1.    #1  
    Are there any users out there WITH OUT both of these apps
    Butler ((aka Treo Butler) from HobbyistSofware)
    TreoAlertManager (from PDAapps).

If you do not have either of these app installed on your treo600, when you get an SMS from someone and you ignor it, do you hear the same alert tone 5-10 minuites later? I notice that I will get an SMS, I hear the speical tone that I use just for SMS alerts come from the Treo and several minutis later, I hear it again.
    I noticed this one day when I was busy, I heard the SMS alert go off at least three time in an hour and when I checked my SMS, I only had one new SMS.

I have since looked into this more and have seen an an unanswered SMS, sound off again later, just like a new one.

The old Firmware would only make the tone when you first got it, then it was up too an application like TreoAlertManager to remind you. Is this something new with Firmware 1.20SPR or something else?

Oh yea, I have a Sprint CDMA Treo

Any info would be great, thanks, Matt
    i dont have either of these programs, and i get reminded of an sms if I din't acknowledge it or use the treo since.

I can't tell you how long it takes, to get the reminder though.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    I own TreoAlert Manager but do not have it installed and yes it does, but like the above, I frankly have paid no attention to the interval. Ben
    Yep I get this. It's been useful a couple of times when I've been in the middle of something and forgotten about the first alert.
    I have neither of the above programs, and have found that an unread SMS will cause the alert to sound again 20 minutes later. I know this because I used to receive stock quote messages in the afternoon at 4:30p, and if I ignored them, I would inevitably hear the sound again at 4:50. At first, it would prompt me to check and see what the second message was, only there was just the stock message from 4:30.

- Mike
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by mikev
    I have neither of the above programs, and have found that an unread SMS will cause the alert to sound again 20 minutes later. I know this because I used to receive stock quote messages in the afternoon at 4:30p, and if I ignored them, I would inevitably hear the sound again at 4:50. At first, it would prompt me to check and see what the second message was, only there was just the stock message from 4:30.

- Mike
    That's how I found mine, thought I heard three SMS come thru over an hours time, went to check and only had one, I was like..Uhmmm Malfunction/gitch, then I noticed it more often.
    Thanks, Matt
    You are correct. Your phone will continue to tell you you have a SMS until you hit the OK button or the GOTO button. This is not new to this firmware however. My phone has always done it and I have never used the other two apps you talked about
  8.    #8  
    Ronald, There is a snooze option too, will this act like the snooze on the Calendar alarm? I think it does. So you can hit "Done" and it goes away, "GoTo" and it will open the SMS, or "Snooze" and it will remove the poup and then remind you again later, correct?
    You got it.