Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Good catch! He's running two different "stores", lifeforcesales and Powermartsales. I think
    I'll let eBay know.....
    http://www.doctordalai.com
    Quote Originally Posted by jimHy
    There was a auction posted on ebay, for a 650 with lots of very clear pictures.

The auction was removed and the seller claimed that the treo would be coming from Europe.

Lots of very clear pictures of all angles with tech desripition.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...sPageName=WDVW

You have to long on to ebay to view since it is listed as a completed auction
    That's weird. I had read that the memory was no different than the 600 but it is listed as 64mgs.
    Got a response back from eBay on the seller... As an aside, he has two identities, and left feedback for one from the other one, a definate no-no.

Hello,

My name is Perry, and thank you for taking the time to write eBay with
    your concerns. I'm happy to help you further.

Thank you for providing us with the details about this situation with
    <<<<Powermartstore >>>.

We are equally concerned about violations on the site, and have
    thoroughly investigated your report. Please be assured that we have
    taken appropriate action in accordance with our site policies. Our
    actions may include removing feedback, issuing a warning, temporary
    suspension, indefinite suspension or terminating the membership.

As you may know, we are unable to provide specific information regarding
    the result of our investigation to third party members. Please
    understand that this is for the protection of all eBay users. However,
    we can tell you that our records indicate the user you are reporting is
    currently not a registered eBay user.

We appreciate your assistance in keeping eBay a fun and safe place to
    trade.

Regards,

Perry
    eBay SafeHarbor
    Investigations Team
    http://www.doctordalai.com
    Ebay sucks big time when it come to "investigations". I have been ripped off on ebay and they probable did nothing.
    caveat emptor
    Quote Originally Posted by sir_mycroft
    caveat emptor
    What do you mean?
    Quote Originally Posted by BssinRVer
    Ebay sucks big time when it come to "investigations". I have been ripped off on ebay and they probable did nothing.
    Yeah, don't count on them to get your money back. It smells like a Scam big time. It reminds me of the guy who was trying to sell an Xbox-box ...
    What do you mean?
    caveat emptor = "let the buyer beware"
    If you bought a car from someone after seeing a classified ad in the newspaper, and the car was no good, would you call the newspaper and ask them to help get your money back?
    Volvo-driving, Sushi-eating, Latte-sipping Liberals Against Stereotypes.
    My experience doesn't support this. I had an issue with a seller not delivering and reported it to eBay. They in turn created a fraud claim, and once investigated gave me back my money. They also banned the seller. The process did take 8 weeks, but eBay did end up fixing the situation to my satisfaction.

Also, if you use PayPal, you can cover yourself with their buyer protection. On expensive items, the extra $10 or so might save you hundreds.
    Quote Originally Posted by ToonFan
    If you bought a car from someone after seeing a classified ad in the newspaper, and the car was no good, would you call the newspaper and ask them to help get your money back?
    It's different, with a car in a newspaper you would still be able to meet the seller in person and inspect the car before you bought it. You don't have that opportunity with online auctions. Also, the paper only makes money on the ad, not based on the selling price as does eBay. If the item doesn't sell, eBay still gets a listing fee, just like a newspaper. But if it does sell, eBay makes more money. Since eBay benifts from higher selling prices, they need to act as the mediator.

My .02.
    Quote Originally Posted by jimbear
    Did anyone else notice the ***** left feedback for him/her self?
    Has anyone tried to email this loser?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12