Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Global Posts
    320 Global Posts
    ^^^ I believe your correct the magician is a new lowcost model (product line), BUT NOT the same product line to my XDA II, there is apparently going to be an XDA IV seperate to the magician...
    oh yeah? there are pictures of the magician, XDA IV or otherwise over at pocketpcthoughts.com
    La Vie En Diaspora: Enfin, une émission qui raconte votre vie aux Etats-Unis

Treo 600 in December '03, Treo 650 in February '05, HTC TyTN Pro in August '06, and back to Treo 750 in January '07, find me at MyTreo.net

About me: story of the 100thMonkey
    There is no known XDA IV picture on the net.

what we have are h6300, h6100, XDAIII, magicians
    great, sit on your self and spin you self rightous SOB
    La Vie En Diaspora: Enfin, une émission qui raconte votre vie aux Etats-Unis

Treo 600 in December '03, Treo 650 in February '05, HTC TyTN Pro in August '06, and back to Treo 750 in January '07, find me at MyTreo.net

About me: story of the 100thMonkey
    Quote Originally Posted by 100thMonkey
    great, sit on your self and spin you self rightous SOB
    Ooooooo.you called somebody a SOB.

Thread Closed!
    Scraps of paper>>Back of my hand>>Kyo 6035>>Treo 600>>Treo 650>>PPC6700(Sold on Fleabay)>>Treo 650>>Treo 700p>>Treo 755p and still thinking about an iPhone
    Little OT but wow speclcajun... that is an awsome pic!
    I’m a lucky man to count on both hands
    The ones I love..

Visor Pro -> Visor Edge -> Treo 180 -> Treo 270 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> T|T2+SE T68i -> Treo 600 -> T-Mobile MDA -> Treo 755p -> Treo 800w -> Treo 755p -> PALM PRE -> Palm Pre 2 -> HP Palm Pre 3

Twittering about
    Quote Originally Posted by suskind
    Yeah how about if they are selling it under 'Dell' rebrand? Maybe you should try to panic now and avoid the rush?
    BenQ P50 rebranded by Dell?!! Ummm... I doubt that. Latest rumors indicate Dell won't release it's smartphone device until 2005 sometime, which obviously wouldn't fit into rumors that the P50 will be released in the next few months...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Global Posts
    320 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 100thMonkey
    oh yeah? there are pictures of the magician, XDA IV or otherwise over at pocketpcthoughts.com
    mmm I was just suggesting that I believed they were actually splitting the line in two, ie magician would be a seperate product line of smaller low cost HTC PPCPE, and we would still get a successor to the XDA III (actually XDA IIs) product line also, I hope it has VGA, please I want a VGA PPCPE
    Quote Originally Posted by bigredgpk
    Little OT but wow speclcajun... that is an awsome pic!
    Glad you like it. It is the cover of a Roxymusic album. Sure do miss vinyl, always had great cover art. And unlike CD's you could actually read the lyrics
    Scraps of paper>>Back of my hand>>Kyo 6035>>Treo 600>>Treo 650>>PPC6700(Sold on Fleabay)>>Treo 650>>Treo 700p>>Treo 755p and still thinking about an iPhone
    The Benq P50 is not PPCPE 2nd Edition it is 1st edition according to the MS Mobiles article.
    The article says Bp50 120mm x 60 x 20 vs Treo 600 112mm x 60 x 22 so pretty similar in size.

http://www.msmobiles.com/news.php/2349.html

Cheers
    VikingBrad
    Last edited by VikingBrad; 09/09/2004 at 07:42 AM. Reason: size correction
    Another competitor Nokia 9300, looks like a normal phone with display but also opens out to landscape with full keyboard and Series 80 symbian os. Size 132 x 51 x 21mm & 167g just on 2cm longer than Treo. See

http://www.engadget.com/entry/1400631295339375/

and official Nokia comparison chart with other Communicator devices

http://www.nokia.com/nokia/0,,62900,00.html

Available 1st qtr 2005

Cheers
    VikingBrad
    Last edited by VikingBrad; 09/09/2004 at 07:57 AM. Reason: availibility
    Global Posts
    320 Global Posts
    SE isn't such a big deal for me if the hardware is good!
    Quote Originally Posted by VikingBrad
    Another competitor Nokia 9300, looks like a normal phone with display but also opens out to landscape with full keyboard and Series 80 symbian os. Size 132 x 51 x 21mm & 167g just on 2cm longer than Treo. See

http://www.engadget.com/entry/1400631295339375/

and official Nokia comparison chart with other Communicator devices

http://www.nokia.com/nokia/0,,62900,00.html

Available 1st qtr 2005

Cheers
    VikingBrad
    Not bad, but doesn't it cost $849 or so? Isn't it also going to be GSM only (hence only compete partially)? For more money, you lose touchscreen, one handed typing, camera, video recorder, etc. Granted in return you get more memory, a bit of a better screen (more landscape, less vertical), EDGE (thought Treo 650 could have that).

To me the real story with this is the 9500 which at a greater cost will have wifi. And the story isn't even that it will have have wifi, but that the wifi in off and idle mode don't kill the battery completely. Keep in mind that it's 1300 mAh and not a 1800 mAh or whatever the Treo 600 came with. For everyone that says wifi would kill the battery, it doesn't have to. It's unfortunate we don't have a test of it simply downloading a Really Big file over wifi until the battery dies. I'd like to see a spec of how long with constant wifi use.
    i do not think benq will be a problem for palm, they have no name in the US---
    Naveen

Current:Cingular 8525 w/Faria R32

Next Phone:
    Something from HTC because Palm sucks, so I want a Touch Pro, Touch HD, or a Treo Pro.
    Global Posts
    320 Global Posts
    ^^^ so no problem if US is the only market Palm wants?
    Quote Originally Posted by bmacfarland
    ... the wifi in off and idle mode don't kill the battery completely. Keep in mind that it's 1300 mAh and not a 1800 mAh or whatever the Treo 600 came with. For everyone that says wifi would kill the battery, it doesn't have to.
    Keep in mind also that as Treo owners we tend/have to be more concerned with battery life because our devices don't come with replaceable batteries.
    You may be right; I may be crazy. But, the Treo may be just the device I've been looking for.
    After having this treo... that benQ is looking pretty apealing. Faster, better screen, better shape. Score! Too bad I wont be able to afford one now :-(.
    Quote Originally Posted by speclcajun
    Glad you like it. It is the cover of a Roxymusic album. Sure do miss vinyl, always had great cover art. And unlike CD's you could actually read the lyrics
    Hey, I've got that album -- "Country Life", written just above that pic and the CD cover is the same...

Avalon is one of my favorite albums, too...

Regards,
    Quote Originally Posted by Rodolfo
    Keep in mind also that as Treo owners we tend/have to be more concerned with battery life because our devices don't come with replaceable batteries.
    Every report of the Treo Ace has mentioned a replaceable battery. Everyone seems to assume that to have wifi available, you use it all the time and drain your battery. It's a choice. If you are going to be away from a charging place for a long time, don't use wifi. If you are at a charger 12 hours of the waking day like I am, then batteries never become an issue. I don't think I've gotten lower than 75% in 2-3 months.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12