Global Posts
    566 Global Posts
    Does anyone know how to clear or reset the call log?
    Go to the call log, hit menu. The last item is "Purge..." It gives you several choices based on how far back you want to delete the log. The default is to purge (delete) all entries in the log.
    Global Posts
    566 Global Posts
    the problem is that when I goto the call log the phone does a soft rest. i can get to the actual window. can i get a file or something?
    It sounds like your call log DB is corrupt.

Try this...

1. Rename the file PhoneCallDB.PDB in the Backup directory on your PC to something else (like PhoneCallDB_old.PDB).
    The file should be in the path .../your Hotsync Name/Backup

2. Install a utility like FileZ (freeware) to find the file on your Treo called PhoneCallDB.PDB

3. Delete this file from your Treo.

4. HotSync your Treo.

You should now be able to access the Call Log screen and the log will be empty.

Hope it works for you.
    www.gsmworld.com
    Global Posts
    566 Global Posts
    THANK YOU!

Im gonna try it right now.
    Global Posts
    566 Global Posts
    Just did it. I cant express how much i appreciate you taking the time out to respond. I need my call log allot.

thanks dude,.
    nzmoko

My Treo 650 (I know this is a Treo 600 forum, but hopefully your methods will work with the 650 also) went into a reset loop (continuously cycled in and out of reset) during syncronization to my IBM laptop and I couldn't get it to stop, so I had to do a hard reset (a soft or system reset didn't work). After finally getting everyting reloaded from the backup on my laptop, the communication during syncronization between the Treo and laptop failed while the system was backing up "PhoneCallDB".

To attempt to correct this, I used your method of renaming the PhoneCallDB.pdb file and then used FileZ to delete the file from the Treo. Now the syncronization doesn't hang, however now there is no indication that the PhoneCallDB.pdb file is being backed up either, at least there is no indication of it.

Any ideas on how to get the system to now back up the call log?

Thanks in advance for your input.