Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 79
  1. #21  
    I'd love to have read your logic regarding the domain registration of www.treo600.com
  2.    #22  
    who says there is any? none of this is logical. if P1's stock tanks again tomorrow like it did today it will not be pretty...
  3. #23  
    If P1 stock tanks again tomorrow, they will be force to go public with the new Treo.
  4. #24  
    Quote Originally Posted by gharrod
    who says there is any? none of this is logical. if P1's stock tanks again tomorrow like it did today it will not be pretty...
    I should have been more specific - gharrod, are you not reading this thread?
    • webslappy
    • shanta
    • jerzydiver
  5.    #25  
    arcbody, nice attempt to bully me...
  6. #26  
    Quote Originally Posted by ArcBody
    I should have been more specific - gharrod, are you not reading this thread?
    • webslappy
    • shanta
    • jerzydiver
    I never said I could provide the logic on domain registration. I'm just pointing out facts. PalmOne owns Treo700, not Treo650 or Treo670. Take it for what it's worth.

    What's your point?
  7. #27  
    Quote Originally Posted by ArcBody
    I'd love to have read your logic regarding the domain registration of www.treo600.com

    Did someone mention there was logic behind this?
  8. #28  
    Quote Originally Posted by webslappy
    I never said I could provide the logic on domain registration. I'm just pointing out facts. PalmOne owns Treo700, not Treo650 or Treo670. Take it for what it's worth.

    What's your point?
    http://www.bnzsport.com/forums/html/emoticons/werd.gif
  9. #29  
    Quote Originally Posted by BssinRVer
    If P1 stock tanks again tomorrow, they will be force to go public with the new Treo.
    They wouldn't be close to being forced to that. They are still up 50% (with today's drop) for the year, and 200% from 6 months ago. You had to expect a bit of a pull-back.
  10.    #30  
    bmac, do not get to into charts like that because I can show you where P1 is down 6900% from it's price from feb of 2000. The stock boards are raging at P1 right now for being down from $41 to $29 in a week.
  11. #31  
    Quote Originally Posted by gharrod
    bmac, do not get to into charts like that because I can show you where P1 is down 6900% from it's price from feb of 2000. The stock boards are raging at P1 right now for being down from $41 to $29 in a week.
    Down 6900% ?
    Please show me!

    Actually, just show me a drop of more than 100% and I'll be satisified...
  12.    #32  
    from $2000 a share in Feb 2000 to $29 today...you figure it.
  13. #33  
    Quote Originally Posted by gharrod
    from $2000 a share in Feb 2000 to $29 today...you figure it.
    That's a 98,6% drop.
  14.    #34  
    I see your point. My point is it is off 1971 points in 4 years. That is quite a blood-letting. Thank you for being kind in correcting my error.
  15. #35  
    Sounds like the owner of the domain name is either (1) working for P1, or (2) just speculating and hoping to get lucky. Redirecting the site to P1 would, for now, help avoid a fight over trademark etc.

    http://massappeal.bu.edu/norkin.html
    Sasha Norkin
    Associate Professor of Journalism
    BA, Wellesley College; MS, Boston University
    Professor Norkin is an Internet and television consultant for companies such as Palm Computing and Hearst Argyle Television. She was executive producer of news, specials, and production at WHDH-TV as well as executive producer at WCVB-TV, where she was in charge of the daily newscasts. She has coordinated coverage of special events such as elections, the Boston Marathon, and visits of First Ladies, Nelson Mandela, and the like. Professor Norkin teaches a wide range of broadcast journalism and multimedia courses.
  16.    #36  
    Well, a consultant to Palm licensing a site with Treo in it. I find this very interesting and highly speculative on her part. Thank you BubbaH.
  17. #37  
    How many times did P1 stock split since February 2000? Probably none but you can answer the question gharrod.
  18. #38  
    Quote Originally Posted by gharrod
    bmac, do not get to into charts like that because I can show you where P1 is down 6900% from it's price from feb of 2000. The stock boards are raging at P1 right now for being down from $41 to $29 in a week.
    I don't think going back 4 years and showing a large drop during the height of the technology market is anywhere near as significant as what it's done in the past year. Even so, that just adds to my point that they don't need to announce anything. If they survived that drop than some 25% is nothing, especially when you are still up fairly well for the year.

    Yeah if you bought at $41 and now have it at $29, it's a tough break, but I'm saying that it still represents a good year overall for Palm. Hence they don't need to announce anything. I think more than the competition (though surely to some degree maybe even 50-50), it's the fact that they were overpriced with their recent 268% run up in less than 6 months. People are bound to take some profits and move it to something else when all the good news is priced in. See:
    http://www.forbes.com/markets/2004/0...ahoo&referrer=
  19.    #39  
    Bssn, I think once on the chart I saw earlier. I will look again and see if I still have in cached...
  20. #40  
    I'm going to email Sasha Norkin at norkin@bu.edu and ask her if she knows about the release date for the T650... and while I'm at it I will ask her about the stock issue some of you are discussing.

    Wish me luck.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions