1.    #1  
    J&R has a 1 GB card for $70, after rebates. It appears they are out of stock and where I heard about it, it said it was for NY residents only, but I don't see anything where it says that. Anyway, just passing it on to put on your radar.

http://www.jr.com/JRProductPage.process?Product=3960168
    Global Posts
    501 Global Posts
    Actually, you have to order it THROUGH amazon which is THROUGH JandR in order to qualify for rebate. currently they are accepting backorders (they = JandR) but if you order it DIRECTLY through JandR it is $120 after rebate, so order through amazon to get rebate this SD card btw has lower speeds compared to the PQI 40x
    Quote Originally Posted by sledgie
    Actually, you have to order it THROUGH amazon
    can you provide the amazon link? i was just on their site and didn't see one.

this SD card btw has lower speeds compared to the PQI 40x
    can anyone else confirm that this is true for MP3 playback?
    Off to iPhone land...
    Global Posts
    501 Global Posts
    just checked amazon - they arent offering it anymore for that price (out of stock) so go through jandr.com

they're offering it now with rebate
    http://www.jr.com/JRProductPage.process?Product=3960168

there were a few threads on here aabout SanDisk 1gb or 512mb SD cards...slow speeds... i'll try looking for the thread and posting the VFS
    They bumped up the price to $89.99. Not as tempting as $70. Figures J&R is a bait & switch shop anyways. I've been to the store, they advertise low prices, but try to get you to buy something else.
    there were a few threads on here aabout SanDisk 1gb or 512mb SD cards...slow speeds... i'll try looking for the thread and posting the VFS
    i use my SD card almost exclusively for MP3s. should i be concerned about the speed difference between the SanDisk and say the PQ1? i'm a california resident, so i take a sales tax hit from ordering the PQ1 from newegg.
    Off to iPhone land...
    bmacfarland,

Thank you for the initial heads up. I saw the post in time and ordered my 1GB SD Card and it just arrived today. :-) It was also backordered when I bought it, but I bought one anyway... betting that I could lock in the $70 (after rebate) price.

Final price after tax with free s&h: $108.12 - $30 rebate = $78.12

Thanks again.
    Dave
    ---
    ghileman,

I have had the 256MB PNY card (very slow rating), and a 512MB and 256MB Sandisk cards with (fast ratings) and see no difference. I posted my rating in another thread, I will see if I can find it for you. Although many cards are FAST, even the 4x etc cards, the treo can not handle that much throughput. I have seen no difference in the various speed-rated cards and I use my card for: audio (WAV, MP3, OGG) - video (Kinoma) - misc data (Word, Excel, Zip files) and all work well.

I hope that this helps,
    Dave
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by NMprofessional
    bmacfarland,

Thank you for the initial heads up. I saw the post in time and ordered my 1GB SD Card and it just arrived today. :-) It was also backordered when I bought it, but I bought one anyway... betting that I could lock in the $70 (after rebate) price.

Final price after tax with free s&h: $108.12 - $30 rebate = $78.12

Thanks again.
    Dave
    Welcome. I was getting tempted at these prices, but just couldn't pull the trigger. It's tough when 256MBs are so cheaper than half price of the 512s.
    Quote Originally Posted by bmacfarland
    Welcome. I was getting tempted at these prices, but just couldn't pull the trigger. It's tough when 256MBs are so cheaper than half price of the 512s.
    True... but 1gig is sooooo nice!!!
    (btw, I got in on the deal too )