1.    #1  
    Hello -

Just wondering about specific use of .mac e-mail on a Treo 600.

While iSync may work and whatnot, is it possible to just set-up a .mac account through IMAP or POP through a Treo?

Thanks

N.
    Global Posts
    384 Global Posts
    I get my .Mac mail using SnapperMail. Your .Mac account can be set up as either IMAP or POP3, whichever you prefer. You can get all the settings for SMTP server and whatnot from the Mail app, under preferences, accounts.
    mrjoec
    www.joecieplinski.com
    the short is Yes you can set up your .mac account as POP or IMAP. Many different email clients for the Treo to choose from, Palm Mail, Snappermail, Chatter, Agendus etc. Search the boards read up a little and download some demo's.
    <body bgcolor="#ffffff">
    <p><font size="-2" color="#4684ff" face="Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular"><b>imageone</b></font><font size="-2" face="Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular"> &#x2022; current - <b>PowerBook G4 - Mac OS X - white iPod video 60GB - Treo 650 - 700p (Sprint)<br>
    </b></font><font size="-2" face="Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular">retired - Visor Deluxe - Visor Prism - Kyocera 6035 - Treo 300 - Treo 600 - Blackberry 7250</font></p>
    </body>
  4.    #4  
    Thanks for the info.

Does SnapperMail support multiple accounts (i.e. could I use my .Mac account and my AOL account)?

Is there any way to set it up for free? Is there anything built-into the Treo's OS that'll let me manage two IMAP/POP accounts??

Thanks again
    I get my .Mac email on my T180 using Eudora Mail, which is free (or was when I got it- check palmgear.com), and it also works with OneTouch, which came with my 180, but I prefer Eudora. I don't think it supports attachments, though, it's pretty basic but good enough for me.
    -mbd26
    most of the Treo (Palm) email clients supports multiple accounts. The best apps cost a little but worth it, if you email a lot. But NO AOL at this time. Snappermail claims next update will support AOL. Again, download and try out demos.
    <body bgcolor="#ffffff">
    <p><font size="-2" color="#4684ff" face="Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular"><b>imageone</b></font><font size="-2" face="Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular"> &#x2022; current - <b>PowerBook G4 - Mac OS X - white iPod video 60GB - Treo 650 - 700p (Sprint)<br>
    </b></font><font size="-2" face="Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular">retired - Visor Deluxe - Visor Prism - Kyocera 6035 - Treo 300 - Treo 600 - Blackberry 7250</font></p>
    </body>
    I use snappermail for my .mac and my other pop account...works great!
    Quote Originally Posted by noahsnyc
    Hello -

While iSync may work and whatnot, is it possible to just set-up a .mac account through IMAP or POP through a Treo?

Thanks

N.
    you could have an imac account and just use it on the Treo. But it would be a waste to just use it on a Treo alone. The .mac account gives you 100 mB of internet storage space and an idisk program to access it with, but you can only use the idisk on a mac, not a treo. The idisk storage is more of what you pay for than the email storage. So if you are considering using .mac only on your treo without a computer, probably you should consider something else.
    Last edited by cellmatrix; 09/11/2004 at 08:15 PM.
  9. gcs
    Quote Originally Posted by noahsnyc
    Hello -

Thanks

N.
    Hi,

I use SnapperMail to get my .mac mail, and here's the best thing, my email gets to me within seconds of it being received, here's how:

(Download SnapperMail and the free application called "TreoHelper")

1. I've set my .mac mail to forward all messages to my sprintpcs email (myname@sprintpcs.com)
    (make sure you set it to keep copies of a message on .mac)
    2. I've set my sprintpcs mail to sms me when a new message comes in
    3. In TreoHelper, under the "SMS" dropdown list item, I've set a trigger text of "Check your PCS Mail", and have TreoHelper launch SnapperMail

email -> .mac -> sprintpcs -> SMS ->TreoHelper launches SnapperMail -> email in SnapperMail

Yes, it looks a bit kludgy, but the end result is that within seconds of an email arriving at .mac, snappermail launches and fetches the new mail. No need to have it check every 10/15/whatever minutes which wastes battery life.

Works like a charm...
    Good luck,
    George
    I use the freeware email application that works with Sprint PCS (I found this on treo600essentials.com). When you first download the app, it is set up for AOL, yahoo and a few others. You simply go to edit accounts, choose Yahoo (for example) and then enter your .Mac credentials: user name, password, incoming POP3 server which is mail.mac.com, and outgoing mail server which is smtp.mac.com. You can then edit the name of the account (Yahoo) and call it Mac. Most of these freeware mail applications are pretty good and allow you to have multiple email accounts as well. Hope this helps.
    Last edited by meowmeowmeow; 09/15/2004 at 11:56 PM. Reason: Typo
    gcs. don't u find it annoying that u get an sms to dowoad mail evertime u get spam?
  12. gcs
    Quote Originally Posted by CHiNNuTS
    gcs. don't u find it annoying that u get an sms to dowoad mail evertime u get spam?
    Spam? What Spam?

I really don't get any spam with my .mac account. Don't know if they're spam checkers are either really good, or I'm just lucky. Besides, I have TreoHelper auto delete the sms messages triggering the fetch. It's been working like a dream for months now...

George
    Note, the latest snappermail allows Imap connection to AOL email accounts. I believe this is a recent event. I don't use Imap myself, just pop, and that doesn't support AOL.
    Hey GCS -

Love your avatar! As for the mail issue... I have had success with the 600's native mail app.