Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by MAdMoNKEY
    For #3, why don't you use the Outlook birthday field? I used to use DateMate as well but Outlook for the most part handles birthdays fine.
    I am already using the Birthday and Anniversary fields in Outlook, which is why I need Datemate to be able to import from the KeyContact database. The reason why I use Datemate is because it has a lot more functionality than Key Contacts as far as date reminders is concerned. Also it enables me to keep Birthday/Anniversary et. information for people I do not neccesarily have in my address book, for eg. children.
    Quick KeySuite question - currently using the standard PocketMirror sync solution (and using Beyond Contacts for PIM). Is the upgrade to KeySuite an easy one, or are there any "gotchas" that I should be aware of?

The reason I mention Beyond Contacts is that it uses its own proprietary databases and I have been concerned with synching it with the native Palm databases. Any help is appreciated. Thx.
  3.    #23  
    Keysuite also uses its own proprietary databases. They have managed somehow on the Treo 600 to have most programs get contact information from these databases. However, I also never had problems syncing Keysuite to both the proprietary and native databases, so that's an option as well. No gotchas that I experienced.
    "Oooh oooh aaah aaah! Slap!" - MAdMoNKEY
  4.    #24  
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanjay
    I am already using the Birthday and Anniversary fields in Outlook, which is why I need Datemate to be able to import from the KeyContact database. The reason why I use Datemate is because it has a lot more functionality than Key Contacts as far as date reminders is concerned. Also it enables me to keep Birthday/Anniversary et. information for people I do not neccesarily have in my address book, for eg. children.
    Yeah, I like the fact that you can add birthdays for children and other family members in DateMate. I don't use DateMate because it inserts the birthdays into the native Calendar app, and I use Outlook's and Keysuite's Calendar app, so DateMate doesn't really work for me.
    I've tested KeySuite pre-5-way support. I liked it but it did mess up my Hotsync a bit. So before testing this updated version, is the 5-way-button support as good as (or almost as good as) the built-in applications?
  6.    #26  
    Quote Originally Posted by xelar
    I've tested KeySuite pre-5-way support. I liked it but it did mess up my Hotsync a bit. So before testing this updated version, is the 5-way-button support as good as (or almost as good as) the built-in applications?
    In my opinion it's fine, but in the sense that it does everything I need/expect it to. I can select contacts using the 5-way, change categories, select buttons, etc. I'm not sure what else there is to do using a 5-way, so maybe someone else has a better answer for you?
  7.    #27  
    By the way I seem to be posting a lot about KeySuite, I don't work for them or anything, just really happy with their product. I've been screwed over so many times before with bad service and/or bad products that I'm always happy to recommend something I've found that exceeds my expectations.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12