Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    want to see something really weird? check out this whois on iPhone.org...

Timmay
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Iím a lucky man to count on both hands
    The ones I love..

Visor Pro -> Visor Edge -> Treo 180 -> Treo 270 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> T|T2+SE T68i -> Treo 600 -> T-Mobile MDA -> Treo 755p -> Treo 800w -> Treo 755p -> PALM PRE -> Palm Pre 2 -> HP Palm Pre 3

Twittering about
    Quote Originally Posted by bigredgpk
    want to see something really weird? check out this whois on iPhone.org...

Timmay
    What, no iJohn.com as well? I thought Jobs had all his bases covered.
    Remember, the "P" in PDA stands for personal.
    If it works for you, it is "P"erfect.
  3.    #43  
    Ha ha ha ha...the iPhone, look at this page... http://www.mikeindustries.com/blog/a...ail-the-iphone

Kind of a cool idea though...
    hopefully palm is good at keeping secrets and they are going to introduce multiple models to further penetrate the market. motorola has mutiple smartphones coming out at roughly the same time---
    Naveen

Current:Cingular 8525 w/Faria R32

Next Phone:
    Something from HTC because Palm sucks, so I want a Touch Pro, Touch HD, or a Treo Pro.
    Having "help" in MA isn't really that far off base. Either the BE OS people or that online PIM service Palm shuttered a while back were in MA I believe. So, they would have naturally had professional services in that area. You "Treo People" might not remember that since it was a Palm thing back in the Handspring / Palm, Inc. days.

I find it more unbelieveable for this to be some secret Palm plan not for locational issues, but for the the use of Yahoo to do the registrations. Your typical big company doesn't use Yahoo to do their domain registratons and hosting. That would be like GM using AOL to host their web site.
    ---------------------------------------------------
    Mike Lohsl
    Mobile Evangelist

From The Mind Of Mike...
    santaclaus.com redirects you to a Happy Halloween page! So does that mean that P1 will release the Treo 650/670 on Halloween? I'm just trying to adopt a different form of logic...mine was working too well!
    Quote Originally Posted by gharrod
    from $2000 a share in Feb 2000 to $29 today...you figure it.
    bmac, do not get to into charts like that because I can show you where P1 is down 6900% from it's price from feb of 2000. The stock boards are raging at P1 right now for being down from $41 to $29 in a week.
    What does comparing the opening day stock price from over 4 years ago (which BTW closed at about $1300) to today's have anything to do with PLMO's current corporate strategy on new product disclosure?

If you want to make things seem even more dramatic, you could also point out that in 10/2002, there was a reverse (1 for 20) stock split. By your logic, the loss would be from $40,000 down to $29!

For someone to say, on 3/2003 it was a $7 and now it is up to $29 would be just a valid as your analysis - and again without insight.

Only with more analysis would you know that had you bought on 3/2003, you would have not only owned the hardware division, but Palmsource as well which was spun off at .3098sh for 1sh of Palm. PSRC is at $24 which would translate into about $7 per share - essentially making a $7 investment in 3/2003 worth $36 today - not $29.

Would I like to see PLMO counter-punch RIM with a Treo 650 product announcement - you bet. But we're obviously not privy to PLMO's current situation with regard to 3Q profits v. analyst's estimates or potential supply-chain issues.

My point is that P1's management has a lot more to consider than what their stock has done in the last 5 days and I am sure they could care less right now as to what their stock traded at on its opening day over 4 years ago.
  8.    #48  
    Jonhoffm, according to the Yahoo chart covering the last 5 years Palm was at $2000 a share. If they are wrong I apologize for beleiving their chart.
    Jonhoffm, according to the Yahoo chart covering the last 5 years Palm was at $2000 a share. If they are wrong I apologize for beleiving their chart.
    The Yahoo chart is pretty vague - the high that day was close to 2000 I believe, the low went below 1200 and it closed at around 1300 for what it is worth. So, I must admit, at least one poor soul was at 2000.
    BubbaHooska pointed out the name, but did anyone notice that Sasha works for palmOne?

palmOne, Inc.
    Attn. Sasha Norkin
    10 New England Business Center Drive Suite 102
    Andover, MA 01810
    sasha.norkin@palmone.com

Sasha went to Wellesley College (hmm, another hint).

Sasha is on staff at BU and the email address given for the address registration is: norkin@bu.edu So, are we to believe there are two Norkins on staff at BU that have no connection what so ever. Total speculation here, but I think she registered and used a family members name and phone number in place of her own. The phone does belong to Alexandra.

I don't think it would be too much of a stretch to guess that someone within the company registered the name. She is refered to as a consultant to Palm (Internet and Television) so that would seem to fit. But also at an IAB event in 2003 her title was listed as Sasha Norkin, Director Business Development, Palm

Alexandra Norkin appears to be 49 so perhaps she is Sasha's sister. (I'm guessing based of the age Sasha appears to be in the picture of her.)

Sasha lives in Cambridge, MA (20-25 min. from the office)

Jason
    Last edited by jtsongas; 09/10/2004 at 10:52 AM.
  11.    #51  
    ...it just keeps getting interestinger and interestinger as Yogi Berra would say...

Look for the official announcement in the next 6-7 days I believe.
    Gharrod what makes you says it will be announced in the next week or so? DO you work for P1?
  13.    #53  
    just a feeling Bssn, no I do not work for P1, I have never worked for P1 and never plan to work for or with P1. I do not know anyone who does work for P1 and am not an investor (to my knowledge) in P1...
    Quote Originally Posted by jtsongas
    BubbaHooska pointed out the name, but did anyone notice that Sasha works for palmOne?

palmOne, Inc.
    Attn. Sasha Norkin
    10 New England Business Center Drive Suite 102
    Andover, MA 01810
    sasha.norkin@palmone.com

Sasha went to Wellesley College (hmm, another hint).

Sasha is on staff at BU and the email address given for the address registration is: norkin@bu.edu So, are we to believe there are two Norkins on staff at BU that have no connection what so ever. Total speculation here, but I think she registered and used a family members name and phone number in place of her own. The phone does belong to Alexandra.

I don't think it would be too much of a stretch to guess that someone within the company registered the name. She is refered to as a consultant to Palm (Internet and Television) so that would seem to fit. But also at an IAB event in 2003 her title was listed as Sasha Norkin, Director Business Development, Palm

Alexandra Norkin appears to be 49 so perhaps she is Sasha's sister. (I'm guessing based of the age Sasha appears to be in the picture of her.)

Sasha lives in Cambridge, MA (20-25 min. from the office)

Jason
    or maybe one person full name Alexandra Sasha Norkin ?

I don't know, and don't even really care. How stupid is this whole thing anyway. But I can't stop reading it.
    <body bgcolor="#ffffff">
    <p><font size="-2" color="#4684ff" face="Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular"><b>imageone</b></font><font size="-2" face="Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular"> &#x2022; current - <b>PowerBook G4 - Mac OS X - white iPod video 60GB - Treo 650 - 700p (Sprint)<br>
    </b></font><font size="-2" face="Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular">retired - Visor Deluxe - Visor Prism - Kyocera 6035 - Treo 300 - Treo 600 - Blackberry 7250</font></p>
    </body>
  15.    #55  
    I like this thread best (not because I started it) because you people are giving this some real thought instead of just racing off into never never land...ok, except you ImageOne, laughs, but I am the same I can not stop reading these threads this week. The buzz is getting interesting in my mind. I look for the product intro to be announced in the next 6 days because P1 is scheduled to have some sort of investor event about then. I am trying to find the info I had earlier on the event and I can not. Anyone else see it?
    I bet all the Palm folks reading this stuff laugh their a$$es off reading these posts. Actually, having worked in marketing, I can just imagine how exciting they find this. Most companies would kill for this kind of buzz.

Jason
    Last edited by jtsongas; 09/10/2004 at 02:41 PM.
    [QUOTE=imageone]or maybe one person full name Alexandra Sasha Norkin ?
    QUOTE]

Sasha is short for Alexandra ( I learned that from watching the C-movie "Hypercube: Cube 2" ).
    move over Matlock! TreoCentral is on the case!
    Iím a lucky man to count on both hands
    The ones I love..

Visor Pro -> Visor Edge -> Treo 180 -> Treo 270 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> T|T2+SE T68i -> Treo 600 -> T-Mobile MDA -> Treo 755p -> Treo 800w -> Treo 755p -> PALM PRE -> Palm Pre 2 -> HP Palm Pre 3

Twittering about
    If you look carefully, it's just a redirect to palmOne's site, using an affiliate code.... so if someone types that in, and buys something, the person who owns the site receives a comission...
  20.    #60  
    yes Fikse, we all know that. But Sasha is a consultant to Palmone. We find that interesting and the fact that P1 has reserved Treo700 for themselves and it is inoperable at this time is more then interesting.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast