Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    OK, I don't have a Treo yet, but my 3 year old cell phone is in dire need of an upgrade. I may be all alone in my requests, but I want:

Graffiti 1! - at least the option to use Graffiti 1 (didn't they win the lawsuit I've never used a tiny keyboard before, not sure if I will like it)
    removable battery (I have an extra with my cell, which I recently lost...)
    more memory (I'll likely buy additional memory)
    BT (I've never tried it, but it seems useful to be able to sync without a cable)
    Hi-rez screen (got my first pair of glasses 5 months ago )

Even a 600 is a massive upgrade for me. I can't use any of the newer programs on my old Palm anymore...

Demitria, relative newcomer, current Palm m100 user/Nokia 6???.
    You can install software that enables Graffiti (or it's equivalent), but I gave up using it very quickly because the keyboard makes life much easier.
    Quote Originally Posted by zehubert
    Smaller / Lighter / No antenna
    Bump to that. Form factor is number one.

But media is a close second:

1. A way to download movies to the PC and easily move them to the Treo.

2. A way to download MP3s and easily move them to the Treo. Strike a deal with Apple, bundle the Treo with a SD hard drive, and sell a million of them as the best IPod ever.
    I think improving the form factor would be difficult. Sliding phones seem like an excellent idea, but the keys are flat so apparently more difficult to use. A clamshell needs to be opened before using which could be inconvenient. I don't think it could be smaller without compromising screen area - 320 x 320 with the same screen area as the 600 must be amazing. Compare that to the much bigger screen on the XDA II which is 320 x 240. If it was thinner and lighter that would be ideal, and getting rid of the external antenna would be good.

Does anyone use GPRS or wi-fi abroad. I have just been informed by Orange that GPRS is only available when roaming in a limited number of countries, and the cost is 10 per MB. If you use wi-fi hotspots abroad, can you pay locally or is that also charged at some ridiculous price?
    Camera flash
    Global Posts
    562 Global Posts
    Although the addition of BT is tempting, only one thing would make me upgrade from my Treo600, at any price: EVDO. The first company (Sprint or Verizon) to release their high-speed version gets my money.
    Cobalt. Ie protected memory.
    basically if sprint or palm one provides more of a tradeup incentive. i know the device is going to be kick *** regardless...i just want them to provide a better rebate then they did when the tre0 300 was being upgraded to the 600.
    Global Posts
    147 Global Posts
    Most of the above I agree with. Better reliability, longer battery life, faster data would all be more important than bluetooth for my usage pattern. Better cam is nice but I don't rely on having it available. Better screen is always good. Better cellular reception would be a plus as well (the 600 is way better than the 300 but there's always room for improvement).

But the biggest thing for me would be simultaneous voice & data so when I'm online and a call comes in it'll ring vs. going to voicemail. Also, if I'm on a call I'd like to be able to jump to the browser and look something up without disruption.
    - Fushigi
    Hi-res and the 1.3MP camera are enough by themselves to get me to upgrade
    Robert
    Please visit my moblog, Robert-O-Rama
    So Robert how much are you willing to pay though?

-Mell
    "Everyday is a Gift, A Blessing, An Opportunity!" - GM

Phone history: Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo Centro, Pixi, Centro again, 800w, Treo 755p, Palm Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by GeekyMom
    So Robert how much are you willing to pay though?

-Mell
    Hi Mell! I'll be happy to pay $600. But I will try to squeeze Sprint for some kind of service credit
    Robert
    Please visit my moblog, Robert-O-Rama
    I can do $600 and a rebate or discount would be sweet to help out us repeat customers.
    "Everyday is a Gift, A Blessing, An Opportunity!" - GM

Phone history: Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo Centro, Pixi, Centro again, 800w, Treo 755p, Palm Pre
    Stop saying you would be happy to pay $600!!!! Or that's what P1 will charge us!!!

Ok...the official party line is now...we will only spend $300 (that's it).

Got it people?
  15. mtb
    Quote Originally Posted by treo-mike
    Stop saying you would be happy to pay $600!!!! Or that's what P1 will charge us!!!

Ok...the official party line is now...we will only spend $300 (that's it).

Got it people?
    I will only pay $300!
    IPSEC VPN client
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123