1.    #1  
    I am fed up with Best Buy and there service. Those who bought their Treos in the past at best buy with the warranty, knows that when you have a problem with the phone , they usually just take the phone, no hassles...Well that day is over. Since I been having the network search issue. I decided to take it in...well the "tech" service dude looks at it for 20 seconds and blames it on the low bars (mind you, the phone can roam). then he claims " well we are in a building made of steel". So after a 5 minute shouting match with the dumb azz in which I let it be know, that I had a warranty, a broke phone which I demostrated to him several times and my receipt, I decided to talk to the manager....This is what he tells me:

• I have to go to a sprint store, have them run a diagnostic
    if its fail, then either go back to the store or call the 1800 number .

Has anyone gone through this issue recently.? I will never buy a phone from Best Buy again
    never buy a warranty. yet another victim of the "warranty" scam :P
    WASHINGTON (Reuters) - A tragic fire on Monday destroyed the personal library of President George W. Bush. Both of his books have been lost. Presidential spokesman Ari Fleischer said the president was devastated, as he had not finished coloring the second one...
    The only warranty worth anything is the amex buyers assurance. it's free, and they actually pay with limited hassle.

I have found most "store" extended warranties to be shyte.
    And to make things worse, the Treo 600 is in such short supply and is so expensive that they might do everything they can to not exchange it

Does someone have experience in dealing with insurances provided by Cingular, T-Mobile or other Providers? they cost around $4-$5 / mo.
  5.    #5  
    But you know...the original warranty was ok. I had the Treo 300, it broke last year and they gave me the 600 , no hassle...Now I must agree its shytty. I am going to just ride this 600 til the new phone comes out, then I am switching service providers, as long as they have the 600
    Just calm down and go to the sprint store and have them do a diagnostic. Likely they'll ship you a refurb, which ain't bad as they are VERY checked out, or hand you a new one.

Calm down. Many have been through this.
    Quote Originally Posted by zehubert
    And to make things worse, the Treo 600 is in such short supply and is so expensive that they might do everything they can to not exchange it

Does someone have experience in dealing with insurances provided by Cingular, T-Mobile or other Providers? they cost around $4-$5 / mo.
    Sprint uses Lockline and I had my 1st Treo replaced due to a spill. Painless, only cost me the $35.00 replacement cost. (plus got to keep the damaged unit, which was fixed with some alcohol). Another solution found here on TC's Forum.

Second replacement was due to the infamous "Network Search" issue and it is very frustrating. Take it to your Carrier and insist on a replacement and be sure to mention that it is a known problem. My Tech guy was a lil reluctant and I had to mention the Forum and that this was not an isolated case. More of a pain but they replaced the unit in a week with a refurb.

Persist! Persist!
    "Everyday is a Gift, A Blessing, An Opportunity!" - GM

Phone history: Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo Centro, Pixi, Centro again, 800w, Treo 755p, Palm Pre