Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I just got an email saying Keysuite has been updated so its databases can now be searched by the Treo for caller id, sms, call log, etc. I haven't tried it yet but thought others may be interested in this news.
    "Oooh oooh aaah aaah! Slap!" - MAdMoNKEY
  2.    #2  
    Ok, just tried it, it rocks! Favorites, SMS, even snappermail now search the keysuite database. There is no longer a need to synchronize outlook to both the keysuite databases and the palm-default databases.
    Global Posts
    411 Global Posts
    The "old" 3.1 version integrated with Snapper Mail and the internal mail program too (for e-mail addresses).

Donít get me wrong, this new update is definitely a step in the right direction. I still have a few complaints: 1)You can't initiate an SMS from Key Contacts as you can from the built-in Contacts; 2) It would be great if you could highlight the e-mail address from Key Contacts, press the center button and have it open the default e-mail program with the address already entered in the "to" field; 3) Key Today needs to be more customizable (like the ability to change the background to a picture) and should be one of the views from the Calendar app (like it is on the updated Palms). It also needs to have an e-mail component to it like Beyond Contactís Today screen has. Also, it drives me crazy that Key Today doesnít show the location of any meeting (it just shows the time and the subject).
    Jeff
  4.    #4  
    All good points. The features of Keysuite 3.1 pretty much satisfied all my usage requirements, so any updates after that are like gravy to me But I like your suggestions about the Today screen, I have to agree that would be a nice feature to have (especially the wallpaper).

The thing I like about the 3.2 update is that I no longer have to worry about double-syncing my contacts to the Keysuite database and the Palm database--I save a little bit of space, plus I don't have to sync twice to get my contact changes into the builtin addressbook.
    Global Posts
    411 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MAdMoNKEY
    The thing I like about the 3.2 update is that I no longer have to worry about double-syncing my contacts to the Keysuite database and the Palm database--I save a little bit of space, plus I don't have to sync twice to get my contact changes into the builtin addressbook.
    I totally agree with you on this. I changed my contacts sync back to "do nothing" as default. It is nice that one sync will do it all.

I hope Chapura reads these boards. I think it would be great if they incorporated my suggestions (and any others that people come up with) in the next point upgrade.
    Jeff
  6.    #6  
    In case they are watching, I'd love it if Keysuite could transfer email distribution lists created in Outlook. It would be great to be able to write an email to one of these lists, rather than handpicking each member.
    Global Posts
    411 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MAdMoNKEY
    In case they are watching, I'd love it if Keysuite could transfer email distribution lists created in Outlook. It would be great to be able to write an email to one of these lists, rather than handpicking each member.
    That's a fantastic idea!
    Jeff
    Does Keysuite work with 2day, Takephone and Chatter by any chance. I'd love something like as long as its pretty much compatible.
  9.    #9  
    I'm not sure, don't have any of those apps. It looks like any request to search the Contacts database gets redirected to the KeySuite database. So it's quite possible these programs will work with KeySuite now. But the best way is to install the Keysuite trial and give it a shot.
    Quote Originally Posted by 155
    Does Keysuite work with 2day, Takephone and Chatter by any chance. I'd love something like as long as its pretty much compatible.
    Unfortunately no....
    Looks like I'll have to wait for the 650. The newer os's have better outlook sync support
    Quote Originally Posted by 155
    Looks like I'll have to wait for the 650. The newer os's have better outlook sync support
    Though nowhere near as comprehensive as Keysuite. I'm hoping that once things settle down somewhat, Shimone will size the requirements for interogating the Keysuite database in his apps.

For now, I still sync my default database
    Will the new KeySuite let you display Company name along with name and # in caller ID display?
  14.    #14  
    I don't think it does from what I recall. I bet the Caller ID program simply requests the contact's name from the builtin database, so Keysuite also only returns the contact's name. I'm just guessing but I bet that's how it works.
    Now I wish Chapura would incorporate the Treo address book search into Key Contacts, the search with first alphabet of first name and then alphabets of last name. Another thing to add would be the ability to do a contact history search like the one in Iambic Agendus. Of course the ability to initiate SMS and emails directly from the contacts is something that ought to have been an obvious feature to begin with.
    Last edited by Sanjay; 09/17/2004 at 04:02 AM.
    how about being able to select the phone number of a person/email/memo, etc., hitting the center button and having it dial (kind of like the email suggestion further up) - more like takephone which I tried and only liked that feature of ...
    Bug / Slow down with Key Contacts being used as the default database.

When Key Contacts database is set to be the default database for Caller ID etc., I have noticed a considerable slow down in Caller ID display when a call comes in. The slow down seems to be specially more so when there is a call from a number which is not in the database. Has anybody else noticed this? By the way I even hard reset my phone and just installed the basic software to see if something else was causing the problem.
  18.    #18  
    I haven't noticed this, but it usually takes me a few seconds to get to my phone so the caller ID probably has enough time to display.
    I have decided to go back to my prior method of synching both the internal address book (for Caller ID and other purposes) and the Key Contacts database (for better Outlook support).

My major reasons from amongst others are:
    1) Major slow down in Caller ID response time.
    2) Lightwave does not recognize Key Contacts database, therefore I cnanot set individual rintones for individuals or contact groups.
    3) DateMate does not recognize Key Contact database.

Key Contacts needs to integrate their database some more before one can truelly give up ont he internal address book database.
  20.    #20  
    For #3, why don't you use the Outlook birthday field? I used to use DateMate as well but Outlook for the most part handles birthdays fine.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast