1.    #1  
    I'm a newbie Treo 600 user. Downloaded Ptunes and have a question. When I play an MP3 file, sound comes out the speaker but not the headset. (I don't have the headphone adapter.) Is there a way to listen to the sound via the included headset?
    No
    Yes, if you hold down the button on the wire that is usually used to pick up or hang up a call, you can hear the music (until you let go of the button). I use a small ruber band to hold down the button, and when my phone rings I just remove the rubber band. You can also use a clip or anything else that will hold down the button.
    Do yourself a favor and get the adapter or better yet one of the Seido choices. It will sound soooooo much better. It is well worth the few bucks.

john
    When I mute the speaker, I can listen to mp3's through the earphone that came with Treo-- without having to hold down any buttons.
    The adapter costs about 5 bucks at Radio Shack. Then you can listen to the music in stereo.
    Palm V-->Visor Deluxe-->Visor Prism-->Visorphone-->Treo 180-->Treo 600-->Treo 650 on Sprint-->Treo 700p-->Centro-->Diamond-->Pre-->HTC EVO 4g???!
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack45208
    When I mute the speaker, I can listen to mp3's through the earphone that came with Treo-- without having to hold down any buttons.
    Cool. Stereo sound is not a priority, since this is mostly for audio books when I have down time for a few minutes. Now, how do I mute? I couldn't find it on ptunes...
    Quote Originally Posted by albertb
    Yes, if you hold down the button on the wire that is usually used to pick up or hang up a call, you can hear the music (until you let go of the button). I use a small ruber band to hold down the button, and when my phone rings I just remove the rubber band. You can also use a clip or anything else that will hold down the button.
    DOH

Even when I was typing my response, I had an inkling to qualify my answer with "as far as I know"

Meanwhile, Jack45208, I also ask, how do you "mute" the speaker?
    Quote Originally Posted by Hubba23
    Do yourself a favor and get the adapter or better yet one of the Seido choices. It will sound soooooo much better. It is well worth the few bucks.

john
    skip the seidio if you are an audiophile. get the adapter and a good pair of third party headsets like from sony or whatever. seidio is not known for their audio reproduction talents
    WASHINGTON (Reuters) - A tragic fire on Monday destroyed the personal library of President George W. Bush. Both of his books have been lost. Presidential spokesman Ari Fleischer said the president was devastated, as he had not finished coloring the second one...
    shopharim, you can mute the speaker the same way you would put your Treo into Silent Mode. On top of your Treo, directly opposite the antennae is a button you can slide to mute your ringer and engage the vibrate mode. That will mute all sounds coming from your speaker, but not from the earpiece if it's connected.
  11.    #11  
    shopharim, you can mute the speaker the same way you would put your Treo into Silent Mode. On top of your Treo, directly opposite the antennae is a button you can slide to mute your ringer and engage the vibrate mode. That will mute all sounds coming from your speaker, but not from the earpiece if it's connected.
    Tried it and it didn't work.

BTW, I don't have ptunes deluxe, if that matters.
    Jack45208, did your Treo come with a standard earpiece? or a 2-in-1 set-up?
    Yep shopharim, I'm just using the basic earpiece that came w/ the Treo 600.

Oldskoolboarder, I'm not sure why it won't work for you. I am using Ptunes deluxe, but I don't think that has anything to do with it. When I have the speaker switched off & my earpiece connected, I can listen to my mp3's & hear all the system sounds. I don't think I've done anything special to my Treo to make this happen.

Anyone else able to do this?
  14.    #14  
    Yep shopharim, I'm just using the basic earpiece that came w/ the Treo 600.

Oldskoolboarder, I'm not sure why it won't work for you. I am using Ptunes deluxe, but I don't think that has anything to do with it. When I have the speaker switched off & my earpiece connected, I can listen to my mp3's & hear all the system sounds. I don't think I've done anything special to my Treo to make this happen.

Anyone else able to do this?
    hmm...maybe it is a deluxe vs. basic issue.
    Hey everyone, just figured out why I could listed to Ptunes through my headset. I thought I was using the headset that came w/ my 600, but I was actually using the one that came w/ my Treo 300. Sorry to lead any of you folks on.
  16.    #16  
    hmm, wonder if that means i can get a treo 300 headset and use that all the time?
    For fun & profit & Christ,
    TWF in Chicago