Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Interesting to note that P1 has a redirect for both treo650.com and treo670.com to their website. May we all be wrong and they are bringing out two new models?
    Wow. That is a great piece of detective work!
    Sorry but those are not registered to Palm.
    Yeah, anyone can redirect the address to wherever they want. Doesn't mean that Palm owns them. Five minutes from now, they could be pointed to Yahoo.
  5.    #5  
    Duh, did you think I would not do a check on that first. I know enough to do a whois search. I just find it interesting that there is someone that had the "intuition" or insider info to get both the Treo650 and 670 and nothing else. But you go ahead and believe what you want just seems to be too much of a coincidence to me...
    Well, I live fairly close to Wellsley Hills, MA and I don't think there's a PalmOne office anywhere in the area. Sure it could be a close friend of the CEO's or something.

For what it's worth, he also has Treo675.com redirecting to Palm. So maybe there are three devices. I didn't look for much else.
    pure speculation.
    <body bgcolor="#ffffff">
    <p><font size="-2" color="#4684ff" face="Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular"><b>imageone</b></font><font size="-2" face="Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular"> &#x2022; current - <b>PowerBook G4 - Mac OS X - white iPod video 60GB - Treo 650 - 700p (Sprint)<br>
    </b></font><font size="-2" face="Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular">retired - Visor Deluxe - Visor Prism - Kyocera 6035 - Treo 300 - Treo 600 - Blackberry 7250</font></p>
    </body>
    I did a whois on Treo700.com look what I found:
    Attached Images Attached Images
    When AT&T was rolling out their "mMode" service, they had it registerd by their counsel, as to not tip people off. It didn't work, but having others register things is by no means unusual.
    Quote Originally Posted by gharrod
    Duh, did you think I would not do a check on that first. I know enough to do a whois search. I just find it interesting that there is someone that had the "intuition" or insider info to get both the Treo650 and 670 and nothing else. But you go ahead and believe what you want just seems to be too much of a coincidence to me...
    Duh, did you think to check treo600.com and treo610.com too, neither of which are owned by Palm?
    Quote Originally Posted by webslappy
    Now THAT is a great piece of detective work.
  12.    #12  
    See, do not immediately dismiss things because someone else will come along with a "better mousetrap" and find the Treo700 site is P1 owned! Thank you Webslappy for coming up with that one!

And yes I tried 600 and 610 arip. And yes imageone it is nothing but speculation but as Kramsauer points out it is not at all unusual to have someone like a general coucel or even associate register the address to cloak it.
    Now "that" means something!
    <body bgcolor="#ffffff">
    <p><font size="-2" color="#4684ff" face="Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular"><b>imageone</b></font><font size="-2" face="Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular"> &#x2022; current - <b>PowerBook G4 - Mac OS X - white iPod video 60GB - Treo 650 - 700p (Sprint)<br>
    </b></font><font size="-2" face="Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular">retired - Visor Deluxe - Visor Prism - Kyocera 6035 - Treo 300 - Treo 600 - Blackberry 7250</font></p>
    </body>
  14.    #14  
    ANd further try going to www.treo700.com and they do not have it linked anywhere...man this is fantastic news. We may have uncovered the real product designation or at least a reserved name for a future product.
    could we all be wrong. what we think is the 650 really the Treo 700?
    <body bgcolor="#ffffff">
    </body>
    Not sure where you got that info from but I used 2 whois databases and nothing came up under Treo700.com
    Quote Originally Posted by shanta
    Not sure where you got that info from but I used 2 whois databases and nothing came up under Treo700.com
    i used register.com

here's the link: http://www.register.com/whois_lookup.cgi
    i used register.com

here's the link: http://www.register.com/whois_lookup.cgi
    Thanks, I found it with another database also.
    [whois.melbourneit.com]

Domain Name.......... treo650.com
    Creation Date........ 2004-05-14
    Registration Date.... 2004-05-14
    Expiry Date.......... 2005-05-14
    Organisation Name.... Alexandra Norkin
    Organisation Address. 43 colburn rd
    Organisation Address.
    Organisation Address. Wellesley Hills
    Organisation Address. 02481
    Organisation Address. MA
    Organisation Address. UNITED STATES

Admin Name........... Alexandra Norkin
    Admin Address........ 43 colburn rd
    Admin Address........
    Admin Address........ Wellesley Hills
    Admin Address........ 02481
    Admin Address........ MA
    Admin Address........ UNITED STATES
    Admin Email.......... norkin@bu.edu
    Admin Phone.......... +1.7812376117
    Admin Fax............

Tech Name............ YahooDomains TechContact
    Tech Address......... 701 First Ave.
    Tech Address.........
    Tech Address......... Sunnyvale
    Tech Address......... 94089
    Tech Address......... CA
    Tech Address......... UNITED STATES
    Tech Email........... domain.tech@yahoo-inc.com
    Tech Phone........... +1.6198813096
    Tech Fax............. +1.6198813010
    Name Server.......... yns1.yahoo.com
    Name Server.......... yns2.yahoo.com
    Palm Pilot -> Palm 505 -> Palm Vii-> Ipaq 3670 -> Nokia 6800 ->Treo 600 -> Treo 650 Unlocked GSM
    Service Attws
    [whois.melbourneit.com]

Domain Name.......... treo670.com
    Creation Date........ 2004-05-14
    Registration Date.... 2004-05-14
    Expiry Date.......... 2005-05-14
    Organisation Name.... Alexandra Norkin
    Organisation Address. 43 colburn rd
    Organisation Address.
    Organisation Address. Wellesley Hills
    Organisation Address. 02481
    Organisation Address. MA
    Organisation Address. UNITED STATES

Admin Name........... Alexandra Norkin
    Admin Address........ 43 colburn rd
    Admin Address........
    Admin Address........ Wellesley Hills
    Admin Address........ 02481
    Admin Address........ MA
    Admin Address........ UNITED STATES
    Admin Email.......... norkin@bu.edu
    Admin Phone.......... +1.7812376117
    Admin Fax............

Tech Name............ YahooDomains TechContact
    Tech Address......... 701 First Ave.
    Tech Address.........
    Tech Address......... Sunnyvale
    Tech Address......... 94089
    Tech Address......... CA
    Tech Address......... UNITED STATES
    Tech Email........... domain.tech@YAHOO-INC.COM
    Tech Phone........... +1.6198813096
    Tech Fax............. +1.6198813010
    Name Server.......... yns1.yahoo.com
    Name Server.......... yns2.yahoo.com
    Palm Pilot -> Palm 505 -> Palm Vii-> Ipaq 3670 -> Nokia 6800 ->Treo 600 -> Treo 650 Unlocked GSM
    Service Attws
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast