1.    #1  
    Hi Guys,

Since downloading the latest version PTunes, I now have the ability play WMA files on my Treo 600... could be useful!

Ive not had much experience with WMA's - primarily because I try to avoid Micro$oft attempts to corner the market.

I'd heard that WMA files can offer the same quality as MP3's, but at a much lower file size - great for Card storage.

However, when I tried to convert from MP3 to WMA using "Alt WAV MP3 WMA OGG Converter" (handy right-click conversion tool), the resultant WMA files was in fact a bit BIGGER than the original MP3!!!! Not what I was looking for...

Now, I understand that one can reduce BitRate and Sample Rate.

Just wondering if any one had settled upon any *optimum* settings (small as possible file size yet still (very) reasonable quality) for playback ONLY on a Treo?

(I basically want to set up some sort of Check In / Check Out system to convert files for my Treo, still keeping the original MP3 for other output mediums).

Although I have used audio editing s/ware such as Sound Forge, Im not in anyway musical, so any help would be much apreciated!
    *******Treo 600 on GSM Orange UK*******
    Firmware: 03.04
    Software: Treo600-1.12/1030/03...
    Hardware: B
    Does Apple's iTunes convert WMA to MP3 (or just AAC) on Windows machines?