1.    #1  
    Yeah so i have a boxwave cleartouch screen protector. I love it, and well i bought the three pack. But i wanna make sure when i send it off to P1 for its funeral, I have removed the screen protector (even though i have 2 others)

but okay....it says on the website to use scotch tape and adhere it to a corner and pull...well for me the tape comes off first before the protector...

got any tips and such?

thanks guys
    You could try sliding a credit card under the corner of the protector, if you've got enough clearance between the edge of the protector and the screen rim.
  3.    #3  
    hmm good idea
    You can use a stronger adhesive like a small square of duct tape as well.
    "The danger from computers is not that they will eventually get as smart as men, but that we will agree to meet them halfway." -Bernard Avishai
    "Computers are a lot like air conditioners - they both work great until you open windows." -Anonymous

Global Posts
    203 Global Posts
    Hofo_mofo,

I'm glad to hear that you are enjoying your ClearTouch! Ianjd and Tekara have offered some possible solutions that may assist you. Here is the expansion on the 'tape' method:

ClearTouch FAQ link

Using a strong adhesive like duct tape may possibly damage your screen so using a regular piece of tape and using a stylus to "write" on the tape can strengthen the adhesive quality. (Although if you're planning on tossing the one you're removing, then I guess duct tape will do the trick!)

Also, using the backing of the ClearTouch or a similar material, you can slip underneath the CT and gently lift it off. This way, you won't have to worry about getting tape adhesive stuck on your CT.

Hope you find what works best for you!
    Best Regards,
    Cho
    Quote Originally Posted by hofo_mofo
    Yeah so i have a boxwave cleartouch screen protector. I love it, and well i bought the three pack. But i wanna make sure when i send it off to P1 for its funeral, I have removed the screen protector (even though i have 2 others)

but okay....it says on the website to use scotch tape and adhere it to a corner and pull...well for me the tape comes off first before the protector...

got any tips and such?

thanks guys
    this is with regards to the battery guage problem? how did you get it replaced? did palm one replace it or rogers?
    WASHINGTON (Reuters) - A tragic fire on Monday destroyed the personal library of President George W. Bush. Both of his books have been lost. Presidential spokesman Ari Fleischer said the president was devastated, as he had not finished coloring the second one...
  7.    #7  
    thanks everyone...and thank you Cho and I will those methods a shot

and rossoneri, plamone did all the wrok for me
    Quote Originally Posted by hofo_mofo
    thanks everyone...and thank you Cho and I will those methods a shot

and rossoneri, plamone did all the wrok for me
    so they just send u a new phone if your old treo dies? with no questions asked? did u have an extended warranty with palmone?
    WASHINGTON (Reuters) - A tragic fire on Monday destroyed the personal library of President George W. Bush. Both of his books have been lost. Presidential spokesman Ari Fleischer said the president was devastated, as he had not finished coloring the second one...
  9.    #9  
    they asked me when i purchased the unit...april 2004...they asked for the serial number...i gave it to them...we tried a battery disconnect...didnt work...then the last gentleman..said okay...we'll send you a new via fedex...when you recieve the phone...you have 15 days to send us back the defective unit...here is our fedex account,

done and done
    I used a piece of scoth tape - instructions are at boxwave site i think. basically lay the tape sticky side down on the bottom of the screen wiht an edge facing over the bottom of the phone. Then pull away from phne towards top - protector will arch back off phone.

Careful not to do it too hard or fast or protector can bend leaving a bubble as i now have

I have switched mine three times now due to constant replacement issues
    hofo mofo who did you contact at palm one. I have a defective treo and both sprint and best buy are being jerks and giving me the run around about replacing it. I have only had the unit about 4 months. thanks.