Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    No, not when the battery has NEVER been discharged that low in my possession . Also, not when I goes from 65 percent to the red x and the next time it goes from 80 percent to the red X after a full charge.

No, this is not always the user's fault. The battery component may be defective.
    La Vie En Diaspora: Enfin, une émission qui raconte votre vie aux Etats-Unis

Treo 600 in December '03, Treo 650 in February '05, HTC TyTN Pro in August '06, and back to Treo 750 in January '07, find me at MyTreo.net

About me: story of the 100thMonkey
    Quote Originally Posted by 100thMonkey
    No, not when the battery has NEVER been discharged that low in my possession . Also, not when I goes from 65 percent to the red x and the next time it goes from 80 percent to the red X after a full charge.

No, this is not always the user's fault. The battery component may be defective.
    Perhaps your Battery Charge Indicator needed Recalibration
    Originally Posted by ArcBody on 05/24/2004
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...15&postcount=3
    Blademonkey ~
    After 30 or so charges, you may have to "drain" your battery to recalibrate the Charge / Gauge.
    Originally Posted by ArcBody on 5/23/2004
    http://discuss.treocentral.com/showp...97&postcount=7
    Treo 600 Lithium-Ion Battery "care & Feeding" is up to you.
    The following link covers the basic facts and factors for user protocol.
    http://www.batteryuniversity.com/parttwo-34.htm
    The following link describes the unique charging cycle.
    http://www.national.com/appbriefs/files/AppBrief101.pdf
    I tried the P1 recommended battery reset disconnect twice and that didn't work

BTW, what's with all the bold?

Treo 600 in December '03, Treo 650 in February '05, HTC TyTN Pro in August '06, and back to Treo 750 in January '07, find me at MyTreo.net

I tried the P1 recommended battery reset disconnect twice and that didn't work
    BTW, what's with all the bold?
    Systems and components fail, hence my frequent reference to MTBF.

With Li-Ion batteries, user induced failure is not uncommon.

I assume you use bold for clarity, emphasis or "emphasis added", as I do.

Looking for a smartphone with GSM 850/1900 and EDGE, what do you say:

Treo 650? BenQ P50? SE P1000? HTC MDA IV?

who will deliver EDGE to me?

Mtbf?

Mtbf?
    Mean Time Between Failure

A common term in the world of QA / QC / Mil-Spec / Mil-DoD

An integral factor used to model Failure Prediction and Repair / Replace Programs.
  7.    #27  
    i prefer to use SNAFU or FUBAR in place of MTBF
    Quote Originally Posted by hofo_mofo
    i prefer to use SNAFU or FUBAR in place of MTBF
    Hey hofo_mofo, WtFMF. What's your 20

Situation Normal All F'd Up

F'd Up Beyond All Repair

Gotta Love it!
  9.    #29  
    heheh

okeydokey i called rogers...and now what i have to do is deliver it to a store here in ottawa...and they will send it off, and need be issue me a new phone once they examine it...now i gotta pray that they have replacement phones on hand...
  10.    #30  
    update: rogers will not support my rogers treo 600

palmone has made me to do a battery disconnect...which i dunno if i got it work..but now i gotta wait...so far...nothing...im no better off from where i started..urge to kill rising
  11.    #31  
    okay no change...X still there calling back palmone
  12.    #32  
    yay victory is mine...a new treo should be coming in 7-10 days
    kewl man

14.    #34  
    and i think i got thru without having to pay the 35-40 CAD..the first hindu lady wanted me too...but then the other two hindu men i got to talk to never brought it up

heheh my first call to the mother land
    Quote Originally Posted by hofo_mofo
    and i think i got thru without having to pay the 35-40 CAD..the first hindu lady wanted me too...but then the other two hindu men i got to talk to never brought it up

heheh my first call to the mother land
    so you called rogers or palmone? who offered to do a replacement?
    WASHINGTON (Reuters) - A tragic fire on Monday destroyed the personal library of President George W. Bush. Both of his books have been lost. Presidential spokesman Ari Fleischer said the president was devastated, as he had not finished coloring the second one...
  16.    #36  
    palmone
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12