Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    yea sometimes whois dont work on certain .com names you might have to use the original company or certain whois to find out the info.
    Quote Originally Posted by wongster
    yea sometimes whois dont work on certain .com names you might have to use the original company or certain whois to find out the info.
    Who is your post directed at? We know that Alexandra Norkin owns Treo650.com and Treo670.com. We also know that PalmOne owns Treo700.com
    Quote Originally Posted by clievideo
    Sasha is short for Alexandra ( I learned that from watching the C-movie "Hypercube: Cube 2" ).
    Actually, Sasha is short for Alexander. The masuline form of the name.
    "Matters of great concern should be taken lightly, matters of small concern should be taken seriously."
    -ancient chinese adage
    remember, some people register domains that they think corporations are going to want, and then make the corporations buy them from them. that could be waht 650 and 670 are.
    <a href="http://www.intarweb-master.blogspot.com"target="blank">My Blog</a>
    Anyone registering the names for profit would have a very hard time explaining why they were using www.treo650.com and then even harder when they explain that it connects to P1s site. To me this is clearly Palm trying to hide the fact that they registered the names.

Jason
    Quote Originally Posted by dantekgeek
    remember, some people register domains that they think corporations are going to want, and then make the corporations buy them from them. that could be waht 650 and 670 are.

wow, three models coming out this year---that would be music to my ears. question though, if everyone knows that a new treo(s) are coming out, why is the current treo still so expensive?
    Naveen

Current:Cingular 8525 w/Faria R32

Next Phone:
    Something from HTC because Palm sucks, so I want a Touch Pro, Touch HD, or a Treo Pro.
    Global Posts
    390 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder God
    ... if everyone knows that a new treo(s) are coming out, why is the current treo still so expensive?

because P1 is trying to maximize profits. What a concept for a corporation. Don't worry when the new models hit the selves the T600 price will drop
    Waiting for Palm Pre on AT&T then can replace my iPhone. Needs Doc To Go and Flash

Mutley - Passed 4-18-06. A better friend one could not ask for!
    Quote Originally Posted by BigTex
    because P1 is trying to maximize profits. What a concept for a corporation. Don't worry when the new models hit the selves the T600 price will drop
    makes me wonder, should i wait and get the old model 600 or shell out the big bucks for the new 650
    Naveen

Next Phone:
    Something from HTC because Palm sucks, so I want a Touch Pro, Touch HD, or a Treo Pro.
    Quote Originally Posted by gharrod
    May we all be wrong and they are bringing out two new models?
    A Treo family on the horizon? An interesting thought! Certain analysts have been publicly questioning how much longer palmOne will be able to continue only 'refreshing' the Treo line once a year so perhaps there will indeed be a growing family of Treos in the coming year(s).

For example, there's no reason that Treo 600 sales could not continue at a brisk pace for a little while longer as long as the price drops sufficiently compared to the 650...

Here's an interesting starting point for what a future Treo family might look like from an existing Treo cousin...

Cheers, W.
    couldnt it just be that the 650 is with camera and the 670 is without?

FYI, if you want to see some nice pics of the G88, SGH-i500, and SGH-i530 smartphones, checkout the links below! If the i500 was high rez, I would be all over it!

http://www.threegmobile.net/main/ind...detail&nid=402

http://www.threegmobile.net/main/ind...nid=360&page=1

http://www.threegmobile.net/main/ind...detail&nid=334

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    i500 does looks sweet... how did they not include a high rez screen after hearing all the Treo users ***** and moan?
    Iím a lucky man to count on both hands
    The ones I love..

Visor Pro -> Visor Edge -> Treo 180 -> Treo 270 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> T|T2+SE T68i -> Treo 600 -> T-Mobile MDA -> Treo 755p -> Treo 800w -> Treo 755p -> PALM PRE -> Palm Pre 2 -> HP Palm Pre 3

Twittering about
    Global Posts
    500 Global Posts
    SPH-i550 (P=sPrint, G=GSM) is coming "soon" and will have high rez screen, according to the rumor mill.
  14.    #74  
    http://store.palmone.com/family/inde...entPage=family is a link that references the Treo650 on the PalmOne Store Website...anyone find this before now?
  15.    #75  
    Oh....and by the way, that is a Bluetooth GPS device...
    This analyst report references a tech forum where PalmOne mentioned a "family" of Treo Smartphones. Just thought it complemented everything we have been reading in this thread about more than a 650 being released.

Also, analysts seem to unanimously agree that October is the launch date, but it is unclear when it will be available to the public as it sounds like there could be issues with a few of the component suppliers.

"PLMO shares were weak yesterday following the announcement of RIM's 7100t
    Blackberry, which features a 20-key Qwerty keypad, Bluetooth, and a design
    that is more "cell phone-like" in nature. Two potential drawbacks to the 7100t
    are that, at least initially, it will be exclusive to T-Mobile USA and its
    Qwerty keyboard design is unique, with keys that have two letters and a number
    on each one. As such, yesterday's weakness in PLMO could prove to be
    premature, much the way it was with Nokia's Blackberry-enabled 9300
    Communicator.
    PLMO--more smartphone products coming. Speaking at the Silicon Valley Bank
    Tech Forum yesterday, management commented that it plans to introduce a family
    of Treo smartphones with a strategy that we suspect will be similar to its
    Handheld strategy, offering products to all categories of users. We expect
    more details in the coming weeks as PLMO reports its August-quarter results on
    September 20th and will hold its annual analyst meeting in New York on October
    5th."
    Yeah - maybe we'll have another "Hawkins moment" with a PalmOne rep coolly holding a Treo 650 in hand while talking about the stock tanking - gee, how much fun will that be?
    Remember, the "P" in PDA stands for personal.
    If it works for you, it is "P"erfect.
  18.    #78  
    PalmOne updated the link above that referenced the Treo650. Several of us saw it earlier and yesterday before they changed it.
    Quote Originally Posted by gfunkmagic
    FYI, if you want to see some nice pics of the G88, SGH-i500, and SGH-i530 smartphones, checkout the links below! If the i500 was high rez, I would be all over it!

http://www.threegmobile.net/main/ind...detail&nid=402

http://www.threegmobile.net/main/ind...nid=360&page=1

http://www.threegmobile.net/main/ind...detail&nid=334
    i really like samsung phones, but they take forever to come out
    Naveen

Next Phone:
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234