Global Posts
    417 Global Posts
    Recently bought smartphonetools to track minutes (after seeing positive reivews here). But it appears that it does not account for holidays being non-peak minutes (like today!). So unless I'm missing something, about half the months could have the total peak time significantly off, especially if using the treo a lot on the holiday.

The developer states he is planning to address this, but it will be awhile. Minutes Plus handled this great on the kyo 7135 (but that doesn't track data on the treo). Anyone have a "workaround" for this, or do you just mentally keep track of minutes used on holidays and subtract them from total peak minutes?
    Never noticed. I have SmartPhoneTools too but I uninstalled it because I cannot use MMS to send / receive picture messages or text messages longer than 140 characters. I told the developer about this almost two months ago and he has not addressed it yet.

Derek
    Hi,

I am sorry we can not just add the feature as a quick fix.

Please keep in mind that the application let's you know if you are over your plan. With a holiday, you actually have more peek time then usually and hence will be using free air time.

There are 2 work around:

The first is a manual one:

Simply add your locals' holiday minutes to the plan on the
    Configure Calling Plan->Peek screen for the month.

The second would be more automatic and would require the use of the Rollover minute manager to adjust the minutes.

In either case you can calculate the holiday minutes used by using the Call Exporter to export the call log to a PC (Sorry no Mac version).

Until we add the feature, I hope one of these options will work for you.

The update will be posed at www.SmartPhoneTools.com

Thank you,

David
    Global Posts
    417 Global Posts
    David-

"Please keep in mind that the application let's you know if you are over your plan. With a holiday, you actually have more peek time then usually and hence will be using free air time."

This does not really help. Let's say I have a 400 minute/month peak plan. I use the phone for 100 minutes on a holiday. Later in the month, as I'm looking at usage, I see that I'm rapidly getting near my 400 minutes, but there's still a week left in the cycle. What I *don't* know is how close I really am to that actual 400 minute mark (unless I was keeping track of the holiday usage, which is obviously not what anyone wants to do, since it's non-peak).

Anyway, thanks for the workarounds. I found one other in addition. Using takephone, I simply deleted the holiday calls from the call log (you might consider adding "delete" to the various options in your call log listing). I don't really care about accuracy of non-peak minutes (since it's unlimited). That should work until the app is updated...
    Quote Originally Posted by computerfixitguy
    Never noticed. I have SmartPhoneTools too but I uninstalled it because I cannot use MMS to send / receive picture messages or text messages longer than 140 characters. I told the developer about this almost two months ago and he has not addressed it yet.

Derek
    Hi Derek,

Did you ever try to uncheck the Log data and set the net delay to 0?
    Quote Originally Posted by pdadoc
    (you might consider adding "delete" to the various options in your call log listing)...
    I am glad you found a fix.....

Have a look at the Records menu. Delete is an option and we support single, contiguous and non contiguous selection of records (Please see the PDF for instructions)
    Global Posts
    417 Global Posts
    whoops- missed that (just looked at bottom buttons). Thanks-
    Yeah...That happens....: The real estate on the UI is very limited and there are a lot of feature packed in the menus. We also support one key commands, take a look at the manual there is a good table that lists the features and hot keys
    Yes, Smartphonetools worked fine with the Snappermail when I set the log data and delay to 0. However I cannot use MMS. It is only a real problem when an inbound sms is greater than 140 characters because TMO converts to MMS. Which I get the alert but it will not retrieve them. The MMS app just times out. Error connecting to server.

Derek
    Global Posts
    417 Global Posts
    One other thought for the next upgrade.... The ability to "manually" adjust minutes would be very helpful. For those buying the app in the middle of their month, they could immediately have accurate information. More importantly, for those of us who use features like call forwarding (I work a few days/month at a place where the cell phone doesn't reach, and it's great forwarding the cell phone to the land line), it will allow us to adjust for those forwarded minutes which the app simply cannot track (those forwarded minutes come out of regular minutes on verizon).
    Quick question: If I set the Net Delay to "0" does that disable the net connection disconnection in SmartPhoneTools Pro ?

And How intrusive/compatible is your data logging function with programs like Chatter and it's Offline/Qsync functions that are handled in the background ? I ended up turning off your log function when I noticed issues in Chatter BUT Chatter has also evolved and not sure if the problems were entirely related to your program.
    Quote Originally Posted by MacInfo
    Quick question: If I set the Net Delay to "0" does that disable the net connection disconnection in SmartPhoneTools Pro ?
    It disables the delayed disconnect.

Quote Originally Posted by MacInfo
    And How intrusive/compatible is your data logging function with programs like Chatter and it's Offline/Qsync functions that are handled in the background ? I ended up turning off your log function when I noticed issues in Chatter BUT Chatter has also evolved and not sure if the problems were entirely related to your program.
    We only monitoir if the NetLib is open. So it should be somw what
    non-intrusive and compatible.