1.    #1  
    Hi

I just recently bought my Treo 600 and are very pleased with it. The only problems, this far, is that the sound quality from the internal (the one on the front) are so bad! It sounds like there are almost no treble and lots of midrange. It's like listening to someone talking in a can!

Is this the way it should be!? Or is something wrong with my phone?

I used a Ericsson T39m before and the difference in sound quality is enormous! I can't beleive that a phone that are so good in other areas could be that bad when it comes to something that important!

/Erik
  2.    #2  
    Nobody?
    I had notedthesame thing, in particular with the headset that comes with the unit. I've been through many phones over the years - mostly Nokia - and none this bad. There is also that mic at the back! I find myself cupping my hands round the phone to keep focus on my mouth. The smart bits are great - but the phone leaves something lacking.
    I was having the same problem. Now my can't hear anything from that speaker. Thank God for warrenties.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by peter.thurston
    I had notedthesame thing, in particular with the headset that comes with the unit. I've been through many phones over the years - mostly Nokia - and none this bad. There is also that mic at the back! I find myself cupping my hands round the phone to keep focus on my mouth. The smart bits are great - but the phone leaves something lacking.
    One would think that it could be improved with software tweak! Even if the speakers and the construction itself are enhancing this sh*tty sound It must be possible to equalize it in the software. If not perfect, then at least make it better!

Strange that I've been reading lots of reviews and postings on this forum and never once saw anyone complain about the sound!? Is it me, my phone or everyone else???

/E
    Because you have a defective unit. Don't waste your time. Get it replaced immediately. That's what warranties are made for. :-)
    Ed
    Visor Deluxe, Prism, Visorphone, Treo 270, Treo 600, Treo 650, and am eagerly waiting for the next generation Treo...but wait...is that the iPhone????
  7.    #7  
    Just talked to the store that sold me the Treo. I will get a replacement by the end of next week. I really hope that it will be better!

/Erik