Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    How interested are folks in a Gameboy and Gameboy Color emulator for te Treo 600?

I've got one half done and just gauging interest..

Let me know if you'd donate to a free one; if I can get to some level of donation I won't have to make it shareware

jeff
    That would be awesome especially with the Treo Ace coming out soon! Heck while your at it, why not make a version of LJZ for the Treo too!!! That would be freaking awesome!!

In short, heck yeah I would donate or buy or whatever!!!

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    C'mon People!!!!!!! Post Some Encouragement Here!!!!

Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by gfunkmagic
    That would be awesome especially with the Treo Ace coming out soon! Heck while your at it, why not make a version of LJZ for the Treo too!!! That would be freaking awesome!!

In short, heck yeah I would donate or buy or whatever!!!
    LJZ is a whole ball of wax; more to point is my GuineaPig work (Genesis, TG16) is that the Treo 600 hasn't the muscle; those emus need serious performance, and the Treo 600 is a slower processor (about 132MHz or less, I forget exactly.) ie: The Zodiac can barely pull them off (200MHz, aggressive processor) :/

But GB/GBC shouldn't be a problem at all.

jeff

Treo Ace? Is that the rumoured 650? A high res device could run all my emus already
    Yeah, Treo Ace/650 is the same thing! Btw, what about the Z72 312 Mhz proc? The Ace is supppose to have the same proc as that. Wouldn't that provide enough performance for emulation?

Put me on, as long as I have one less stuff to bring the better. GB/GBC games brings on good games to spend your time on when you are just waiting, i.e.: dentist or doctor's office.
    yep i m in
    Nokia 3210 > Nokia 3310 >Palm Vx > Palm M105 >Treo 180g and Nokia 8850 > Treo 270 > Treo 600 > Sony TH55 > Tapwave Zodiac 2 > Treo 650 GSM > Imate KJam > Treo 750v

Formerly Known As PRANKSTAR
    Would I donate...only if it works with the games I would play.

For example...
    I've never seen Crystalis emulated perfectly.
    Is there an emulation available for the original Bubble Bobble??

Back to the question......... I would support it!
  10.    #10  
    I shall have to look in and see if I can wrap it up then See how far we can push it

I know my CaSTaway emu runs tolerably well, but not really well, on the Treo

jeff
    I am in as long as it does not have Trojan horse issue like the Liberty Palm emulator issues
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by TrySpammingMe
    I am in as long as it does not have Trojan horse issue like the Liberty Palm emulator issues
    Okay..

1) That was a loooooooooong time ago
    2) That was Ardiri not me/Codejedi
    3) I've pretty much written/ported most of the emus on Palm OS that people have been using for a lot of years
    4) My main product is one of the most respected Palm OS applications around, and its how I make my living. Writing trojans isn't condusive to paying the bills
    5) You can already try my CaSTaway emulator on Treo 600; not the very latest CaSTaway builds, but one of the later ones (its marked on the website) will work on Treo; not really fast, but its cool to see R-Type on cellphone

jeff

For Palm OS history sake.. the trojan'd Liberty was released only in IRC warez circles, and so those who got the trojan were those trying to pirate Liberty.. not regular people. But I didn't pay attention to such things back in (approx) 1998, so there are better places to look for that history.
    Last edited by skeezixcodejedi; 09/04/2004 at 11:05 PM.
    I would donate. That would be great, jeff!
    This is kewl... I will donate if you can give as a sampler ....

thanks.
    TREO 600 ROCKS !!!! I gave up my Zaurus sl-5500 and my Motorola v60i for it.

"Willing is not enough; we must do. Knowing is not enough; we must apply." -- Bruce Lee
    I would love a GB/GBC emulator for the treo 600-- and I believe you will find a reasonable demand for it, as well. There was a recent "request for interest" from crimsonfire.com's forums, as well, which ended up garnering a reasonable number of posts expressing interest (40 or so):

http://crimsonfire.com/community/showthread.php?t=2677

However, I'm not getting my hopes up for a near-future release on their part.

Anyway, I'll happily purchase/donate if you get such a thing working reasonably well with the various GBC zelda games. Sign me up!
    I would donate if it works better then the NesEM... which should not be a hard task...
    Iím a lucky man to count on both hands
    The ones I love..

Visor Pro -> Visor Edge -> Treo 180 -> Treo 270 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> T|T2+SE T68i -> Treo 600 -> T-Mobile MDA -> Treo 755p -> Treo 800w -> Treo 755p -> PALM PRE -> Palm Pre 2 -> HP Palm Pre 3

Twittering about
    I would donate. I tried Castaway and it worked well.
    I've been waiting for a year to get a GB/GBC or even a good NES emu on the treo. All the ones I've tried have poor options for button selection or just reboot the device.
    If it took full advantage of the Treo's controls and ran more smoothly than Phoinix, I'd donate towards a new emulator!
    This would rock!!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast