Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    ok. so for those of us with limited memory on the 650, does obfuscate actually delete the apps and thus free up some memory or just hide them from being able to see them?

Thanks!
    Using Launcher-X or ZLauncher, I just move all the apps I don't use to a separate tab, and then hide the tab. But if you use the default Palm launcher, this app would do the trick nicely.
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
    Global Posts
    684 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RawData
    ok. so for those of us with limited memory on the 650, does obfuscate actually delete the apps and thus free up some memory or just hide them from being able to see them?

Thanks!
    You're confusing ROM with RAM.
    How do you hide things with Filez????
    Quote Originally Posted by aldamon
    You're confusing ROM with RAM.
    d'oh!!

Must get sleep... spending too much time in the evenings setting up my new treo...
  6.    #26  
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael355
    How do you hide things with Filez????
    You could easily use FileZ to get the same affect as Obfuscate... simply create a new database with the same name, creator and type as the one you want to hide - and make sure the hidden bit is set (not sure if FileZ can do this last piece, but lots of other file apps can).

But why would you? Obfuscate is free... :-)

Cheers,
    Gavin (author of Obfuscate)
    Quote Originally Posted by SoCal Cal
    How does one unhide apps hidden with ZLauncher? Seems like the app completely disappears! On a side note, anyone have a problem where Missing Sync absolutely WILL NOT show up in ZLauncher? Can't seem to figure that one out. All help appreciated! Thanks!
    Under Preferences, there's an option to show hidden items. I assume this would make them visible again.
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
    Quote Originally Posted by pocketscience
    Sick of accidentally tapping the Welcome or Tutorial app on your device? Don't use the SMS application? Agendus so much better than Calendar? Why should unused applications clutter up your Treo launcher then?

Try Obfuscate! It's free, but donations gladly accepted! :-)

Cheers,
    Gavin.
    I want to get this clear, this will wipe out my versamail, quick tour, cingular xpress mail, off my treo and make more available space?

I don't care what shows and doesn't show.
    Obfuscate, nice program, too bad it can't hide 3rd party apps, or apps on the card too.
    I've been using this program for a while now, and although it's a great concept I would say 80% of my reset loops have been caused by obfuscate. Anyone else having this problem. ( i have redownloaded and reinstallled including hard reset many times) still crashes weekly.
  11.    #31  
    You have a PM Michael.
    Could Anyone point me to a download location for these 2, please? As the creator has closed shop. My TT3 is so hurt for space.
  13.    #33  
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob_Bee View Post
    Could Anyone point me to a download location for these 2, please? As the creator has closed shop. My TT3 is so hurt for space.
    Have I?

http://www.pocketscience.com.au/products.asp

G.
    Gavin!!

Your last post was nearly 3 years ago, so maybe your business wasn't dead, but it was doing a fine imitation of a corpse.

Sure wish you'd update ClipPro to be compatible with current devices. I sure liked it on my 650 but it causes resets on my 680. Now that would prove you're still in business. ;-)
  15.    #35  
    Quote Originally Posted by PatrickS View Post
    Gavin!!

Your last post was nearly 3 years ago, so maybe your business wasn't dead, but it was doing a fine imitation of a corpse.

Sure wish you'd update ClipPro to be compatible with current devices. I sure liked it on my 650 but it causes resets on my 680. Now that would prove you're still in business. ;-)
    I didn't realise that posting on forums was proof of life... :-)

To be honest shareware was never the core business... over time it makes sense to focus time and energy on the areas that actually put food on plates and pay mortgages... shareware ain't it unfortunately.

Clip PRO is one I really should try and find some time for though...

Cheers,
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12