1.    #1  
    Since I saw the threads on converting DVD movies to play on the T600, it got me thinking that it would be nice to convert a few night's recordings, save them to SD card, and view them at my morning workout or at lunch.

Since the shows I want to watch on the T600 are just newsey type shows, the 160x160 resolution isn't a big deal. Sound shouldn't be too big a deal with the onboard speaker. Might get headphones.

Anyone actively doing this?

-WC-

PS: Anyone that doesn't know what a ReplayTV is, it's Tivo's competition.
    I know you can do this with BeyondTV. Don't know about ReplayTV, though.
  3.    #3  
    hmm, is BeyondTV another DVR brand? Never heard of them before.

I presently have a server on the lan that is able to pull the shows off the ReplayTV recording unit. Maybe I will have to try to just convert those files on the server as if it was DVD movie data - but doubt it will work. I have read somewhere that the data is stored in a not-so-standard way.

-WC-
  4.    #4  
    hmm, not sure why this didn't come up earlier in my search. I might have typoed the term I guess...

From 11/2003 by user Shaber:
    Storing videos. When I travel, I grab a few TV shows off my ReplayTV using DVArchive, then convert it to an AVI file (using Dr. DivX) which I can view using MMPlayer on the Palm and listen to using headsets. The battery life when using headsets is pretty good compared to using the built-in speaker, and the quality through the headsets is great! The 512MB card has room for about 2 hours of video or more, plus all the other stuff I keep on it.

Guess I will have to find this DrDivx program...

-WC-
    BeyondTV is a PC based DVR. Has some fantastic features (streaming over the internet, for instance).
    From 11/2003 by user Shaber:
    Storing videos. When I travel, I grab a few TV shows off my ReplayTV using DVArchive, then convert it to an AVI file (using Dr. DivX) which I can view using MMPlayer on the Palm and listen to using headsets.
    -WC-[/QUOTE]

How do you pull off Reply TV? via ethernet? which program?

Thanks in advance
    stageworks@usa.net
    Quote Originally Posted by stageworks
    How do you pull off Reply TV? via ethernet? which program?

Thanks in advance
    umm...DVArchive, like he said

Quote Originally Posted by Shaber
    Storing videos. When I travel, I grab a few TV shows off my ReplayTV using DVArchive,
    There are some really good FAQs and forums there as well to get you started.

Another place to look is the AVS Forum - ReplayTV section.

Good Luck
    wildcard ,dude if you buy a tv card, then from the tv card save a specific show ,and even set a time to record it, or if you have dvr from timewarner cable you hook up usb and save that way too, and then get dr.divix and encode it for hand held for one hour of show or movie, it would take about two hours, but if you need help go to www.mmplayer.com and read there forum. forums help alot. bye and good luck
    Yes, I pulled shows off the ReplayTV using DVArchive over its ethernet connection.

You can also search for RTVTools, and a graphical interface for it called Revue. It will use the commercial skip info and can save a new mpeg that skips the commercials before you run it through DrDivX.

I haven't done this in awhile. It takes a bit of time to go through, and I'd just as soon listen to Audio books using Audible! But it's fun to try it out, and really shows off what you can do with the T600.