1.    #1  
    sorry but i have a new treo 300 and i am having a difficult time getting started

1) i have pop3 mail for biz and personal and cant set it up

2) i plugged the usb cable into my computer in an effort to transfer my contacts/calender from desktop to treo - how do i transfer?

3) the mail icon in button right takes me to memos - how do i change that?

4) how do i bookmark sites (google, mapquest to web usage)

5) what else can i learn or any other tips to get going? phone is only real thing i have used to date

thanks so much in advance
    1) -not sure, i use AOL

2) you need to install the palm desktop and then it should find your phone and sync

3) under preferences/buttons

4) play with blazer's menus and you will find lots of stuff including bookmarks

5) read through this board for lots of info
    Change is a challenge to the adventurous, an opportunity to the alert, a threat to the insecure.
  3.    #3  
    thanks - good stuff - how do i make sure i dont get charged minutes when i was using wireless internet and than get a phone # - does it automatically end online session?

any tips to prevent gets lots of minutes used?

thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by gsjiv
    thanks - good stuff - how do i make sure i dont get charged minutes when i was using wireless internet and than get a phone # - does it automatically end online session?

any tips to prevent gets lots of minutes used?

thanks
    Do you have vision? If so and it is not one of the original per Mb plans, then it is unlimited with no worries on usage. If you're on a 2meg plan or similar, then there is software out there to track usage. If you're using vision casually (no data plan whatsoever), then I'd strongly recommend some program to track usage, as you'll be charged per kb used.

You'll not receive phone calls while data is actively transmitting (directional arrows green.) When the arrows are greyed out (which is often the case) you will receive phone calls etc. You are only being charged for vision when the arrows are green and data is transferring, even if the connection is active, so you don't really have to end a session, disconnect, or worry like some of the verizon folks have had issues with lately(billing system issues.)

An important distinction. Data usage does not come out of minutes, but is charged by the kilobyte. Data usage used to come out of minutes when it was 2g, but that is not the case for a Treo 300, which uses vision (3g.)
    Global Posts
    379 Global Posts
    I have the unlimited plan for the net but some times I think if I turned off pictures and just downloaded data it would take a lot of K's at .01 per K to make up $15.00 in a month.
    I use Eudora Mail which is free and was easy to set up for my email accounts.
    Terry
  6.    #6  
    How do I get the treo 300 to notify me whenever an email comes through -whether my treo is on or off - i want it to be like a blackberry that notifies you anytime a new message comes in - with of course the power to silence that

And the dates of incoming mail are all whacked out and I fixed it to be EST in preferences but not working - how do i adjust the dates of incoming emails to be accuraate?

Finally, i signed up with snappemail - do people recommed this ? i will be using POP 3 for work and yahoo - the attachment download things that is sent to trial members, do I have to pay for them after trial ends if I want to download word attachments for example?

thanks eveyone
  7.    #7  
    and yes i have vision - $15 a month - unlimited data they said