1.    #1  
    Found out something else about BC - if you set it so that BC is the only thing that syncs with Outlook, this means that only the BC contact database (not the built-in palm contact database) gets updated. This is a problem since the phone's caller id (as well as SnapperMail) depend on the numbers/emails being in the built-in database.

You can make it so that BC syncs some phone/email info into the built-in database (options in the BC hotsync conduit), but it only puts the first 5 (total) numbers/email addresses in the built-in one. This is a problem for me with some contacts that I have more than 5 numbers for, since any extra ones get left off, including potentially an email address. I discovered this when I was trying to compose an email to someone in Snappermail - it could't find their email address in the built-in contacts database.

I guess this means that it will be necessary to synchronize the built-in database with Outlook, as well as the BC database. This sucks since it is redundant data, and it takes up much more memory than necessary.

However, I will continue to use it (and sync both BC and the Palm DBs separately and redundantly), since I really do like the presentation that BC gives, and the fact that has the data in every field of Outlook.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hark
    However, I will continue to use it (and sync both BC and the Palm DBs separately and redundantly), since I really do like the presentation that BC gives, and the fact that has the data in every field of Outlook.
    I agree. I've pretty much decided that I am going to try using Beyond Contacts w/o the e-mail component (which I actually like) and use Verizon's Wireless Sync (WS)Mail program. Hopefully this will give me the best of both worlds. I will lose the WS capability with respect to my contacts, calendar, todos, and memos. But at least I will get the best Outlook compatability, which I prefer, while retaining the wireless e-mail, which, though not perfect, is pretty good. Like you, I prefer the presentation that BC gives.

About my only concern at this point is that I might not be able to disable WS's conduits to contacts, calendar, todos, and memos. I can suspend updates requested from the PDA via the WS application. But I can't suspend it from their desktop redirector. Hmmm..... hope this doesn't become too messy.