Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by beelzebueb
    cywong - how are prices in malaysia compared to

singapore?
    thailand?
    Don't know about Thailand, but in KL, Treo 600 was launched at around the same price as Singapore, approx US$700, without plan.
  2. ms8
    Quote Originally Posted by beelzebueb
    so tickle your elec guy ms8 - when's that minute you get one? any hints?

waiting can be a terrible experience

Wish I knew.... Also trying to squeeze some info out of the marketing guys at Singtel.
    at platinum, a major treo seller here in bangkok, they havent seen the 650 yet. they think it will arrive in about a month.
  4.    #24  
    Seems like it will be 2 weeks to a months..Cool.. Hopefully its here before November.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Just a little while before Christmas will be great. Now I need to convince my wife it is a needed puchase...

With the new BlackBerry out, they better hurry the Treo 650 to market or everyone will have a new phone already.
    That is what I am saying also, Treo better hurry up or I will jump ship and go with the Nokia 9500 or the 9300.
    But aren't they still built like bricks?
    Great functionality and all, but do they actually fit in your pockets?
    Just curious...
    I'm in Singapore next month. Hope it is out by then. Any good retailers that you could recommend? - Phone only no contract!
    Those Nokia bricks are really popular in jakarta. Every business man has one. 90% only use the phone.
    Quote Originally Posted by John Kenney
    Those Nokia bricks are really popular in jakarta. Every business man has one. 90% only use the phone.
    Yep, I noticed that as well when i was there a month ago.
    They always carry them in-hand though.
    Never noticed one stuffed inside a pocket.
    In hand or on the belt. It seems if you don't have one (or the xda, either model) you are not a serious businessman.

Treo 600 was a hit when it first came out, but there s many quality problems that many were returned and when the xda 2 came out, the Treos were dead in the water.

I am surprised that Palm ignores Indonesia, the 4th biggest country in the world, with lots of business people who like to keep up with the latest.

Greater Jakarta alone has 18 million people.
  12.    #32  
    Well yet another service provider in HK..Sunday has dropped prices on the Treo and are offering special service plans with this phone that are only valid until November 04.
    In hand or on the belt. It seems if you don't have one (or the xda, either model) you are not a serious businessman.
    Heh...

Treo 600 was a hit when it first came out, but there s many quality problems that many were returned and when the xda 2 came out, the Treos were dead in the water.
    True. Got mine from Triyaso back in Oct of last year. I'm using my 3rd unit now. Retailers here don't like selling the 600 because of the quality problems. They are actually promoting the O2 over the 600 to their customers.

I am surprised that Palm ignores Indonesia, the 4th biggest country in the world, with lots of business people who like to keep up with the latest.

Greater Jakarta alone has 18 million people.
    Short answer is the collective buying power. I'm willing to bet there are more Treos sold in Singapore (3 mill. pop.) than in whole Jakarta.
    Maybe, but that would only be because the people in Jakarta are buying Nokias and xdas. The amount of disposible income in Jakarta is staggering, though nothing now like it was in the days before the economic crisis.

A pretty big percentage of the tourist income in Singapore is from Indonesians.
    Quote Originally Posted by bongmaster
    Just got back from Singapore and I was told by a few retailers that the 650 was expected later this month hence they did not have the 600 in stock. I needed to buy a 600 as I lost my phone while on a business trip there.

This morning I stopped by PCCW in Hong Kong and they had the 600 available. I asked the sales guys about the 650. They claimed that they were informed about a new model due early in October but they were not sure yet.

Is there anyone here from Singapore who can get us some concrete info?
    That sucks! I lost my Treo 600 last week in Singapore. Fell right out of my pocket while at a food court and I didn't even notice. I'm really hoping the 650 is out soon! Hopefully it comes out in October when I get back to California.

Nate
    Quote Originally Posted by CoffeeCup
    I'm in Singapore next month. Hope it is out by then. Any good retailers that you could recommend? - Phone only no contract!
    You can try Mustafa's or Funan Mall ...

or hmmm Simlim mall

You guys might want to email C2O Corp in Singapore for availability...

handspring_sales@c2ocorp.com

I'd prob buy mine Christmas after reading the initial reviews (if you know what I mean)...
    If i'm not mistaken, PalmOne Singapore has taken over all distribution rights in Singapore. So that email link to C2O Corp is not valid.
    Maybe, but that would only be because the people in Jakarta are buying Nokias and xdas. The amount of disposible income in Jakarta is staggering, though nothing now like it was in the days before the economic crisis.

A pretty big percentage of the tourist income in Singapore is from Indonesians.
    according to information, biggest user of nokia communicator series in asia is in indonesia. so nokia give the honour to release nokia communicator 9500 in indonesia first.
    and they have the nokia 9500 prototype in here
    Price of the Treo 600 in Singapore has fallen from $12XX to $988..
    I just bought a T600 with Verizon. Should I take it back?
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast