate rocks! Also: it has a cool name.
    "Documents" is the title of the Icon that refers to "Documents to Go". I believe it is in ROM. Early on, we found a way to hide it by creating another file with the same name in RAM. If you remove that, you'll see the "Documents" Icon.
    No, Documents is not in ROM. It is not really an app although it shows up in app launcher. It gets installed when you run the software CD. It is a helper app to view Word and Exel documents attached to email. If you don't want to see the icon, you can delete the app or use FileZ to hide it. Clear? I haven't tried Obfuscate yet to see if it can hide the icon.
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
    Cool app. Muchos gracias amigo. It would be funny if you could obfuscate 'Obfuscate.'
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by ChemEngr
    Cool app. Muchos gracias amigo. It would be funny if you could obfuscate 'Obfuscate.'
    Filez hides it nicely.

Cheers,
    Gavin.
    Thanks for the heads up Gavin! Btw, the application also allow hiding of other apps besides those in Rom similar to the funtionatlity of Invisible? That would be very cool is possible...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    How does this app compare to invisible (V1.4) (other then price)? Anyone try both yet?
  13.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by gfunkmagic
    Thanks for the heads up Gavin! Btw, the application also allow hiding of other apps besides those in Rom similar to the funtionatlity of Invisible? That would be very cool is possible...
    I could easily make it hide any app - but the real target was ROM apps that you never use, like Welcome, Tutorial etc... To be honest I've never had a loaded app that I wanted to hide - I just delete em! :-)

Cheers,
    I could easily make it hide any app - but the real target was ROM apps that you never use, like Welcome, Tutorial etc... To be honest I've never had a loaded app that I wanted to hide - I just delete em! :-)

Cheers,

Well, one senario I could imagine is when you give you handheld to another person but don't want them to see or fiddle around with certain apps you may have installed. Hiding them in the launcher would be a very nice way of preventing that!
    Last edited by Gaurav; 09/14/2004 at 06:04 PM.

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
  15.    #15  
    I use AppLock for that purpose... but maybe I'll add that when I get a spare 10 minutes... :-)

Cheers,
    I don't like my app launcher clutered. So I hide stuff like "web" "treoAlerMgr" TreoButler and such. I have a shortcut for them anyway and once set, I don't access them much. also, I can Launch app via Invisible too.

What does Obfuscate do after a softreset, are the ROM apps still hidden?

Thanks, and Great Name!!
    I still use launcher X, and have for years. You can place all the apps you don't want to see, including ROM, into a new folder. Then you can hide and unhide the folder incase you need to use an app. No need for additional software.
    Back when I had my 7135, I removed all my unwanted ROM apps (program and all) with JackSprat and JackFlash.

But I can still hide my ROM apps with ZLauncher on the Treo.
    Hey, I wonder if JackSprat and JackFlash will eventually support the Treo.
    Browse over to my new forum. http://www.palmfanatic.com

"The wireless telegraph is not difficult to understand. The ordinary telegraph is like a very long cat. You pull the tail in New York, and it meows in Los Angeles. The wireless is the same, only without the cat. " - Albert Einstein

Palm IIIxe - Kyocera 7135 - Treo 600 - Treo 650 -> Palm Vx - Tungsten T3 - Treo 700p
  19.    #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by Burkhardi
    I don't like my app launcher clutered. So I hide stuff like "web" "treoAlerMgr" TreoButler and such. I have a shortcut for them anyway and once set, I don't access them much. also, I can Launch app via Invisible too.

What does Obfuscate do after a softreset, are the ROM apps still hidden?

Thanks, and Great Name!!
    Correct after a soft-reset the hidden apps are still hidden.

Cheers,
    Global Posts
    33 Global Posts
    How does one unhide apps hidden with ZLauncher? Seems like the app completely disappears! On a side note, anyone have a problem where Missing Sync absolutely WILL NOT show up in ZLauncher? Can't seem to figure that one out. All help appreciated! Thanks!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast