Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Jeff, howcome your site "http://www.byteswapped.com/palm/" does not have the updated version, rather it still has version 1.0 available for download.

PS: There ought to be some way for you to update the title of this thread to reflect the new version rather than it continue to state v1.1 I think yours is a great utility program and I would not like to miss any updates that you might make in the future. Thanks by the way for your work.
    Last edited by Sanjay; 09/15/2004 at 09:33 PM.
  2.    #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanjay
    Jeff, howcome your site "http://www.byteswapped.com/palm/" does not have the updated version, rather it still have version 1.0 available for download.

PS: There ought to be some way for you to update the title of this thread to reflect the new version rather than it continue to state v1.1 I think yours is a great utility program and I would not like to miss any updates that you might make in the future. Thanks by the way for your work.
    The link above is the link for the original creator of the application not mine.

I have looked for a way to change the title of the thread but have been unsuccessful. I'm open for suggestions on the best way to post changes, etc.....
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffgibson
    I have looked for a way to change the title of the thread but have been unsuccessful. I'm open for suggestions on the best way to post changes, etc.....
    One way of doing it might be to start a new thread each time you have a new update/version out. You could also make a post in the previous thread with a link to the new thread.
    Great updates, thank you for all your efforts. They are very much appreciated.

One thing I would love to see added to this program is the option to have a snooze button appear on screen when it is warning you that your card is not in...

Right now when my card pops out I have to go to the program and either untick the box or press snooze. If there were a snooze button on the screen, I could just tap it and continue with what I was doing...

Cheers.
  5.    #25  
    Quote Originally Posted by mattyparanoid
    Great updates, thank you for all your efforts. They are very much appreciated.

One thing I would love to see added to this program is the option to have a snooze button appear on screen when it is warning you that your card is not in...

Right now when my card pops out I have to go to the program and either untick the box or press snooze. If there were a snooze button on the screen, I could just tap it and continue with what I was doing...

Cheers.
    That's sounds very reasonable. I will get to it but it will take a while if that is OK? I am in the middle of development of a new Treo utility. Hope to be calling for Beta participants soon.
    Hi,

I have noticed that Missing Sync from Markspace does not play nice with CardKeeper when you use the Detect Unmounted Card option. When I unmount the card from the Mac desktop, the Treo does an unrecoverable hang when both 'Attempt Card Re-mount' and 'Soft Reset to Recover' options are selected. If just 'Soft Reset to Recover' is selected then the Treo does a normal reset.

Any way to prevent the software from working during a 'Missing Sync' session.

Thanks
  7.    #27  
    Quote Originally Posted by ymmij
    Hi,

I have noticed that Missing Sync from Markspace does not play nice with CardKeeper when you use the Detect Unmounted Card option. When I unmount the card from the Mac desktop, the Treo does an unrecoverable hang when both 'Attempt Card Re-mount' and 'Soft Reset to Recover' options are selected. If just 'Soft Reset to Recover' is selected then the Treo does a normal reset.

Any way to prevent the software from working during a 'Missing Sync' session.

Thanks
    I am sure there is a way. Can you help me understand what Missing Sync does? I have never heard of it. Is it the program that you use to unmount the card from the MAC desktop? If you don't mind me asking, why are you manually unmounting the card? Is this just a test or is this something you normally do? I'll do my best to help.

Jeff
    Missing Sync is allows for the mounting of SD cards on the Mac. Once mounted you can do transfers etc. between the card and Mac. When finished you 'unmount' the card like any other drive which has to be unmounted.

Something I use almost daily.

Hope this helps.

http://markspace.com/missingsync_palmos.html

Thanks
  9.    #29  
    Missing Sync is allows for the mounting of SD cards on the Mac. Once mounted you can do transfers etc. between the card and Mac. When finished you 'unmount' the card like any other drive which has to be unmounted.

Something I use almost daily.

Hope this helps.

http://markspace.com/missingsync_palmos.html

Thanks
    I am still a little confused.

Is this software actually unmounting the SD card VFS on the Treo while it connects to the MAC?

What happens if you only enable "attempt to remount card" and not enable the soft reset option? Do you still get a hang?

Do you get a hang if you disable both of those options and only detect an unmounted card? If this option is the only one enabled, does CK see that the card is unmounted? Does your launcher also not see the card?

I want to get this fixed for you but I am at a bit of a disadvantage since I do not own or have access to a MAC. So this may take some trial and error to isolate the problem.
    I am still a little confused.

Is this software actually unmounting the SD card VFS on the Treo while it connects to the MAC?

What happens if you only enable "attempt to remount card" and not enable the soft reset option? Do you still get a hang?

Do you get a hang if you disable both of those options and only detect an unmounted card? If this option is the only one enabled, does CK see that the card is unmounted? Does your launcher also not see the card?

I want to get this fixed for you but I am at a bit of a disadvantage since I do not own or have access to a MAC. So this may take some trial and error to isolate the problem.
    You run Missing Sync and the card mounts on your desktop. During that period you are unable to use the palm.....so hard to know what is going on with the palm during that time.

If "attempt to remount card" is checked then I end up with a white screen. If only "soft reset" is checked then I get a normal reset. If both are checked I get the white screen.

If both options are disabled then once you unmount the card from the Mac the palm begins to recognize an unmounted card and does the vibrate/alarm routine from CK.

Will do what I can to help.
  11.    #31  
    You run Missing Sync and the card mounts on your desktop. During that period you are unable to use the palm.....so hard to know what is going on with the palm during that time.

If "attempt to remount card" is checked then I end up with a white screen. If only "soft reset" is checked then I get a normal reset. If both are checked I get the white screen.

If both options are disabled then once you unmount the card from the Mac the palm begins to recognize an unmounted card and does the vibrate/alarm routine from CK.

Will do what I can to help.
    Thanks for the writeup. That does help me to start to get a picture of what is happening. I'll put a debug version together with some code changes together and let you try it.

UPDATE: Give this version a try and let me know if the Treo still hangs. It may not mount the card but lets take things one step at a time.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by jeffgibson; 09/18/2004 at 09:23 PM.
  12.    #32  
    Thanks for the writeup. That does help me to start to get a picture of what is happening. I'll put a debug version together with some code changes together and let you try it.

UPDATE: Give this version a try and let me know if the Treo still hangs. It may not mount the card but lets take things one step at a time.
    ymmij: Did this version help at all?????
    ymmij: Did this version help at all?????
    The Cardkeeper in your last post came in as version 1.3.1, which is the same version I have had for a couple of weeks. So..yep...same crashes as before.

Was this meant to be 1.3.1?

ymmij
    Geoff, I make extensive use of PTunes due to its interaction with other programs. A few evenings ago the SD card came out and Card Keeper sounded an alarm and due to it being dark, a few minutes passed before I determined the problem. A request - have it also work with PTunes to do custom voice alerts - and due to it being about the SD card, have it set as a "default" to look for the specified alert in main memory.

Ben
    Thanks so much for this utility. Without it, my SD card was entirely unreliable, seemingly always unmounted. Now everything works smoothly.

Thanks again!
  16.    #36  
    Quote Originally Posted by Wiscer
    Thanks so much for this utility. Without it, my SD card was entirely unreliable, seemingly always unmounted. Now everything works smoothly.

Thanks again!
    You are welcome! I am glad to hear it is working well for you.
  17.    #37  
    Quote Originally Posted by bclinger
    Geoff, I make extensive use of PTunes due to its interaction with other programs. A few evenings ago the SD card came out and Card Keeper sounded an alarm and due to it being dark, a few minutes passed before I determined the problem. A request - have it also work with PTunes to do custom voice alerts - and due to it being about the SD card, have it set as a "default" to look for the specified alert in main memory.

Ben
    Thanks for the suggestion.

I'll look into this for my new utility that will include CK functionality. I'm about 50% done with it and will be looking to release a beta soon.

In the mean time, if you use LightWav you can trap the CardKeeper alert and play anything you want through pTunes. LightWav also gives you the ability to keep the wav or mp3 in memory.
    I am playing wit LightWav right now. For it to work with an ejected card, it'll have to have the file in main memory. I am amazed at what LW does. Dang.
    I have a question about the general functionality of this utility. I installed it last week and it worked well, until Sunday, I think...

Now whenever my card comes out and I put it back in, it is assigned a different volume number. This wouldn't be too bad, but it seems like when it gets a new volume number my mp3s in callfilter are no longer linked properly. Is this something that has happened to others?

thanks,
    rob
    I just installed 1.3.1 and my Treo went into a reboot loop. Is there any way to recover short of a reset/restore? Is there a way start the palmOS but not auto-run some .prc files. Maybe putting in a delay might be useful?
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast