1.    #1  
    Just joined Napster and was hoping to buy and transfer music to my Treo to be played with Pocket Tunes. But I keep getting errors. Anyone have experience with this and are able to offer a solution?

Would greatly appreciate any help you could provide.

Thanks,

Bill H.
    Quote from pdageek news blurb:
    The Napster To Go service is the first service to offer any portability of digital music subscription content. Though the portability is currently limited to computers with Media Player 10 and the two portable media players offered by Samsung and Creative Zen, you can rest assured that more portable players will be manufactured to support subscription content...
    Thus in short... no.

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    It's being worked on for Pocket Tunes. No ETA though.
  4.    #4  
    If you burn your songs from Napster to a CD then rip them in Windows Media Player, you can then download them to your Treo!
    do you have to burn them directly to a cd. i downloaded from napster to my harddrive, then burned them onto a cd, then loaded them into windows media player then onto my sd card. but that didn't work.
    Make sure that windows media player isn't protecting the files when you rip them from the CD.
    "The danger from computers is not that they will eventually get as smart as men, but that we will agree to meet them halfway." -Bernard Avishai
    "Computers are a lot like air conditioners - they both work great until you open windows." -Anonymous

All the online services allow you to burn a CD, which can then be re-imported. I would suggest MP3 as it will work in every MP3 player (except the Sony) and is never 'protected'

Another solution (which avoids the CD burning step) for iTunes is to use the free iTunes-LAME Encoder, which will convert iTunes files to MP3.

http://www.versiontracker.com/dyn/moreinfo/macosx/13048
    Quote Originally Posted by drrjv
    All the online services allow you to burn a CD, which can then be re-imported. I would suggest MP3 as it will work in every MP3 player (except the Sony) and is never 'protected'

Another solution (which avoids the CD burning step) for iTunes is to use the free iTunes-LAME Encoder, which will convert iTunes files to MP3.

http://www.versiontracker.com/dyn/moreinfo/macosx/13048
    I use the LAME Encoder and with iTunes and it works Great! no need to burn to a CD, but this is a MacOS X only app! Surely somebody will built this for iTunes Windows users.
    <body bgcolor="#ffffff">
    <p><font size="-2" color="#4684ff" face="Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular"><b>imageone</b></font><font size="-2" face="Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular"> &#x2022; current - <b>PowerBook G4 - Mac OS X - white iPod video 60GB - Treo 650 - 700p (Sprint)<br>
    </b></font><font size="-2" face="Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular">retired - Visor Deluxe - Visor Prism - Kyocera 6035 - Treo 300 - Treo 600 - Blackberry 7250</font></p>
    </body>
    Wow, this thread is old. Napster has officially added the Treo 650 and I believe the 600 with Pocket Tunes as compatible players for Napster To Go.

I got it to work originally but now I'm having problems with it for some reason....was hoping to find info here...guess not!
    I use Napster-To-Go with PTunes and my 650 with no problems. What issues are you having with the combination?
    Former: Visor, Prism, VisorPhone, Treo 270,Treo 650, Centro Now: Pre