1.    #1  
    Is there any application that can record the caller on the other end of the conversation without having to put the caller on speakerphone. SoundRec does OK when the caller is on speakerphone but I would like to record a conversation when we are NOT. Please advise.
    Previous User of T-Mobile Pocket PC Phone Edition, Now Using T-Mobile Treo 600, Firmware v3.05, Software v600-1.12-ROW, Palm OS v5.2.1, Hardware B, Handspring Phone v1.0
    I am not a big user of tape recorders, but I bought the standard version of Audacity and it works great.
    They also have a professional version which I hear is absolutely great for people that use recorders all day and have people that type their dictation.
    I mostly use my phone in non speakephone and audacity works great. I am not sure, but I think that my voice is hot as clear if I record in speakerphone.
    Curt
    Curt

StarTAC ST7868W w/ Motorola StarTAC Clipon Organizer; Treo 600; Treo 700P; Palm Pre Plus all on Verizon
    There are two problems with Audacity..the sound quality of the calling person is not that great and it will not work with all headsets. If you cannot compromise on quality ..try this.
    http://www.radioshack.com/product.as...ct%5Fid=17-855
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by curtarmy
    I am not a big user of tape recorders, but I bought the standard version of Audacity and it works great.
    They also have a professional version which I hear is absolutely great for people that use recorders all day and have people that type their dictation.
    I mostly use my phone in non speakephone and audacity works great. I am not sure, but I think that my voice is hot as clear if I record in speakerphone.
    Curt
    I really like the options for customization on this thing. It's great stuff. Unfortunately, I spent some real time with it before I realized it would barely record the conversation on the on the other end. My voice is significantly louder then the callers voice when it's played back. I think all it is doing is recording noise that would be audible to anyone outside. What I wanted it to do is record both parties of phone conversation. I am really surprised nobody has come out with software yet to do that.
    Last edited by tivosnoopy; 09/09/2004 at 11:34 AM.
    Previous User of T-Mobile Pocket PC Phone Edition, Now Using T-Mobile Treo 600, Firmware v3.05, Software v600-1.12-ROW, Palm OS v5.2.1, Hardware B, Handspring Phone v1.0