Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Results 61 to 71 of 71
  1. #61  
    Quote Originally Posted by perry_rob
    Could you people just once - just ONCE - stay on topic?????

    Good Grief??? As if there aren't enough threads arguing about the features or perceived lack thereof on the 650.

    Can people who make their first post also stay on topic?


    I'm not certain what the big deal is about OT thread in this case since a release date is pure speculation at this unofficial time anyway.

    This was an informative thread and was serving it's purpose by answer questions. I for one never worry about getting OT when the thread itself can't be anything other then speculation.
    Moose Man
    Welcome my son, welcome to the machine.
    iPhone 3G, Treo 750, 680, 650, 600 and T5, T3, T, M515, M505, Vx, V, Prizm, Visor, IIIc, IIIe, Palm Pilot Professional, Palm Pilot (ok boys and girls a whopping 128k of memory - those were the days) and former Palm Beta tester.
  2. TxDot's Avatar
    Posts
    892 Posts
    Global Posts
    916 Global Posts
    #62  
    Quote Originally Posted by dutchtrumpet
    What number did you call? I just talked to two people with NO clue

    thanks!

    If you dont want to post it can you PM me?
    1-888-253-1315
  3. ls3mach's Avatar
    Posts
    659 Posts
    Global Posts
    746 Global Posts
    #63  
    Quote Originally Posted by perry_rob
    Could you people just once - just ONCE - stay on topic?????

    Good Grief??? As if there aren't enough threads arguing about the features or perceived lack thereof on the 650.

    Take your own advice??? Ahh heck, you beter go OT again, and reprimand me for going OT. HYPOCRITE
  4. #64  
    Quote Originally Posted by dutchtrumpet
    Bluetooth and wi-fi were promised through SDIO functionality. Search my posts and see the pic I posted of my original handspring box.
    I found this statement on the CURRENT PalmOne website...talking about the availability of wi-fi functions via 3rd party SDIO cards... IMO they better make the Treo 650 Wi-Fi capable...since they're claiming it would be possible when they sold the 600!!! Sounds like a class action suit to me!

    go to this link and scroll to the bottom of the page...
    Treo W-i-Fi
    Treo 650 GSM Unlocked-TMobile
  5. #65  
    Quote Originally Posted by paris
    I found this statement on the CURRENT PalmOne website...talking about the availability of wi-fi functions via 3rd party SDIO cards... IMO they better make the Treo 650 Wi-Fi capable...since they're claiming it would be possible when they sold the 600!!! Sounds like a class action suit to me!

    go to this link and scroll to the bottom of the page...
    Treo W-i-Fi
    I think in a court of law, the burden of proof would lie on you proving that it's not possible for a 3rd party manufacturer to make one. Palm could claim that they (3rd parties) didn't or they simply didn't hard enough to (i.e. didn't want to write their drivers). I think you're only hope of winning would be bringing SanDisk or other wi-fi makers to the stand, and getting them to testify that it's not possible because there isn't enough power provided by the hardware to make it work with any of today's technology. Doing such a thing would get very ugly.

    I'd wish you luck and think that in the spirit of the law you are right, however I think you might get tripped up in a technicality.
  6. #66  
    The Asst. Manager at the local Sprint store here in the Chicago burbs claims the new Treo will be here next month.

    Dave
  7. #67  
    Quote Originally Posted by bmacfarland
    I think in a court of law, the burden of proof would lie on you proving that it's not possible for a 3rd party manufacturer to make one. Palm could claim that they (3rd parties) didn't or they simply didn't hard enough to (i.e. didn't want to write their drivers). I think you're only hope of winning would be bringing SanDisk or other wi-fi makers to the stand, and getting them to testify that it's not possible because there isn't enough power provided by the hardware to make it work with any of today's technology. Doing such a thing would get very ugly.

    I'd wish you luck and think that in the spirit of the law you are right, however I think you might get tripped up in a technicality.
    Ultimately, the last sentence probably says it all.

    I understand the issues of technology, and hinted future capabilities / expandability. Both HS and Sprint advertised that with the SD slot, BT and WiFi would be forthcoming. I believe that this was wrong because the design of the phone prevented either from being possible. SD based BT and WiFi were available last October - the issue was "drivers" for the OS. We've now learned the issue was way beyond drivers.

    This isn't an issue either in terms of adoption of technology or the risk of an item becoming obsolete faster than one would wish. I have no real regrets going to the 600 from my 300. I'm just not as thrilled with PalmOne as I used to be - or see at this time a compelling reason to spend another several hundred dollars with P1 for the 650 at this time unless there is a major functional reason to do so - like full BT (data and voice) and WiFi (VOIP not needed).
  8. #68  
    Do we know (100% sure) that it's the power isn't enough. I know there were posts and claims by SD makers, but did they really come out and say it and challenge PalmOne to refute it. Did PalmOne acknowledge it? If not it could be a blame game situation when one side says it's not enough power and another says it is. We would need an expert.
  9. #69  
    I guess the bottom line is...be VERY CAREFUL about promises for 'future' cababilites of the Treo 650 (if you decide to buy)...because it appears that Palm might not be too good at fullfilling their promises for future upgrades, etc. If it's not in there when you buy it...it may never be!
    Treo 650 GSM Unlocked-TMobile
  10. #70  
    Quote Originally Posted by RSGMOOSE
    Can people who make their first post also stay on topic?


    I'm not certain what the big deal is about OT thread in this case since a release date is pure speculation at this unofficial time anyway.

    This was an informative thread and was serving it's purpose by answer questions. I for one never worry about getting OT when the thread itself can't be anything other then speculation.
    Why does it matter whether or not it was my first post? Aren't newcomers welcome to the forum?

    And it is obvious that you don't mind goint "OT."

    I was following this thread FOR the speculation on a release date. But that is blown so I bet someone starts ANOTHER thread that will start with something like "I heard from xxxxx that XXXXX the XXth will be the DAY!"
  11. #71  
    Quote Originally Posted by perry_rob
    "I heard from xxxxx that XXXXX the XXth will be the DAY!"
    That's a lot of X.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Posting Permissions