Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    When I select an attachment to download, the status bar at the top of the screen indicates the attachment I want, and gets stuck at 0%.

When I check the download, the message box indicates 0% and gets stuck there ...

Any help would be appreciated.

D
    I'm looking into this.

Marc
    Quote Originally Posted by davidfi01
    When I select an attachment to download, the status bar at the top of the screen indicates the attachment I want, and gets stuck at 0%.

When I check the download, the message box indicates 0% and gets stuck there ...

Any help would be appreciated.

D
    Is this from a message that was brought into Chatter before the latest betas came out?
    I _think_ you need to relaod the folders to get the attachments to read in right.
    same thing was happening to me it was a new attachment i sent myself and it will hang up at 0
    Fred
    Marc:

this might help. It might not. But I can produce that symptom by trying to load an attachment that has been forwarded. It happens 100% of the time. Instead of reloading (before you perfected the command), and not knowing about leaving sync and erasing the folder, the only way I could figure to obtain some attachments I wanted from older mail was to forward the mail with attachments to myself; it appeared in the folder as new mail, of course, but trying to load the attachment produced the 0% loading, in perpetuity. I had to reset the whole phone to call a halt to it. Hope that helps pinpoint it.
    Is someone saying that the NEW version (1.0b10.3) is having the same problem. I know that two people who emailed me with problems are both working fine now.

Marc
    The problem I described occurred with today's early version (10b3) reproducibly. The funny (?) thing is I just posted yesterday that I didn't understand all this crash talk because through ten versions, mine NEVER crashed. Now with today's 2 versions, besides the problem described above it crashes frequently. Never did before!!
    Last edited by mdavis; 09/07/2004 at 06:56 PM.
    Ah. Would somebody who is having trouble with attachments please send me a log showing the loading of the message and the problem loading the attachment. Without this, I don't know where to begin (they all work for me, and from others who had earlier had problems).

Marc
    mdavis: "it crashes frequently". Can you provide some more information about what was going on, or a log?

Marc
    Should I have to use the premium edition of Documents to Go to view a word document attachment? I tried using the viewer that came with the Treo and it tells me that I can't view that file type so (after I deleted and reinstalled D to G several times) I downloaded the premium edition and now I can see the attachments.

Edit: Somehow, installing the premium version and reinstalling the free version on top of it made the free version work again. I'm in business viewing docs now.
    Last edited by lb505; 09/07/2004 at 08:42 PM.
    Weird. I can't explain it! (But I'm glad it's working!)

Marc
    Quote Originally Posted by mblank
    mdavis: "it crashes frequently". Can you provide some more information about what was going on, or a log?

Marc
    Luckily, as I was on the plane tonight I was logging and it crashed at that moment so if I'm lucky I have a log with the crash--one of four that I had today that I never experienced in any previous version. IN this one I was loading a rather small Word doc file that was attached and it loaded up to 90% and then indicated it was fully loaded, even though it said 90. When I tried to then load and save, or whatever you do with the attachments (I followed the instructions as I downloaded the attachment) it just crashed. I replicated it again by reloading that particular email and it happened again, the same partial loading which I checked on FileZ and I could see that the file was smaller than the attachment (in fact at one point I think it had uploaded two versions of the attachment, but neither was the full document). In any event, when I tried to save and read the document from Chatter, it crashed. You will see better when I send you the log, assuming I caught it accurately. You will also see an overloading incident when it attempted to load all 300 emails but apparently you have fixed this in the latest version anyway. Long story short: I'll send you the log.
    The fact that it finishes when it says 90% doesn't mean it wasn't all loaded. It just means that the screen didn't update after the 90%. If you got the "Loaded: <filename>" message, it finished loading.

I'm not sure what you mean by "load and save". Once a file is loaded, it can be opened.

Logs don't really show much about attachments, except the loading part, so I'm not sure what I'll see. It would be interested to see what the error is (in the phone app, with ##377 or #*377).

Marc
    24 hours later, this could be misleading, but I recall only this one crash so the info may still be valid and it indicates a DTG failure, I think:

A crash occurred on 9/7/04 at 20:19 while running "Documents":
    MemoryMgr.c,
    Line:3654,Free handle

I sent you a log as soon as I came in, so you might be able to locate the events surrounding this.

As I said though, there were two copies of the file, both of different, but smaller than expected size.

BUT!!!::: When I came in last night and loaded up your latest version, 1.0b10.4, I went back to the same attachment after reloading and it loaded, displayed, and saved fine. So whatever it was, maybe it's fixed...?
    what attachments are supported, because i'm having problems where emails that have attachments are not showing up with anything being attached... the only file type i can see that triggers the attachment downloading is htm... i've done tests with .doc and .jpg

-edit-
    i got .xls to load, but the file doesn't open properly with documents to go...
    Treo 800w 8/08
    Nokia N800
    previously: Treo 700wx 12/06, Sprint 6700 3/06; Treo 650 11/04; Treo 600 1/04 (gone); Samsung i500 (gone); Hitachi G1000 11/03 (gone); Nokia 7110 5/00(best phone ever)
    I've had no problem with xls, jpg, doc, and txt.

Did you reload your messages?

Marc
    I get docs easily.
    kenundrum - I have one other user who has a message with an attachment that doesn't show up. I'd be interested it seeing it, if it's possible.

Marc
    i'm not sure if this is related, but I'm getting crashed trying to open attachments. The attachment will load and i click on the loaded icon from the side menu, but when I click open, it resets. ##377 gives this:

while running "ChatterEmail"

Preferences.c, Line:271, Pref DB Open Error
    loudpocket - Is this repeatable? If so, could you contact me via email at chatteremail@fastmail.fm - I can send you a special logging version for debugging attachment issues.

Marc
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast