Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1.    #1  
    On the PPC machines running Windows Mobile Phone Edition there are several programs that generate virtual screen in order to display 640x480 applications on the standard 240x320 screen. Some of those programs are Nydiot and DotPocket.

    Is there something similar out there in order to run 320x320 applications in our 160x160 Treos??????

    Thank you in advance,
    tejedor

    P.S.: I did intensive searching on Google without success.
    Nokia 9110i -> Treo 270 -> Treo 600
  2. #2  
    I don't think it would matter much since most applications designed for the 320x320 screen will have text too small to be legible on a 160x160 screen. At least that seems to be my experience with palm software designed for 320x320 but made runnable on the palm standard screen of 160x160.
    "The danger from computers is not that they will eventually get as smart as men, but that we will agree to meet them halfway." -Bernard Avishai
    "Computers are a lot like air conditioners - they both work great until you open windows." -Anonymous

  3. #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by Tekara
    I don't think it would matter much since most applications designed for the 320x320 screen will have text too small to be legible on a 160x160 screen. At least that seems to be my experience with palm software designed for 320x320 but made runnable on the palm standard screen of 160x160.
    I think that what tejedor meant is not rescaling 320x320 down ro 160x160, but rather be able to scroll up/down/left/right on your low res screen, to see the entiere hi-res app. This could be cool for web browsing for exemple, because rescaling web content is so difficult. No re-scaling would be needed.
  4. #4  
    I like both ideas.

    An excellent idea and maybe should be placed in the Developers Corner to see if anyone will do it or give it a try.
    Ancient_One
    Blood and Honour
    (Those who live in the dark shall meet the light and all shall die by my hand.)

    (Device:Palm Pilot>Handspring Deluxe>Handspring Treo 270>Sony Clie NX60U>PalmOne Treo 600)
    (Beta Tester:Pocketdimension 2 / Quirl / PalmMAME / Seven Email Client)

  5. #5  
    Without much of a tweak either. I was actually able to get this half working. I almost posted my find here, but I was lazy.

    I ran a piece of software designed for high res. (some lemonade or roller coaster thing?) on my treo and it crashed, but it threw me back to the home screen. But, it wasn't the normal home screen. It was in 320x320. It was beautiful, the fonts were antialised as if it was natively a 320x320 device. The only (small) problem was that you would only get the top left quarter of the screen.

    Once i rebooted, it went back to normal. But it's nice to see the treo600 is built to be just like any other high res device, except it was manufactured with a low resolution screen.
  6.    #6  
    I was thinking in how VNC for Palm performs. VNC Palm shows a window over the desktop you are remotely controlling so you move a couple of scroll bars to view the part of the controlled desktop you need.

    So Zehubert was right.

    So?

    P.S.: Anyway I would like to have a look to resizing software because I think that software could not affect reading that much like Tekara said.
    Nokia 9110i -> Treo 270 -> Treo 600
  7. #7  
    tejedor being the originator of this request can you post in the Developers Corner so we can get someone to look at it.

    It sounds promising and I for one would enjoy having a persudo 320x320 resolution even just for games.
    Ancient_One
    Blood and Honour
    (Those who live in the dark shall meet the light and all shall die by my hand.)

    (Device:Palm Pilot>Handspring Deluxe>Handspring Treo 270>Sony Clie NX60U>PalmOne Treo 600)
    (Beta Tester:Pocketdimension 2 / Quirl / PalmMAME / Seven Email Client)

  8. #8  
    Sounds great, what about 640 X 640 on the treo 650? Would that be possible?
  9. #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by wkv2101
    Sounds great, what about 640 X 640 on the treo 650? Would that be possible?
    I think if you tried this on a Treo 600 you would go from usefull (mock 320x320) to just painfull (640x640). you would have to scroll around so much it would lose the charm.

    Timmay
    Iím a lucky man to count on both hands
    The ones I love..

    Visor Pro -> Visor Edge -> Treo 180 -> Treo 270 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> T|T2+SE T68i -> Treo 600 -> T-Mobile MDA -> Treo 755p -> Treo 800w -> Treo 755p -> PALM PRE -> Palm Pre 2 -> HP Palm Pre 3

    Twittering about
  10. #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by g-funkster
    Without much of a tweak either. I was actually able to get this half working. I almost posted my find here, but I was lazy.

    I ran a piece of software designed for high res. (some lemonade or roller coaster thing?) on my treo and it crashed, but it threw me back to the home screen. But, it wasn't the normal home screen. It was in 320x320. It was beautiful, the fonts were antialised as if it was natively a 320x320 device. The only (small) problem was that you would only get the top left quarter of the screen.

    Once i rebooted, it went back to normal. But it's nice to see the treo600 is built to be just like any other high res device, except it was manufactured with a low resolution screen.

    So G..... do you think that a 650 screen could be installed in a 600?

    Curt
    Curt

    StarTAC ST7868W w/ Motorola StarTAC Clipon Organizer; Treo 600; Treo 700P; Palm Pre Plus all on Verizon

Posting Permissions